News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully 2 confirmed?  (Read 21642 times)

Offline Gui

• View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:30 AM »
http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2009/11/10/tgl-exclusive-interview-reveals-possible-bully-sequel/

The Gaming Liberty recently interviewed Shawn Lee about his work on the infamous Bully game developed by Rockstar. Although the interview is to come in the near future, we can post an excerpt from the interview in which Shawn Reveals some information that will have fans of the Bully game very, very excited indeed:

TGL: So far you’ve worked on two games, The Getaway and Bully, would you be open to composing for other games in the future?

Shawn Lee: “Yes. It looks like I will be doing the soundtrack for Bully 2 in the not so distant future….”

With this information, speculation will be rife regarding when the game is set and who is in it etc. Will it continue following Jimmy and the rumoured “college years”? We will have to wait and see!

Offline T-Bone

• The Chief of Police
  • I Need A Life
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »
Over the past 3 hours i have been online i have already seen a few things about this.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlr7tSmGstI
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:43:56 PM by tbone360 »

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:57 PM »
WHOA

Rockstars kept a lid on this, ah very good news.

Offline --Peter--

• View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 09:40:28 PM »
wow, its gona be a whole new kid in a whole nother town
or maybe it will be jimmy again in a different town at the age of 16.
i think it might suck cuz they poured all of the good stuff in bully 1

Offline Miss Ordered

• View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 10:01:45 PM »
Actually, I was fearing that the people at Rockstar would make a sequel for Bully.  However, I was fearing this because sequels can kill series/invite hoards of rabid fans to fandoms.  However, sequels still have the possibility of making a series better, but I'm still concerned about how disappointing Bully 2 might turn out.  Examples: Manhunt 2 ruined the Manhunt series (It's actually not too bad, though.).  

Would it be about Jimmy's later years?  Would they just dump him for another main character and a new school?  Or perhaps they might redo Bully from the perspective of another character?

Either way, the thought of another Bully should have fans waiting.  I was actually quite surprised when I read this, because I read an article that stated that Bully was given high reviews but did not sell enough to warrant a sequel.  Well, they were wrong.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.  I hope they put in as much detail, if not more, on the sequel instead of half-assing it like many other developers have done.

Mike_W

Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »
I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 10:41:43 AM »
looking promising!

Offline T-Bone

• The Chief of Police
  • I Need A Life
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »
Would they still make it for ps2? Because now that there's a ps3 theyre not making as many games for the ps2.

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 07:08:48 PM »
there is no way it would be made for PS2, it wouldnt be near completion yet, at earliest halfway through next year i would think

Offline T-Bone

• The Chief of Police
  • I Need A Life
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
That sucks, It seems every time I get a new console, The next month its out of date.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:42:01 PM by tbone360 »

Mike_W

Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
I hear you on that one.

Offline ZombieBully

• View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
It sounds cool. Hope this one doesn't kill the series. Sure do wish that it would be on the PS2 though.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
I think Marcus is right, it will have to be PS3....The last new game I got for PS2 was Ghostbusters, and that at $20 US the day after release...Also most department stores here have emptied their discount bins of PS2 games in recent months....The writing is on the wall.....

Considering all the trashing MH2 took, I found it to be a good game, almost the equal of MH1...My gripes concerned it being 4 episodes shorter, and no earnable cheats such as the first MH game....But it was great gameplay, so I feel that many MH fans were cheesed off because it wasn't an exact clone of the original....

I would hope that a Bully 2 would feature whole new characters, new settings, and new and different classes, missions, and cliques...Trying to improve on an original just doesn't cut it, you will always have pissed off people....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:18:19 AM by CHUCKX53 »

Offline Mercury

• Bullworth Official Steroids Dealer
  • Workout Freak.
    • View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 06:00:52 AM »
OK, seems I have to buy a new console... This sucks.

Offline JessiLikesRainbows

• View Profile
Bully 2 confirmed?
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Excuse me while I freak out.

A lot of people seem to be skeptical of whether Bully2 is going to be good or not. I have complete faith in Rockstar to make yet another kick ass game! I personally hope it still stars Jimmy.

And I was conviced that there wouldn't be a Bully2 since the first one supposedly wasn't successful enough to earn a sequal. Awright!! 8D