News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases  (Read 177633 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »
I will have that fully working soon since I know how to edit every single lua script.

You may notice that I have a sticky in the general modding section since I have managed to disassemble every lua script into Lua Bytecode which is similar to assembly....but in this case its a mixture of assembly and lua combined into one mess .....this is for each script...etc.

I will be working on rewriting every script by hand, but this is just a backup that I have ready since I am waiting for ntauthority to get back with me on whether he has found his decompiler sources or not....and even then, we don't have to have the scripts decompiled right away anyways because I have all the hex codes for editing just about everything in the game via hex if it is needed.

This is the biggest discovery that I have made yet and as of right now here is what I can promise can be done:

Fully drivable vehicles
changing jimmy's model
changing jimmy's fighting style and stats
editing the weapons and their projectiles
Discovered a lot of beta code including some interior stuff - infirmary is one of them...
editing the stores completely
disabling passing out at curfew
can disable authority figures busting abilities
can override every ped spawn point now
can override hard limits on vehicles such as speed, weight, so on
can edit the debug menus and get them functioning - I already explained everything to BullyImod123 and he is tackling the debug stuff while I finish posting the scripts as there is 515 total scripts
can edit the missions as well
can change ped attitudes fully and override them
can edit the weather directly and change some things that cannot be edited via timecycle
can change the seasons around or make it all just one long ass season
can edit water heights
I can now get the skin selector finished as well since now I know how all the code works
can change what vehicles spawn, and where, and when and even enable the mower as a spawned vehicle driven by peds...same with gokart
can enable cheats too but that I likely will never do due to buggy code
I can also get all the other interior coords that are missing from the lists you and I have...such as roof coords themselves....infirmary coords, and disable the boys dorms from warping you back to your room when entering them
Can keep all doors functioning throughout the game as you keep playing
can make any ped hirable as a bodyguard
can have all barriers removed fully at the start of the game and have the whole map open when you start a new game
can have the items, props, weapons that we couldn't use before working fully such as the joke candy, super spud gun, bbgun, etc

I can go on with even more things.....I just ask that everyone be very patient with me as I am going through all of my converted scripts...cleaning code up and posting it in my locked topic as a permanent archive and after those are posted I will post a complete brand new modding tutorial set I am getting ready to write on how to use these converted scripts to edit the existing ones....for now at least....since once I get the scripts fully decompiled back to lua sources, we will have a even easier time of editing the game.

I will ask that anyone that knows any lua coding that wishes to help to please pm me and I will explain what I could use a extra hand in doing since these scripts will take time to go through and convert to full working lua sources by hand. I can do it alone...but expect this to take some time...as in a few months at least due to the number of scripts that need redoing.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2012, 01:06:57 AM »
How come mission number 3_07 crashes? Is it another Beta mission that bugs too much to even be played? And what's 5_04.lur supposed to be?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
That mission crashes due to the fact that some missions, that one in particular, have to be called from another mission script to be used directly. A couple scripts are actually also cutscenes too from what ive been seeing while reading the lua code.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
So it's just part of another mission? aww, I was hoping it would be Gary's oh spank me moment lol

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2012, 01:39:34 AM »
I really doubt that cutscene exists in the game anymore.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »
It's good that it doesnt exist, finding it would be just like when they found the Hot Coffee mod. Interesting but it would ruin the game's rating.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »
I thought you checked the console versions for it?, yea some of the older stuffs way better exspes the boys dorm

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:28 AM »
Carlos, you'd be surprised, man. There are some things left in the game's code which, if enabled, would be hot coffee all over again.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »
I thought you checked the console versions for it?, yea some of the older stuffs way better exspes the boys dorm

I never had a chance to look at everything.

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2012, 06:46:12 AM »
Carlos, you'd be surprised, man. There are some things left in the game's code which, if enabled, would be hot coffee all over again.
Dang, for real? I do remember in a trailer seeing the beta paparazzi mission, you could see under Mandy's legs as Jimmy was taking a picture as she was showering in the locker room.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
Dang, for real? I do remember in a trailer seeing the beta paparazzi mission, you could see under Mandy's legs as Jimmy was taking a picture as she was showering in the locker room.

...You perv, anyway 華雄 what stuff?, perhaps if someone could check the console versions in particular the ps2, their maybe stuff that can be added into the pc version? their are a few things from the ps2 version that have been left in the pc version so maybe their might not be many differences if any but who knows?

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »
Yea, we could add the three hit combos for those characters that had them in ps2, we could end up finding Johnny's complete Tae Kwon Do kicks, he only does a tornado kick in the beta style we have.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
I have the ps2 version of bully and can check that out for everyone and compare to the pc version for changes in scripts and other things other then the game engine.

Since the ps2 and wii use the renderware game engine which if memory serves...is also the same game engine vice city and san andreas use.

On another note.....I have every single texture extracted and organised in the same folder structure the devs used. considering these are in .dds format and not .tga which is the original format anyways.

In case you are wondering how I did this, I created a custom python script that extracted everything from the .nft texture nifs and recreated the same folder structure that was recorded in those files so now we have a fully usable organised library of bully textures.

I will be releasing this on my server later today.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »
@Steman and Carlos: Well, for one, Jimmy was actually supposed to get a panty reward at the end of "Panty Raid"...one that he actually WEARS.

The other is that dogs were meant to be killed once "beaten up".

Offline Carlosvc92

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2012, 01:20:30 AM »
@Steman and Carlos: Well, for one, Jimmy was actually supposed to get a panty reward at the end of "Panty Raid"...one that he actually WEARS.

The other is that dogs were meant to be killed once "beaten up".

First one would get an AO Rating probably.
Second one would be just violent, because when kids kill animals, that's a sign that they might turn into a serial killer when they're older.