News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases  (Read 182044 times)

deadpoolXYZ

Re: Mods for Bully - Ultimate Modding Thread - Tutorials and Releases
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »
@Steman and Carlos: Well, for one, Jimmy was actually supposed to get a panty reward at the end of "Panty Raid"...one that he actually WEARS.

The other is that dogs were meant to be killed once "beaten up".

You mean laying on the ground doing nothing just like normal peds?

Oh don't forget that in the ps2 version the last hit of the dropouts main combo is unblockable.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:13 AM »
I'm not talking about beta things or differences between SE and the first version. I'm talking about material that can cause another hot coffee controversy.

As for the dogs...I don't know how they die...but they were meant to be killed. That I can guarantee.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2012, 05:33:21 AM »
Well, it was a good choice by Rockstar by not adding that in, or else Jack Thompson could of got a higher chance of the ban.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »
The dogs can in fact be killed but they are set to have a invulnerable tag in the lua scripting. Currently the only thing that can be "killed" would be the rats but anything that is set to actually die will be just like the rats when dead. This means a ragdoll body that is left and does not disappear after a set time.

The dogs currently use this bit of LUA code to be set as invincible: PedSetInvulnerable(141, true) with 141 being the pitbull dog model. If this code is set to PedSetInvulnerable(141, false) then the dog or ped in questino can be killed. As for the regular peds rather then the dogs....I have not located the trigger mechanism that makes their bodies disappear after a set time.....since leaving a ragdoll to beat around would be kinda fun and a bit more like other games......but rockstar made sure to not include any blood in the game period. So to make a ped have a true death scene...then blood animations and textures would have to be added and custom code for such. I will not add any of that since it would no longer be bully if I did....but I can disable the invulnerability of the dogs so you can at least beat em senseless and knock them out.

Tho I imagine that any ppl from PETA that seen this post would likely try to sue my ass off (they wouldn't get anything anyways since I am poor) and try to cause some controversy.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2012, 02:41:21 AM »
Well, you can kill dogs in RDR and I didn't see PETA trying to sue Rockstars ass off, lol. They might of tried, though. lol

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
In the slow animation speed glitch that's plaguing my game now, I noticed their position when they're on the ground the moment they hit the ground looks like a dead person...and it's different than when they begin to struggle getting back up.

Offline ReaperTeh

• the besterest dolphin a man could ask for
  • k
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
First, I'd like to say that I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I've looked around and I couldn't find anything.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get girls to make out with you regardless of the clothing you're wearing. A lot of the outfits I like have something about them that prevents any chance of that happening (i.e. the I'm With Stupid T-Shirt) and I don't like feeling restricted towards what I can wear if I want to have the option to make out with them available to me always. I'm fine with tinkering around in the game's files to find something like that if someone can point me in the direction I'd need to go. I'm a modder for some games myself, but I know nothing about modding Bully at the moment.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
Their is a file somewhere in the bully directory which does just this for each clothing if someone could point it out as i dont have bully installed atm, its easily recogniseable

Offline ReaperTeh

• k
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
I looked around in the files and all I could find was Cloths.dat in Config\dat. Edited out all the SPECIALKISS flags, since I assume they were what was keeping me from kissing girls, and put on a Hazmat Helmet. Couldn't kiss them. I'm pretty sure my outfit would let me do so without the Hazmat Helmet on, considering I've kissed girls in the same outfit before, so whatever the file is I guess I can't find it.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
SPECIALKISS is for head items only and with that flag enabled....it means that you can kiss a girl...or guy (the few bi ones) and if that flag is nulled out of there....you cannot kiss anyone while wearing that outfit.

Offline ReaperTeh

• k
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2012, 12:33:42 AM »
Are you sure? I just added SPECIALKISS to a lot of head items, tried a few different ones, and I still wasn't able to kiss anyone with the headgear on.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2012, 04:01:30 AM »
Tomorrow sometime after I wake up I will try to remember to double check things......Some things I have found out are disabled via lua in teh scripting itself and I have been working to rewrite several scripts and also crank out some more script mods since scripting is my current focus rather then the other parts of the bully internals.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »
@Steman and Carlos: Well, for one, Jimmy was actually supposed to get a panty reward at the end of "Panty Raid"...one that he actually WEARS.

The other is that dogs were meant to be killed once "beaten up".
The first one may be lies.
I found a item which were a pair of girls underwear, but they weren't Jimmy's since every item of clothing I checked always showed Jimmy's legs (if shorts) or hands an arms (T-shirts vests etc.)
Also if R* were gonna put a item of girls clothes for Jimmy, it'd probably be a skirt or a dress.
 And some extreme people who hate cross dressers would probably have a protest. :/
As for the dogs..... PETA would shit themselves and have a heart attack.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
and to correct you....the first one about the panty reward...thats actually true and I have located lots of interesting stuff suggesting that not only in the world.img but also in the lua scripting too.

This can be easily enabled but it is kinda the last thing on my mind atm since I am currently redoing my main system after a rather nasty hacker attack on me.

As for the dogs...I have enabled that so they die like normal peds.....the dog after its lifebar disappears simply lays there and then fades away to nothing eventually.

The dogs are set to have infinite health in the lua scripts which makes it impossible to "kill" them but thats just a simple line of code that can be changed which is childs play.

I may do a quick demonstration mod to prove this.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:46 AM »
Uhhh......... ugh. It's plain disturbing to think Jimmy would be going around Bullworth wearing girls underwear.  :blank: :blank: :blank:
Jimmy:  :hmm: :hmm:
*Jimmy does it*
Jimmy:  :biggrin:
All the other students:
 :blank: :confused:  :o  :ohmy: :laugh:
Jimmy:  :-X  :blush: :blush: :blush: :blank: "Why did I do this?"