News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully Multiplayer Mod  (Read 62845 times)

Offline JimmyWants2GetItIn

• View Profile
Bully Multiplayer Mod
« on: April 12, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
Could someone please make an online feature for Bully PC I don't know about the consoles , Like a co-op campaign or something that would be beast. I know nobody is gunna do this but please , think about it :P

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Bully Multiplayer Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »
It is not as simple as just making it....lol

This is a mod that will take a long time to make...maybe a year or two depending on the amount of people working on it.

I have the full sources to the gta sa-mp system that I plan to study and possibly port to bully but this is last on my list of projects due to the amount of work that will be......no easy task I will say.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:30:18 AM »
Yes I know it would be very hard to do and when you are going to start could you please notify me :)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Here is some good news and bad news:

Good News: Since most Bully modders are excellent, AI bet they can make a Bully online mod. Kinda lik SA:MP or MTA

Bad News: Unlike MTA/SA:MP there aren't that many Bully modders and even then some of the best are pricks. (Not MadmaN he's probably the happiest modder who mods Bully) So they really can't.

I wouldn't put money on Bully being online anytime soon.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
@ Johnny Vincentfan1

Heh, I appreciate the good compliments m8! And as I have tried to illustrate with what I do on bully modding, A modder that shares work and works with other people instead of instantly assuming every joe blow out there is going to either steal their work or leech off of them will go farther and gain more respect in the community's eyes versus a modder that refuses to help others, work with anyone on a team or share work.

Modders that say "figure it out yourself!" when asked for help regarding somthing or when someone asks them how they did something are just hurting themselves in the end and they will eventually lose a lot of respect with people. And it is like I've said before, I am not in this for the fame, not in this to prove I am better then anyone and not in this to have people kiss my butt on things.....just in it because I like game modding, have had a long history with it and like to help others learn since what you learn here in game modding can be used as well in everyday life too. Since this is basicly problem solving and making snap decisions on the spur of the moment...which can help you with a job in real life or how to figure out a problem in real life.

Regarding the possability of a multiplayer mod....I have a firm belief that bully can have one made since it already has some multiplayer code in the engine anyways. Mainly for the consoles where the second player plays as gary for certain missions rather then a full coop play through. This coupled with the sa-mp sources just may allow us to create a multi-player addon for bully that has similar capabilities as the sa-mp mod for gta san andreas. We have nothing to lose by trying since in my eyes....nothing is impossible....just exceedingly difficult at best....lol

And if we work together on this....I think we can make it happen. What I need to do for this is basicly build a coding team that is willing to put the work into this....tho unlike the sa-mp team that has made their server and client mod closed source.....I will make this opensource so anyone can develop it and improve it. The only downside is that if there is several different versions out there it can make it hard for ppl to connect to specific servers if they have a different version of the mod.....but maybe there is a way around that.

I will probably tonight make a new topic where people can suggest ideas or what they would like to see for a bully online mod and keep that listed and just add to it as we get new members and pretty much plan it out from there.

I can try to recruit a few coders that I know personally and see if they are interested in giving this a shot and maybe go from there.

First things first tho...I need to get the lua scripts fully finished before a multiplayer mod can be worked on since most of the game's scripting is controlled via lua. It may even be possible to code the multiplayer mod from scratch just using lua and nothing else....it would make things so much easier. And just call the multiplayer script from the game's main menu. I know how to add menu entries easily so thats no problem.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
MadMan you are a beast , I can't believe you are actually going to try this :)
If you ever get multiplayer for Bully I will love you forever <3

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »
Modders that say "figure it out yourself!" when asked for help regarding somthing or when someone asks them how they did something are just hurting themselves in the end and they will eventually lose a lot of respect with people. And it is like I've said before, I am not in this for the fame, not in this to prove I am better then anyone and not in this to have people kiss my butt on things.....just in it because I like game modding, have had a long history with it and like to help others learn since what you learn here in game modding can be used as well in everyday life too. Since this is basicly problem solving and making snap decisions on the spur of the moment...which can help you with a job in real life or how to figure out a problem in real life.

First things first tho...I need to get the lua scripts fully finished before a multiplayer mod can be worked on since most of the game's scripting is controlled via lua. It may even be possible to code the multiplayer mod from scratch just using lua and nothing else....it would make things so much easier. And just call the multiplayer script from the game's main menu. I know how to add menu entries easily so thats no problem.
That "go figure it yourself" thing is pretty much true, I learnt how to rig for GTA SA by myself.

I do know a bit of coding but in GTA SA only though lol.
I am very new to scripting and I only know how to spawn characters. In GTA though. :/
e.g load_special_actor 'SWEET'

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »
Well online bully can be done. It wouldn't take forever their are certain programs for bully that work with GTA SA they run on the same engine and frequency. Basically if someone takes a program from GTA SA and runs it with bully it may be able to run online if not then here is what you do maybe I have it down.

Changing all factions in game to player1 with hex editor will change the games settings. I will try this and see what happens changing bully's bully.exe to function with a internet frequency. I don't know how to do this but I will look into it.

The player1 on bully is controlled by a player or (Human) which is different between from the AI.
If you try to change some AI to player1 that is one step to having online players. Every AI will be disabled and only players will be in free roam.

Thus after doing this trying to disable every character from free roam won't be hassle. Just change their factions and they will be disabled. Russell has a scripted spawning near the gates and in front of the bully's turf. It will be the only player two players available.

Then after create a program with a internet's attachments. Using Microsoft Visual 2010 should be perfect it will allow you to create programs with an online attachment. Scripting this in won't be easy just look up online how to make muliplayer games.

After this Go to Microsoft Visual 2010 and create a file called BullyMultiplayer.exe you will use this for the new exe for bully and delete the old one. Just decompile the bully.exe and then add all the files to this file. After this is done look at this video
(How to create a GTA SA:MP Server [Part 1] /Voice over)

It shows the basics on how to make a multiplayer. I am doing this as a type i'll upload and let someone try it if it works. Then when you make that program make sure you save it and make sure you change all players to player1.

Then when people join create a custom ped list in Microsoft Visual 2010. A script hook as it probably will be add a list of all characters from Jimmy to the last character in the ide.img.
Once this is done refer to the games names of characters like N_Earnest. Then once you add this you have a basic online multiplayer for bully I am not saying I am right or wrong on this post I will try it and others can to after I am done I will upload this file and my ide.img and then the moment people have been waiting for will be done.

Their is also probably a way to switch players in this multiplayer mode as I said before you must switch the players to player1 and then create a script hook for the multiplayer file with a list of peds then put his folder to run with the bully.exe trainer then switchable characters will also be available. As I said I am not saying I figured this out or did this just suggesting something for other modders to do if you want mutiplayer have fun trying :D.

Also GTA:SA has the same type of mainframe as bully using that how to create a GTA SA:MP might help allot even better just creating new scripts for everyone else might be hard. Just look at the video and you should have it done.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:47:55 PM by UltimateGamer1 »

BullyPlayer

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »
it would be cool to have the whole bullworth map and killing each other and pick any character you want

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 08:44:08 AM »
it would be cool to have the whole bullworth map and killing each other and pick any character you want

Yea would be awesome, but i think its a little out of sight at this stage sadly, modding does seem to be evolving at a rapid speed and a landmark has been recently set, so i don't think its off the cards but it will take some time
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:57:15 AM by Steman »

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »
I doubt there will be a Bully Multiplayer mod.. It would take a long time.. And, to be honest I have cut down on playing Bully myself and I sort of forget about it more and more as life goes on. All the Dramas going on in my life, lol. I should get reminded because of the site name but I never really bother to play Bully, lol.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »
lol well thats a shame, cause modding has reached a new milestone, but yea i can't remember the last time i played it, and i completely agree about the multiplayer comment, its either not gonna happen or it will happen but in a year or two minimum, their just isn't enought dedicated people to get it up and running for a start, and even if their was the technical side of things would be too in depth anyway, lets hope that this game can pick up interest overtime

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
I agree with what you said, I think I've just cut down on playing altogether, but I still do play here and there, I admit I use to play like there was no tomorrow a few years ago, but I sort of cut down.

But I do still play a few games on my PS3, But I admit I will probably start getting addicted to GTA5 when it comes out, lol.

Offline Kainsmoney

• View Profile
    • Kainsmoney
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
I do not see this happen, way too much work, is a better idea to tell Rockstar not to miss a good online Multiplayer in Bully 2 like they did with Bully 1, lol.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 06:03:15 PM »
It will happen....and hard as it is...it is not impossible.

Thing is tho, to make that happen....I gotta build a team for it since ppl said the same thing about gta....if you may remember....so...way I see things, anything is possible.