News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Darby boss style  (Read 16244 times)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Darby boss style
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 07:07:27 AM »
It's not the full style though for AI's, which is what I'm trying to get working.

I'm pretty sure it also lacks the block without a ped using "BoxingPlayer", which is not needed in lua scripting.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:12:06 AM by くにお »

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
I don't think he get's it lol. Darby only has one complete boss style which he uses in Dishonorable Fight that style is the 100% complete version so the style we have in free roam is still the same style just with the boxingplayer.act. Even if we get the boss style in free roam will it be the same as Dishonorable Fight, I noticed that even when someone is outside of the trophy room he doesn't use the knock out punch do you think he will use this punch even in free roam?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:04:19 PM by UltimateGamer1 »

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
someone name 360hackmaster in youtube gave me darby boss style in free roam he is so nice

You obviously don't get what we are trying to do. -_-
We are trying to get Derby full style and not just an very unstable version
 that cannot be controlled and wont allow you to roam around
 w/o the annoying random attacks.
I tested 360hack modded Derby style myself and its unstable to use
(also impossible to enjoy using).
If you wait patience (which I see you're impatience) then we could get our work done.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:00:52 AM »
I don't think he get's it lol. Darby only has one complete boss style which he uses in Dishonorable Fight that style is the 100% complete version so the style we have in free roam is still the same style just with the boxingplayer.act. Even if we get the boss style in free roam will it be the same as Dishonorable Fight, I noticed that even when someone is outside of the trophy room he doesn't use the knock out punch do you think he will use this punch even in free roam?

I don't need BoxingPlayer...using the style with lua scripting works just fine. Also, if you use the boss script, the knockout punch is all that's used, and the ped uses it wherever, not just in the trophy room.

Hopefully on Friday, I'll have time to pump out a video demonstrating what I've found so far.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »

I don't need BoxingPlayer...using the style with lua scripting works just fine. Also, if you use the boss script, the knockout punch is all that's used, and the ped uses it wherever, not just in the trophy room.

Hopefully on Friday, I'll have time to pump out a video demonstrating what I've found so far.

When you make the video I'd love to see it.
:DD

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »

I already know you don't need the boxingplayer.act for his full style -_-. I am not talking about the punch where they get knocked out and stand back up I am talking about the punch where they get knocked down and Darby runs behind the bar. Will that punch be available in free roam to. Their are 3 uppercuts in his style alone one normal uppercut,auto uppercut, and knock out uppercut, will all the uppercuts be used in free roam because the knock out uppercut I am talking about he uses automatically when the player knocks out 2 characters. I am asking if the 100% full dishonorable fight boss style is available in free roam with every move from his boss fight?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »
....I am talking about his uppercut, the one that is used when he runs back into the bar...it deals the same amount of damage. The only difference is that in the boss fight it causes the player to hold his chin for a bit before getting up, while the one I have doesn't have the chin holding animation. Quite pretty sure I know what controls that uppercut he uses once the Preps are taken out.

And so far, I haven't been able to get both that uppercut and all his other moves in one style...as it is now, it's either the uppercut, or the normal boss style. I still need to do more tests with the style.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:04:04 PM by くにお »

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »
... Okay but that is the only problem his full boss style still isn't available yet it's maybe 90% done now. It is great that we have this style now and we can use it in free roam on Darby but I still hate that it won't be 100% full just not like Johnny's boss style. Hopefully you can find the full boss style nothing missing. When you block the doors with those yellows bars, the game commands Darby's uppercut to shut down and he can't use it again.

Even so after you find Darby's complete style, we have allot more to go like the Mascot,Gary,Russell,Norton,Jimmy,Bif,Gord,Earnest,Crazies, and the Jocks. Their are a few more boss style's or mission based styles we haven't found yet some of these aren't even available in the game. It's good that Madman unlocked many things for us but something tells me we are just begging.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:47:59 PM by UltimateGamer1 »

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
....I am talking about his uppercut, the one that is used when he runs back into the bar...it deals the same amount of damage. The only difference is that in the boss fight it causes the player to hold his chin for a bit before getting up, while the one I have doesn't have the chin holding animation. And I'm pretty sure I know what controls that uppercut he uses once the Preps are taken out.

And so far, I haven't been able to get both that uppercut and all his other moves in one style...as it is now, it's either the uppercut, or the normal boss style. I still need to do more tests with the style.

I wonder when you're making the fighting style selector will..
Ground punch, block, Charge attacks
(Like Gary Kick to the gut), and counter grab be stable to use or not.
Because I would love to use the greaser ground punch. :D

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »
I'll make a video explaining his full style so I can understand what's missing.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
I'll make a video explaining his full style so I can understand what's missing.

I know what's missing, dude, trust me.

But I have to figure out what triggers each attack before I can unlock the full style. And it's not just simple functions...there's the trigger area, the sequence, etc.

It's complicated. And the fact that I don't even have the full script decompiled makes things even more difficult, since it's missing a lot of locals and a couple of functions since it is unable to read them. But I can assure you that when I do figure it out, I'll release it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:54:01 AM by くにお »

Offline kissmejohnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:45 AM »
Sooo... any word on the release of the Darby boss style mod?

I cant seem to find it -_____-

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »
Patience, young grasshopper.

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »
It should be released as soon as it is done. The full boss style isn't functional in free roam, the game isn't reading the other scripted moves once those are done it will be released. No one will be able to leach this one because the original creators put their name on top.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »
Sooo... any word on the release of the Darby boss style mod?

I cant seem to find it -_____-

If you mean the AI version:

http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=16756.0

I'm gonna release it...I initially planned to have it done today, but I'm gonna need more time on that, since I'm busy this week.