News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
Hello
« on: October 05, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new around here. I mostly spend time on the Manhunt forum over at Projectmanhunt.com, I've lurked around here once in a great while just to see what it was like, but now I've decide to actually register. Been playing Bully for a few years now and it's one of my favorite games out there. I have close to a 90% and enjoy the game for being similar to GTA, but different enough to make it enjoyable in it's own right.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »
Hey dude, welcome!

Hope you stick around. This places is really cool.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »
Hi! Hi! Welcome aboard.

And like Dave said, please stick around. This places is really cool awesome.

Chrissy

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »
Hello there! Welcome to the forums and all those splashy effects.

Love the username, by the way,

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
Thanks you guys.

This place seem much more active then the other forum I visit, I probably wouldn't have gotten a response for another day or two. With activity like this, and as good of a community as I've seen so far there really isn't any reason for me not to stick around.

I love this username as well, I use it on many other sites including my Youtube channel. This old Death Metal band Gorgasm I really like had song by the name of Corpsefiend. I even had the pleasure of talking to there bassist back in the day. I just thought the name had this really cool ring to it and decided to use it, even though it makes me sound like some raging necrophiliac. lol
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:00:15 PM by Corpsefiend »

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
You won't have to worry about inactivity. We're EXTREMELY active. And there's like....8 of us. Impressive much?!

And I don't get the reference because I'm me. :P

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »
Nobody here has a life so we're very active lol

Also, I love your username as well. Random, but I have a friend who listens to Cannibal Corpse so Corpsefiend kinda reminds me of that.

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
Your friend has good taste in music.

Chrissy

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »
I did associate it with a touch of necrophilia. :P

I take it you enjoy macabre and horror as well?

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:27 PM »
Dead on balls accurate.

I have a pretty wide, if not a little picky, taste for things macabre in nature. Horror is my favorite genre of books, movies, and video games. But, from a film making perspective it's not that I simply like to see a bunch of fucked up shit, it's more the creative side of things. With the older (better) movies before CGI it would always make me wonder how they would do all those cool gore effects. This had a lot to do with stimulating my curiosity and becoming more immersed with the genre.

I did come from the Manhunt Forum after all, anybody who's played that game will tell you in video games, it doesn't get much more fucked up then that. If you haven't played it I would highly suggest it. It's made by Rockstar and even takes place in the same universe as Bully and GTA, with many nods and reference to be made. In fact there are a few reference to Manhunt in Bully, you might not have noticed them yet.

Chrissy

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
As far as I know, I've played Manhunt, Chuck, and I think Crazy Snake.

My friend actually managed to obtain a leaked copy around the time they said they were going to ban it, so we actually finished it before it came out.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:17 AM »
Hey there Corpsefiend.....I remember you from over at PMH fourms.  I'm signed up there myself, although I haven't been there for quite awhile.  Nice to see you here. 

I run them MH missions over so many times I can do them in my sleep.  It's my 2nd fave series after Bully.  We can set up a topic somewhere if you like.  There's a MH sub-thread down in the 'Other Games' section on it.

Bean Eatin' Chicken Shit !!

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:32:18 AM »
Can't say I remember you, did you have a different username?

That forum has kinda gone down the shitter recently. I still go there and post all the time, it's just that it's pretty dead, a lot of the OG's don't come around anymore, and most of the new comers are either kids, failing trolls, or both.

I've checked out the Manhunt discussion and even posted in there. That's a pretty cool feature they have here, threads about other games so you can talk about Rockstar's entire library on just one forum. I posted about all the little references to Manhunt that you can find in Bully. Perhaps later I will post some news about the Manhunt franchise if anything comes up. Still praying they pull there heads out of there asses and make a third game.  >:(

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 04:01:11 AM »
Same here.  I was all jonesed waiting for MH2 back in '07 when they delayed it's release, I was really pissed.  I really like both equally, although MH2 was a lot shorter than I woulda liked.  That, and there were no 'Extras' to be had like could be got from MH1, like super punch, invisibilty, silence, regenerate, fully equipped, the helium hunters, and the different skins you can get.

Think my fave missions in MH1 are White Trash, Fuled By Hate, View Of Innocence, Wrong Side OfThe Tracks, Trained To Kill, Key Personnel....MH2, I really like Most Wanted, Assassination, Best Friends, Altered States, Bee's Honey Pot, & Domestic Disturbance, those are the missions I always go back to again and again.

It's kinda looking like R*Star may never make a Bully 2 or a Manhunt 3....A real shame if that never happens.  Both are such great series, although a bit contraversial.

Not surprised you never saw me over on PMH....I only got like 70 posts over there, and haven't put anything in there for like a year or so.  Last time I checked, a few months ago, it didn't seem too lively.  I posted some on the RE fourms quite a while back (another series I love), but really, I found a home over here with these guys, they're a great bunch.

EDIT - Fact is, I hadn't been logged in over there since last Nov. 14 !!!  Man, time flies, don't it....

http://www.projectmanhunt.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5329&start=30
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:19:20 AM by Chuck X »

Offline Corpsefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 04:53:31 AM »
My opinion of the Manhunt games is different. To me the first game is by far superior, I enjoy the game in it's entirety and have a hard time trying to choose my favorite levels. The second one just didn't deliver in so many ways. Graphics, sound, and gameplay are all lacking. Even if your willing to see past the censorship, the game at it's core is still pretty bad. I do enjoy it however, I just don't think it can compete with the original in any way, shape, or, form.

I've always wanted to see Manhunt 3 and Bully 2. Manhunt is my favorite video game franchise, with GTA and Bully running close seconds. Video game controversy is the stupidest thing ever. People are worried that if there kid plays GTA he will become a serial killer. I've had friends and family who where in the military and been trained to kill, and let me tell you playing a video game can train you to kill about as much as watching a Jet Li movie can train you to become a world class fighter. Also, when does parental responsibility come into play? Teach your kid not to shoot someone in the face and jack there car and maybe they will turn out right. Video games are just the latest scapegoat for people to blame all there problems on. Before video games it was heavy metal music, before that it was horror movies, and even before that it was comic books.