News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Poll

Which one of these modders would you want to return to the modding scene?

Fred Tetra
NTAuthority
|XF|-MadmaN [AR]
GovernmentMan123

Author Topic: Retired Modders Return  (Read 8411 times)

FaZe

Re: Retired Modders Return
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
I never get better, that's why I never release anything, It's not worth downloading when anyone can make it simply. If I'm not as advanced as you guys, I don't need to try and fail, try and win, because I know, it's not worth doing when you guys are beating me in knowing it. You guys, are so good at modding, to you guys, I'm sure I'm just a Frail Snail delivering mail about upcoming mods. To me, I don't know. I have no Idea where I want to go in my life, I have no idea what to do...It's just all so oh so pointless.  Thanks for believing, but no matter how good I am at typing, or even fixing computers. I'll never be what I wanted, I cry knowing I'll never be what I wanted. I've always wanted to be a Game Coder, one way or another, and knowing this isn't gonna happen. It hurts so much. I ain't as good as I thought I would be, and this is why I have to walk away. I'm sorry, I may still be around the board, I may still contact others, but I'll never be here to be as good as you.

Thanks for everything. Thanks for teaching me how to live. Thanks for teaching me how to love. Thanks for believing in me. Thanks for making me go further in this. Thanks for knowing. Thanks for giving me another reason to live. I love you all. But, I just can't do this code any more. The only language I will ever know from now, will hopefully just be English. I don't need LUA To live. I just need happiness.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
Ah well....

It is not about being better then anyone. It is all about just having fun and learning something new or trying something new. But in the end, what is most important is what makes YOU happy rather then everyone else, and as far as I am concerned....whatever makes you happy makes me happy too so thats all cool in the end m8.

I do also realize that some things that some people find easy to learn can also be the complete opposite for someone else and we all have unique skills in various areas. For you writing seems to be a natural talent and whatever your natural talent is....just pursue it and never stop trying to improve it until YOU are happy with things.

That is just the way to go in life.....for anything and I would bet that nearly everyone on this forum will agree with what I just said.

FaZe

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 05:56:02 AM »
Everyhting you say man is usually correct. I'd never doubt you.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:30 PM »
Well....that means a lot coming from you m8. :)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 11:08:09 PM »
I never get better, that's why I never release anything, It's not worth downloading when anyone can make it simply. If I'm not as advanced as you guys, I don't need to try and fail, try and win, because I know, it's not worth doing when you guys are beating me in knowing it. You guys, are so good at modding, to you guys, I'm sure I'm just a Frail Snail delivering mail about upcoming mods. To me, I don't know. I have no Idea where I want to go in my life, I have no idea what to do...It's just all so oh so pointless.  Thanks for believing, but no matter how good I am at typing, or even fixing computers. I'll never be what I wanted, I cry knowing I'll never be what I wanted. I've always wanted to be a Game Coder, one way or another, and knowing this isn't gonna happen. It hurts so much. I ain't as good as I thought I would be, and this is why I have to walk away. I'm sorry, I may still be around the board, I may still contact others, but I'll never be here to be as good as you.

Thanks for everything. Thanks for teaching me how to live. Thanks for teaching me how to love. Thanks for believing in me. Thanks for making me go further in this. Thanks for knowing. Thanks for giving me another reason to live. I love you all. But, I just can't do this code any more. The only language I will ever know from now, will hopefully just be English. I don't need LUA To live. I just need happiness.
just don't give up mate. Just because someone says your mods are crap, doesn't mean they really are. That's just their opinion, which shouldn't be important. like MadmaN was saying... Just do what you like. Doesn't matter what they think, it matters what the author thinks. In this case, it' you. If you like making this, keep going. Don't feel bad if you think your mods aren't advanced. You don't have to make a mod that revolutionizes Bully modding. Just a mod that you like. You shouldn't make mods all the time about what others like. It should be what you like. You're not alone if you don't like your mods. I don't like my mods at all, but I like making them. I just try. If I don't like it, I try something else. You can be successful. Just give it a try. If you're not advanced at LUA modding, just walk before you can run. Even spawning a few people would be nice. Just don't give up. You can do it m8.

Best of luck, to you.  :jajaja:

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
Mad is right, each with his own skills.
My natural skill is propably imagination.
I could give you like 10 new unique games in a simple 30 seconds.
So as much as coding isn't my natural skill, I managed to develop that skill, and with my imagination, it boosts up my skill further by thinking of a the great stuff I come up with my mods.

If you want to see a natural birth modder, its propably either mad or DaBOSS.

Now, mad started at a young age, very young age and he developed that skills for years now.

DaBOSS is a fast learner, makes him able to grap basics quite fast and the advanced a little faster then most.

Chuck is a born writer that's for sure, and Mo, Mo would be great with children, or as a supporter of any kind, simply he never is mean, and even when being mean towards him, it'll take time till he will become mean back. He is a really nice guy.

I'm not sure about it, but I think me, Lemon and Walter share the same natural skill.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
If you wanna know the truth about it.....It's Damn Hard to be good at something.  It takes a lot of work even if you actually have a talent for it. 

Like most, I had dreams of what I wanted to do when I was young.  One thing in particular.  I even went to school for it, and was hired on at a place.  But, within the week, I failed.  Wasn't as good as I believed I could be, so I literally walked away from it and quit.  It was hard giving up that dream, but I knew that whatever talent I did possess wasn't enough.

I picked another totally unrelated field to work in, went to a Tech School, and worked a lotta years at it.  I would say I was quite moderately successful at it, but eventually had to quit due to the physical toll it was extracting on parts of my body.  Along the way, I also worked at a place where I made millions of pounds of a common everyday product, and also drove a forklift for awhile.  Today, I do something else I also discovered I have a talent for, planning and organizing events.       

It the seventh and eighth grades, I wrote for, and published, the school newspaper.  I was a small school, and there was no school newspaper before I came along and did mine.  Besides school news, I wrote of local and national news as well.  I started it off by myself, but eventually had a staff of 2 who also contributed articles, and even some teachers wrote articles for it.  I didn't give this away for free, but sold it for a nominal sum per copy.  That school was not a public school, and I left after the eighth grade because the school only went to the eighth grade.  Far as I know, after I left, there was no school newspaper again.

I only wrote those short stories now and then after that, more afterwards as I gained better proficiency at it.  Some were even published in obscure publications.  This may sound funny, but I think "The Discouraged Testicle" was my best short story because It came to mind so easily....But, I certainly couldn't have that published mainstream, now could I ?

Writing is usually tough for me though.  I'm not a fast typist, never had that skill.  The ideas come far faster than I can put them down on the screen.  For just a post of 1000-2000 words will sometimes take 2-4 hours for me to complete and proofread.  Then, I have to play the Reader, and reread the whole thing, with these things in mind....(1) is it interesting enough to hold a random reader's attention ?....(2) does it advance the story well ?...(3) is it structured properly so that the reader can easily understand it ?....(4) does it lead to, or contribute to, the final end of that part of the story, or the final end of the story ?  {Because, as you see, one must have an idea as to where the story will conclude}. 

Being a relative good writer is a tough job.  Being an excellent one is even harder.  It's like that in life, about anything you do.  You may never achieve fame and acclaim for what you do, but that shouldn't be your goal.  Your goal should be the personal one of a job well done to the best of your ability. 

So, Evann, don't ever give up.  There are literally millions of things out there to try.  Find those that make YOUR life worthwhile.  Fame and Acclaim are fleeting things, and very few ever become Legends in their own time.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 11:07:15 AM »
this is getting WAAAAAAAYYY of topic rofl xD lol