News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Is Bully Modding dying?  (Read 23492 times)

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Is Bully Modding dying?
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2014, 01:03:52 PM »
That tool is pretty useful but I'd rather stick to the NotePad++ just my point of view. What I meant was something like this

Code: [Select]
Wait(2000)
  TextPrintString("LostInSpace Aka AlphaTECH: Hello my name is LostInSpace.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("Today I will be explaining how to mod bully lua style.", 4, 1)
  Wait(4000)
  TextPrintString("For a start up the first thing we need to do is spawn a ped.", 4, 1)
  Wait(4000)
  TextPrintString("You would start by using : Darby = PedCreateXYZ(37, l_1_0+1, l_1_1+1, l_1_2+1).", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This code spawns Darby right beside Jimmy.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("As you can see Darby is spawned and is registered as an NPC.", 4, 1)
  Wait(2000)
  Darby = PedCreateXYZ(37, l_1_0+1, l_1_1+1, l_1_2+1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("Next thing will do is make Darby attack which is pretty simple.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("You make ped's attack using this code PedAttackPlayer(Darby, gPlayer,1).", 4, 1)
  Wait(2000)
  PedAttackPlayer(Darby, gPlayer,1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This code allows Darby to attack but depending on the chapter he might be friendly.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("So even if he attacks, if it is chapter 5 he wont be able to hit you.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This is caused by the script telling the game that he has 100% respect.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This code here is used to removed the friendly code .", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("PedSetPedToTypeAttitude(Darby, 13, 0).", 4, 1)
  Wait(2000)
  PedSetPedToTypeAttitude(Darby, 13, 0)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("As you can see Darby is now attacking and htting the player at once.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("To Spawn a boss fight is pretty simple as he is now attacking and all the same.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("I almost forgot to show you how to add health to a ped PedSetHealth(Darby, 1000).", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This overrides the health used in Pedstats you can set it to pretty much anything.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("To delete a ped is pretty simple as used in missions.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("PedDelete(Darby).", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("This code only deletes the peds you spawn no others.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  PedDelete(Darby)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("So to create a boss fighting sequence you use the same codes used before.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  Darby = PedCreateXYZ(37, l_1_0+1, l_1_1+1, l_1_2+1)
  PedSetPedToTypeAttitude(Darby, 13, 0)
  PedAttackPlayer(Darby, gPlayer,1)
  PedFaceObjectNow(Darby, gPlayer, 3)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("Also to make a ped face the player like in missions use this code PedFaceObjectNow(Darby, gPlayer, 3).", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("PedShowHealthBar(Darby, true, "N_Darby", true) used to show health bars.", 4, 1)
  Wait(5000)
  PedShowHealthBar(Darby, true, "N_Darby", true)
  Wait(5000)
  TextPrintString("VERY IMPORTANT bHealthBarShown = true NEVER FORGET THIS CODE IT SPAWNS THE HEALTH BAR ON TOP OF THE SCREEN.", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  PedSetAITree(Darby, "/Global/DarbyAI", "Act/AI/AI_DARBY_2_B.act")
  TextPrintString("PedSetAITree(Darby, "/Global/DarbyAI", "Act/AI/AI_DARBY_2_B.act") This is his AI used to spawn his boss style.", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("Last but not least the music! SoundPlayStream("MS_DishonorableFight.rsm", 0.7)", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("Used as a single running track and runs no matter if a ped is dead or alive", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("SoundPlayInteractiveStream("MS_RunningLow.rsm", MUSIC_DEFAULT_VOLUME)No Action", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("SoundSetMidIntensityStream("MS_RunningMid.rsm", MUSIC_DEFAULT_VOLUME)Riding Bikes", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("SoundSetHighIntensityStream("MS_SearchingHigh.rsm", MUSIC_DEFAULT_VOLUME)Fighting", 4, 1)
  Wait(10000)
  TextPrintString("Enjoy the rest of the fight and to disable the prefects and cops use this code DisablePunishmentSystem(true) ", 4, 1)
  DisablePunishmentSystem(true)

Much more easier to learn from this then anything running in real time and you can read and watch what happens step by step.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:16:32 PM by LostInSpace »

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
I was thinking about making some tutorial that shows you in-game... it'd take a while but be pretty cool.
You should do a full one.

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
SWEGTA's Ultimate Pasta does that.

Also if someone does leave just from that script, they must be impatient. It's really not that hard once you get the hang of it.
True. Personally, I don't know anything about Lua, the only computer language I've ever known is Visual Basic.net using Visual studio. It was hard at first, but when I understood it, it wasn't very hard, and now even though I don't know Lua, I can conclude the meanings of some of the codes written in this page. Coding and programming isn't hard, it just needs patience. I learned ONLY the BASICS of Visual Basic in about 9 MONTHS. This was the time I became somewhat of a moderate visual basic programmer.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »
I learned the basics of C++ in under a week. ROFL I guess I'm just a fast learner...

Once you know one language the others are pretty easy, it's just getting the new syntax down since you already know how programming/scripting works. If you choose the hardest one first, it may be best because then everything else will be simple and easier. (I didn't do that but just an idea)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2014, 04:22:19 PM »
Like I said before it isn't the point of the modding community dying it is just that no one wants to go on NotePad++ and make up a mod. Yes to us it may seem pretty easy to write down one or two codes. Could you imagine learning lua for the first time and looking at this
MissionSetup = function()
  AreaTransitionXYZ(0,270,-110,6)
  F_SetupWeapons()
end

function MissionCleanup()

end

function F_SetupWeapons()
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Apple",model = 310})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Banana",model = 358})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Baseball",model = 302})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Basket Ball",model = 381})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Bat",model = 300})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Big Firework",model = 397})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Books 1",model = 405})
  table.insert(weapons,{name = "Books 2",model = 413})

I wouldn't be able to even grasp what in the world any of this meant it would make me quit the same day. It is making everything look usable and step by step that allows others to stay. I started modding not to long ago but I started with Lua first then looked at how to mod the ide.img it didn't take me that long to change a style or stats because it just seemed less stressful then making a whole script because everything is written. We could try to implement a pre made lua script with settings and all made just allowing them to change some settings and characters where they spawn and all.  I would abandon modding if I saw this
PedCreateXYZ(Edgar, 727.1403, 567.7603, 654.7078). It gets people nervous and afraid to ask for help when they see something like this but if it is already put down and made they will just ask what to fix? Then sooner or later they will be able to create their own mods and have an easier setup and oneness with lua modding just my suggestion and opinion. I think it would work and bring tons of modders in.
That's why it would be better to learn the basics FIRST. Just like Neil says, "You gotta walk before you can run, boyo."

Tables aren't too complicated to work with, unless it's new to you. Tables always used to seem like a load of crap when I first started, now they can actually save time, and also can be very useful. And it's much easier for making a menu.
Setting up a Lua file isn't very complicated, just put something like this:
Code: [Select]
MissionSetup = function()
  AreaTransitionXYZ(0,270,-110,7)
  PlayerSetHealth(1000)
end

MissionCleanup = function()
end

main = function()
  repeat
  Wait(0)
  until not Alive
end

That's a very basic code, and is now ready for tweaks.

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »
Neil?

Is that Boss name? :P

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2014, 12:58:41 AM »
I doubt if Boss is a Shop Teacher. 

Although that would be sorta Awesome if he was.

;D

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »
Ah... right.   LOOL.

I jsut thought he called him Neil.  Did not read the next words.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
Tables are simple, they are just multiple values in a single variable so you dont have to make 100 seperate variables and have it be a pain in the ass. Also because of the way you access an element in a table it helps a lot because there can be a variable to keep track of where in the table you are to for example make a menu. Tables can go far past menus too though, I use them in mission scripts to track all spawned enemies. Also speaking of missions... I got a lot coming up :D

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Tables are simple, they are just multiple values in a single variable so you dont have to make 100 seperate variables and have it be a pain in the ass. Also because of the way you access an element in a table it helps a lot because there can be a variable to keep track of where in the table you are to for example make a menu. Tables can go far past menus too though, I use them in mission scripts to track all spawned enemies. Also speaking of missions... I got a lot coming up :D
Exactly. I made the mistake of using a bunch of variables in the animations mod.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »
I am happy to announce that I am now back to modding and no longer in retirement. Things are starting to in my favor now so I am sticking around and back to work on the PSMM which is currently being assembled in a "final state of code' and will likely be in testing stages in a week or two tops.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 05:56:37 PM »
I'm glad that you're back, Mad.
Hopefully now we can get the board running

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
HOORAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2014, 08:48:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCd4ZOTVg4#t=189

Maybe now we can get the Biblio-Techa team together and make something big.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:17 AM »
Whats bigger then custom missions/stories?
Perhaps we could use The creativity of me and SWEGTA, the coding skills of DaBOSS, And Mad, along with me and SWEGTA, Walters skins, Lemons action nodes and animation knowledge and combine it into a custom story.