News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Please read all!  (Read 5963 times)

Offline DGAF555

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Please read all!
« on: September 15, 2006, 10:02:37 AM »
Hey people. As you may have found the new messageboard is up and running and has all the posts and info on it everything up to the past couple of days.
I will soon lock the old messageboard and redirect people here which most of you may have already found if you typed in Bully-Board.com but for people with bullworthacadem.iforumer.com in their favourites will have to change it soon as you will not be able to access it.

For people that made important topics in the last 3 days could you please replst them, i know some of you posted some new screenshots and such. I will get round to it if you dont but it will just save me looking through whats new and whats not on the old board.

Also, i know there is a couple of faults with this board such as the smilie system not working and i'm sure you will find other little errors and dead links, please please could you post me all things you find wrong and i will get all the little problems ironed out over the coming week.

I know the design of this forum is not up to much but i will be looking into that over the next week, falconsvick has offered to lend a hand and also justin from bullyforums with the programming. i'm very greatful, also if anybody else has experience with Vbulletin prog or design and you dont mind pitching in then get in touch.

One last thing before you can leave, i have many options on this messageboard, if you can think of any features you would like to see then don't hesitate to shout me or post here. i know Nazz has mentioned the rep system which i now have the option to do so i will implement it soon as.

Thanks for your support over the last week, competitions coming soon, 32 days till release? wooooo!

Offline Znib

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 02:59:09 PM »
It feels a bit wierd getting used to it..............

Offline Justin

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »
Nice move upgrading to vBulletin. This place will look even better once you get a theme online.

Offline BloodArtist

• The artist formally known as AgentSmith
    • View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 04:40:59 PM »
yeah, itl be cool, ive found that i cant upload sigs and avatars.

Offline Justin

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »
Probably a setting he hasn't activated in the ACP, most likely.

@Dgaf - Have you considered acquiring a gallery modification? With the abundance of screenshots posted here, it would look a bit nicer to have all of the images within a gallery then posted within one of the forums. That way, users could browse through more images faster.

@AgentSmith - I don't know if you posted at the old Bully-Boards, but if you didn't, welcome to BB. :)

Offline MGS Dude

• View Profile
    • JohnnyCage2000.com
Please read all!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »
I hope that we can get a theme goin soon.

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
Please read all!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 05:54:18 PM »
Yeah it looks good,a bit confusing at first but thats understanding,it'll be even better with the Rep System and the Theme,nice work DGAF

Offline Justin

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 06:46:28 PM »
Yea, he did a really nice job getting it done this fast. phpBB to vBulletin conversions aren't always the prettiest thing.

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
Quote from: Justin;8491
Yea, he did a really nice job getting it done this fast. phpBB to vBulletin conversions aren't always the prettiest thing.

yea...he did a good job, but like said before, it is really hard getting used to.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 08:07:49 PM »
Lol, lucky me then, ive been using the Vbulletins, for over a year on another board, ahah so im most probably the person most use to it, Good work DGAF we really just need a theme

Offline DGAF555

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 04:44:58 AM »
Hi, yea a Bully theme is the next major project, this is where i'm hoping falconsvick and justin may have some ideas, i'm not a graphics/photoshop person so this is where my efforts run dry :rolleyes:

@Justin, yea the conversion went much better than expected especially since this was my first time with a messageboard and my knowledge of php and databases are limited, done a lot of learning over the last few days. Had a few moments where my comp got stamped on a couple of times tho.
Yea an image gallery is definately something what i want to do but not a priority at the mo, definately over the next week tho.

I see nobody can get avatars. i'll try and sort that now.

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Please read all!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 05:27:19 AM »
Avatars should be working now. if you upload from your computer to the database

Signatures are also working.

I'll try to get the smilies sorted now:)  :twisted: :neutral:  :( . anybody found any other errors or problems?

You all may need to update your User information i'm not sure if it all transfered over. Like your date of birth and stuff. The important stuff imported but just your personal shit if you had any.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 05:41:43 AM by DGAF »

Offline Justin

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »
Well for me at least, it seemed all my profile settings minus my birthday settings were transferred over.

The only error I noticed was that the portal always says your not logged in, when you are actualy logged in. You most likely just need to edit the cookie domain, and instead of having cookies stored for just /forums, have it stored over the whole domain.

Besides that, all is well.

Offline BuckatBullworth

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 02:05:55 AM »
earlier today i tried to log on
and it wouldn't let me
but it seems to be working now

Offline Sandnick

• View Profile
Please read all!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:23:15 PM »