News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Will Bully be banned in Aus?  (Read 7145 times)

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
Will Bully be banned in Aus?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »
ohh im hoping it doesnt ge banned, does any one have an idea when it's going to get rated??

Offline jigsaw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 01:08:24 PM »
hate to tell you but it could get banned.aus has already banned reservoir dogs and thats not even out.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2006, 01:37:41 AM »
what's resevior dogs??

Offline The_Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 09:55:35 AM »
Its a game after the Quentin Tarantino movie.

BUt seriously, you cut a guys ear off in the game and talk into it, I saw it on gamespot.com. If your comparing the two........big mistake. Surprised they haven't jumped on that game to get it sunk.

Offline jigsaw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »
I'm just saying if they have the nerve to ban a game before they have seen it then they will go for games everyone's fussing about.Didn't you here about the crazy rumors about bully .Like rival gangs fighting in the schoolyard.

Offline Howard

• View Profile
Re: Will Bully be banned in Aus?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »
Quote from: 2gud4u
Does any-one know if bully is going to be banned in australia, or can some one give me the site to the rating site? so i can check?? please i need to know

I really think it will be!!!

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 05:19:25 AM »
Still got my fingers crossed. Any way, people have been saying it's been rated M ?, is this true, cause if it is im screwed aye? and since they've rated it does'nt that mean we should know if its banned in Australia or not?

Offline jigsaw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 11:46:46 PM »
Well not exactly but hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »
YEDS!!!! ITS COMING OUT OH YESS!! IT'S BEEN RATED IN AUS AND IS NOT BANED oh yee so if were getting it lol then use are definately getting too wooo!!!!!!

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 05:13:45 AM »
Yep - it's been rated M for Mature. Which basically means anyone can play it - but its recommended for 15+ audiences only. But not restricted.

And its not that Australia has a harsh stance on games or anything - its because Australia doesnt have an R rating for games. Therefore - any game that is classed as R is rejected.. thats why Reservoir Dogs was banned - it was found to be too violent for a MA rating.

I do hope Australia get's an R system in though - it will allow for games like Reservoir Dogs and Manhunt and other titles to be allowed entry (that is of cause - if no one objects and applies the pressure to have it banned).

Offline 2gud4u

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 05:22:22 AM »
You from Australia mate, and this guy said that, the OFLC , have been known in the past to change thrre descisions? but i doubt it.

Offline djrussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.osirisgames.com
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
Yep I'm from Aus.. and yeah I'm not sure about the OFLC changing decisions in the past - but it'd definately be a possibility if we did have an R rating.. cause it'd allow those games that were rejected in the past to have at least another shot at being released.