News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Against Bully?  (Read 17730 times)

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
Against Bully?
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:23:52 AM »
I created this forum as a place for people to discuss their feelings on the morality and motives of Bully.
The game is controversial, there's no doubt about that due to the title and the setting, but as of yet there is little information about the motives of Jimmy Hopkins (main charector).
Rockstar games such as Manhunt, Grand Theft Auto and Warriors are heavily focused on violence, which, especially in Manhunt, can seem vulger and unnecessary for people under a certain age to be associated with, but thats just it, these type of games are not aimed at young people.
People unfamiliar with todays video games do not understand that certain games, like certain movies, are created by and for adults.

We are told by Rockstar that the violence in Bully is going to mischievous and comic based. Jimmy wont be going round beating the nearest nerd to a pulp and using stealth mode to emerge from the shadows ready to suffocate the life from some cheerleader with a plastic bag.
It is based on a school, Rockstar Vancouver are trying to emulate school life, and i'm pretty sure its all going to be in good taste, well i'm sure there will be no hidden 'Hot Chocolate' scenes anyway.

I didn't see no uproar for Skool Daze on the old Amiga, people are so petty these days.  :roll:

Offline BuckatBullworth

• View Profile
Against Bully?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:52:30 PM »
Anyone who is registered here
cause they against the game should
be kicked off or somethin'

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
Against Bully?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:28:53 PM »
Yeah,i agree!

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
Against Bully?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
I am 100% against the game! that is exactly why i signed up. so i could post my feelings inside! (only kidding........ GO BULLY!)

Offline maniac*4321

• View Profile
Re: Against Bully?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
well i'm sure there will be no hidden 'Hot Chocolate' scenes anyway.

:) HOT COFFEE, not HOT CHOCOLATE lol

Offline Danorama

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ryg_bamboo/main.html
Against Bully?
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 05:00:15 PM »
I agree, this game will be awesome, I am excited by all the features announced so far and can't wait for the game to come out (or even for magazines to start doing in-depth previews).

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
Thought I would resurrect this here....And pose a question.....

Do you think that the controversial aspects of the game will prevent a release of Bully 2 ?

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:43 AM »
I've been concerned about that. I've been considering that if there is a Bully 2 on its way to the shelves, it will most likely recieve some trouble from the JT crew. The first one got some hell I'm sure the second one would recieve the same fate. It also goes the same the other way around. If the first one made it to the shelves then so can the second one.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
The Grand Theft Auto series is more controversial and look at all the sequels it has.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 05:06:04 PM »
Bully didn't even have that much controversy, only really at first. They thought it would turn into a Columbine type of thing. And it's not like that at all, only if people would play the game for themselves to see. The only other big thing is being able to kiss boys in the game. There's game way worse out there, the only thing that's going to really stop a game from coming out is being rated adult. That's the biggest reason why Manhunt 2 was censored, block it or don't release it. Developers don't want to release adult games.

Offline Dave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
Teenage boys kissing isn't adult content worthy. Lol.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
Actually, that could have been left out.  I mean, how many Gay Boys are gonna be buying Bully anyway ?

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
One of the big concerns was that by playing the game kids would turn into bullies themselves. It was total bullshit and got tossed. People keep pulling the same excuses on games and tend to lose due to their stupidity, but every once in a while a good game is lost.

Offline Crazy Snake

• Son of Solid Snake
  • Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Ninja Reverse Ninja Reverse
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
I say who cares, tell your kid to buck up and beat the shit out of a bully. To many kids are scared nowadays and get picked on for no reason.

Offline King Cobra

• I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
Too many kids believe that running to adults will help, when it doesn't do shit. All it does is make you look like a pussy. People need to start encouraging the beating of bullies. School staff are useless. The just talk, they don't walk.