News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!  (Read 4756 times)

Offline trixie

• View Profile
Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!
« on: December 23, 2006, 08:49:57 PM »
Hey everyone.    I posted a bit about myself in my first post to in the questions forum, but thought I'd say hello here too - some of this information will be repeated from there.

I'm Trixie and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.   I'm not the usual gamer demographic - I'm over 35 and female.   A little bit about my gaming history.   We were one of the first people in our neighborhood to have pong.  Yes, I was in the 3rd grade or something like that when it came out.   I’ve never really been into video games – mostly because I can’t take the violence and I don’t like being scared.   I played Castle Wolfenstein on a friend’s PC for awhile  - but I always stuck to the “Daddy don’t hurt me” level.  Back in 1993 I had a really old (first generation?) Sega Genesis for awhile that a friend gave me.  I played Aladdin & a Mickey Mouse game but never beat the big bosses at the end of the games.

Thus ended my gaming career (aside from Solitaire and a pinball game)… until now.   I played Dance Dance Revolution with the pad a few months ago at a friend’s house and I loved it.  What a great way to get a workout.  I had NO idea that they had pads you could jump around on! I wish I’d known about that sooner.    

So, this week, I broke down and bought a used PS2 system from craigslist that came with DDR and 2 pads and some other games.   I was just going to use it for DDR, but, while looking up the other games I received, I came across the reviews for Bully and it sounded just like something I would like: Not ultra violent, too complicated or scary. (Those are my requirements).   I ran right over to Best Buy and bought it.  I was right, I LOVE Bull.   Being a brand new gamer and not at all used to the controls, I’m really slow at it  - It’s taking me days and days to get through the first chapter (can you say 84 attempts at Chem 4 boys and girls? I knew you could) but it’s a lot of fun anyway.    Hey, we all have to start somewhere, right?

So here’s the story I’m repeating from the other thread….
The last controller I ever played with was a super old Sega Genesis and it had far, far fewer buttons. I'm actually impressed with the complexity that is possible with this thing.

Have a free laugh on me:

I confess that I had *no* idea the controller was going to vibrate and it scared the hell out of me the first time. I actually screamed a little and threw it down! I was almost afraid to touch it again. I had bought the system used so I thought maybe something was wrong with it and I was going to get an electrical shock. Now that's just f-ing funny and I can laugh at myself. My saving grace is that I didn't have to endure the humiliation of friends or family seeing such a display.

So, now when I ask really lame, super basic questions, you’ll know why – I’m not a total idiot, just a newbie.  Okay, maybe I AM an idiot, but I like to pretend its just newness.   Heh.

Offline Sheldon

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »
Alas, another girl-woman! Welcome to the boards and welcome to the gaming world in general =D

Offline DGAF

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.Bully-Board.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 06:12:34 AM »
hi there trixie,

welcome to bully-board.com :-)

Offline Gaunty

• 'The White Mr T'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »
Welcome to Bully-Board.

^_^

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 07:18:19 AM »
Welcome

Offline Bully Freak 24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 07:40:19 AM »
:D Have a nice time at Bully-board

Offline Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »
Hey!!!!!!! Welcome to bully-board :D

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »
Hey, welcome to Bully-Board! :D

Offline trixie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.   I really do appreciate all the help I'm getting around here and the fact that everyone is so nice when I ask lame questions.
:cool:

Offline Nazz

• View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/_nazz_
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »
We're nice to everyone around here..well except Jimmy Hopkins. But thats a long story ;)

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 07:48:15 PM »
you share!

lol welcome to bb

Offline The_Werewolf

• The Shinobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 11:43:32 PM »
Quote from: Bully_Nut;25916
you share!

lol welcome to bb

i fucking love that episode...

Asian Trix...
Silly rabbit twix are for kids!. YOU SHARE. WAH! WAPOW!! SNAP!!! CRACK!! POP!!! WOOM PAH!!

trix rabbit got ninja skills...

AHEM... im sorry anyway welcome to bully-board.

Offline Bully_Nut

• iMarcus
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Trust Comes Tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 02:13:52 AM »
lol yea.. i watch too much fg

Offline McHaggis

• The Poster Freak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 10:18:25 AM »
They joked about that in Robot Chicken too, it's a really cool sitcom writen by Seth Green (Rat Race, Family Guy etc.).

Offline The_Werewolf

• The Shinobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 10:22:28 AM »
Quote from: Bully_Nut;25946
lol yea.. i watch too much fg

you can never watch too much family guy!!

oh and robot chicken KICKS ASS!!!!

i love the one where they had the Final Fantasy Seven Characters in a Burger Joint!!:p :lol: