News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: LUA/.dat file that contains data on random fights  (Read 1721 times)

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
LUA/.dat file that contains data on random fights
« on: August 03, 2022, 06:53:18 AM »
I was wondering what file in Scripts.img or Trigger.img has data on random fights that can be found throughout the game like the ones in front of the school or the motel near New Conventry (I know that there's one that has 3 peds from different student factions fight 1 dropout and that the front of the girls dorm has a fight spawn but for female students instead of male students for example). I noticed some peds can spawn with weapons they don't have in pedstats.dat during these fights too like Algie can spawn with a firecracker/squdgun, etc. I was mainly curious about if there was a list of locations and which factions/peds can spawn during these fights and what weapons they can be set to having during them.

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: LUA/.dat file that contains data on random fights
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 09:07:42 AM »
You must be referring to POIs.
They're all throughout various .DAT files.

Only way to find the ones you want is with coordinates.

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 06:56:52 AM »
Ah, I see now. I'll check the files in config first. Thanks man!

Offline SimonBestia

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 11:25:27 AM »
Wait, no!
Those are unrelated.

You have to look through the ones inside DAT>Trigger.img.

Offline mhdt

• 中国!中国!中国!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 06:12:26 PM »
some random fights function be triggered by .idb in Ide.img

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:18:48 PM »
1. Where is the game stored its event locations in?
    Trigger.img > events(AreaName).dat
2. How the game setup weapon for NPCs when they spawn?
    Config/dat/pedstats.dat
3. How the game manage events like random fights out there?
    Scripts.img > Events.lur

You must be referring to POIs.

Anyway.. I curious about what POI actually stands for?
Years of modding, but still I don't get what POI means lol.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:24:16 PM by Altamurenza »

Offline SimonBestia

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 06:24:35 AM »
POI stands for Point Of Interest.

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 07:59:55 AM »
Oh sorry I see now. I'll go look in Trigger.img and ide.img. I know pedstats determines what weapon a ped spawns with its just that I've seen nerds spawn with squd guns and fire crackers in fight events when pedstats only spawns Bucky and Donald with those weapons normally (the only other times a ped seems to spawn with a unique weapon not determined by pedstats is missions which is set by the lua file for the mission and in certain locations when they use it for a prank.

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 01:20:36 PM »

Oh, I see. Thanks.

I know pedstats determines what weapon a ped spawns with its just that I've seen nerds spawn with squd guns and fire crackers in fight events when pedstats only spawns Bucky and Donald with those weapons normally (the only other times a ped seems to spawn with a unique weapon not determined by pedstats is missions which is set by the lua file for the mission and in certain locations when they use it for a prank.

True, certain mission like Stronghold Assault is also contribute to NPC's change of behavior for weapons. But.. most missions in Bully only change NPC's behavior for that moment like the Wrong Part of Town where the Greasers are showering you with Fire Crackers.

For some random event in free roam, their weapons are controlled by Events.lur in order to achieve their specific purpose. It's like the one you mentioned above (prank), NPCs don't actually spawn with a dead rat in their hands, but the game give it away for the prank events.

Offline JustSomeGuy24

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 05:44:13 PM »

Oh, I see. Thanks.

I know pedstats determines what weapon a ped spawns with its just that I've seen nerds spawn with squd guns and fire crackers in fight events when pedstats only spawns Bucky and Donald with those weapons normally (the only other times a ped seems to spawn with a unique weapon not determined by pedstats is missions which is set by the lua file for the mission and in certain locations when they use it for a prank.

True, certain mission like Stronghold Assault is also contribute to NPC's change of behavior for weapons. But.. most missions in Bully only change NPC's behavior for that moment like the Wrong Part of Town where the Greasers are showering you with Fire Crackers.

For some random event in free roam, their weapons are controlled by Events.lur in order to achieve their specific purpose. It's like the one you mentioned above (prank), NPCs don't actually spawn with a dead rat in their hands, but the game give it away for the prank events.

Oh damn, thanks! I had a feeling it would be a lua file that determined what weapons some peds had in the fights. There's also seems to be info on Russell's spawn behavior here which is another thing I've been looking for.