News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Game Limitation: Quantity of Items in Wardrobe/Closet  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
Game Limitation: Quantity of Items in Wardrobe/Closet
« on: March 25, 2022, 06:18:26 AM »
I was told by an old friend a few years ago that our wardrobe/closet have a number limitation in Bully SE, like how much you can store your clothes to your wardrobe/closet. I was unaware before until i decided to test it myself days ago. I tried to store 364 piece of clothes one by one via ClothingGivePlayer(MODEL, BODY_PART_ID) and it stopped at 347 items, the game did not store any further.

So.. it seems like the wardrobe/closet have maximum capacity at 347 items and it doesn't seem like we can adjust it via Lua scripts (like some functions or variables related to this). This has not come to a conclusion yet, still merely assumptions or hypothesis from my experiment.

Credit: ProgrammerGaming/Neo (old friend who told me about this limitation)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 09:33:25 AM by Altamurenza »

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Game Limitation: Quantity of Items in Wardrobe/Closet
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 02:40:26 PM »
I'm not sure if it's worth figuring out a solution for now, as editing Cloths.dat to add new stuff will make the game severely unstable after just a few more new entries are added.
(At least on PS2, but usually, limitations are shared, like when editing Col.cfg to load multiple collisions at once in the same area. It will make the game unstable on both PC and PS2)

That should be fixed first before we think of expanding the wardrobe, I guess.
Still, nice to know that another limit exists.

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 07:41:25 PM »
I'm not sure if it's worth figuring out a solution for now, as editing Cloths.dat to add new stuff will make the game severely unstable after just a few more new entries are added.

Ahh.. that reminds me on one of my old experiment too.

I remembered the time you shared your knowledge on how to add some custom clothes in Bully. A year ago, i thought about 'Clothing Variants' idea like when you press Crouch button you'll have different color variants or different model variants of your current clothes. It was based on new meshes & textures, not the programming one because i was incapable to do that lol. So.. i literally add 1.095 new meshes & textures (2.190 in total) to World.img, register all of them to Cloths.dat, and make a Lua script to track our choices in wardrobe.

The game crashed on startup  :blank:

Then i learned that we can't put more than 100 new meshes & textures to World.img, so i reduced the number of clothing variants to 25 (1 meshes + 1 textures, so 50 new meshes & textures in total) and it worked pretty nice. I'm not sure what indicator you use to describe 'unstable', but for me, it was crash to desktop (CTD) on startup. I know, i know.. that was 'unplayable' rather than 'unstable'. In my opinion, as long as it doesn't CTD, then it's stable :laugh:.

Also, i think we should figure it out, at least in SE. Some modders like Actedstream 41 & Alex RK800 made many great clothing & outfit replacements, i hope we'll be able to add something with less sacrifice in the future. For example, this Brown Jacket with School Vest would be more suitable as clothing variants of School Vest rather than a replacement of something or a new added torso.

Anyway, you did inspire me a lot by sharing 'adding custom clothes' knowledge on Bully via YouTube. It's one of the greatest potential breakthrough in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:51:16 PM by Altamurenza »

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 03:43:43 AM »
I'm not sure what indicator you use to describe 'unstable', but for me, it was crash to desktop (CTD) on startup. I know, i know.. that was 'unplayable' rather than 'unstable'. In my opinion, as long as it doesn't CTD, then it's stable :laugh:.

The game will start acting weird, like softlocking randomly, A-posing peds, areas loading slower...
I experienced the A-posing peds on PC when loading many collisions at once, and the rest primarily on PS2, but I don't mod PC often so I'd have to try again and check the results.

Anyway, you did inspire me a lot by sharing 'adding custom clothes' knowledge on Bully via YouTube. It's one of the greatest potential breakthrough in my opinion. Glad I could help, though!

Haha, you're welcome!
It's funny because if I remember right, I mentioned that I figured it out quickly. It is a pretty a basic process.

Offline Altamurenza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 02:43:07 PM »
The game will start acting weird, like softlocking randomly, A-posing peds, areas loading slower...
I experienced the A-posing peds on PC when loading many collisions at once, and the rest primarily on PS2, but I don't mod PC often so I'd have to try again and check the results.

I see, what can we expect from 2005-2008's game engine.
I was wondering if fastman92's limit adjuster would help on PC.
Haha, you're welcome!
It's funny because if I remember right, I mentioned that I figured it out quickly. It is a pretty a basic process.

Maybe, but still.. if you didn't tell people about that, then most people wouldn't realize that including me :biggrin:.