News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: "Perfect" Stat playthrough  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Weyoun

• View Profile
"Perfect" Stat playthrough
« on: February 28, 2022, 06:58:04 AM »
Hey guys, I'm new here and new to the game of Bully. I actually owned it for a long time, but finally got around to playing it due to my work schedule changing. Anyways, I'm on Chapter 4 now and enjoying it for the most part.

So regarding the thread title, I have a tendency to play games with the intent on having perfect stats, or at least as perfect as I can make them. It's a completely pointless thing, I know...but it's just something I've always done, which can sometimes make things less enjoyable. However, it's still something I obligate.of myself.

Anyways, Bully has a lot of interesting stats, and my goal was to keep things to a minimum in terms of attempts at that stat, such as kicking a soccer ball or getting hit by a car..which would be zero, while something such as sodas drank or getting kicked in the nuts would be at one, since they're both used in missions "Welcome to Bullworth" and "Character Sheets" respectively. I also am attempting to keep school days to a minimum so that Jimmy doesn't have to repeat classes, and that I don't skip any classes. So essentially, unless I'm obligated by the story, I try to avoid any additional stuff, while shooting for 100%.

Probably the most frustrating stats are accuracy; projectiles, fighting and dodgeball can be pretty annoying. At least with fighting, I can usually score multiple hits from a single punch or kick, however I cannot miss a grapple. With dodgeball, I usually have to knock six people out in a row without getting hit or missing a shot. With projectiles, I try to avoid using these altogether unless I have a workaround.

Projectiles are super annoying since they don't count if they hit an inanimate object. So your slingshot will miss shots, as an example. This became hard to do in Chapter 3, so I ended up sneaking into Blue Skies to get the rest of the rubber bands, so I can have the rubber band ball to assist.

Anyways, these are the workarounds I discovered, if you know of any others, please let me know;

During "Slingshot" you can just get on the bus and jump to break the windows, Gary doesn't care.

During "Halloween" in order to break the two pumpkins that are on the fence, just grab a baseball bat and whack them.

During "Help Gary" you will be told to use your slingshot to move the broom to hit the switch. There's actually a brick nearby, use that instead. For the furnace, move Gary in front of it, then use the fire extinguisher on him, so that it will hit both him and the furnace.

During "Tad's House" you have to throw eggs in windows, and this is where I don't know any major workarounds. I am able to angle the egg to hit multiple windows. I was able to accomplish this with just two eggs, one in the front window and one in the back. Still, these two eggs don't count as "hits". The same thing applies with the errands where you egg a building, so as of right now, I have 11 projectile misses due to eggs, and 2 more due to throwing the toilet paper over the stall.

After Chapter 2, if your punches aren't accurate, you can go to the gym and punch Bryce since he doesn't fight back. You can also register punches to the bag while hitting Bryce, so you can easily gain several hundred hits in no time.

Apparently the carnival games count as projectiles, but the dunking and baseball game are pretty easy, so it didn't cause much issue. The shooting range on the other hand took forever to get a perfect score.

During "Wrong Part of Town", I just turn my character around and don't do anything. For some reason, this helps avoid the Greasers throwing stuff at me. I still take some damage, but I'm usually in the high yellow when I'm done.

During "Stronghold Assault" aka the hardest part of the game yet, I have depended on the rubber band ball to knock down the appliances when fighting Earnest. During this mission, there is also an unavoidable projectile miss when using the potato machine gun, I don't know why.

And that's where I'm at as of right now. Yes, I know it is kind of silly to put so much effort into something so pointless, but it's just how it goes for me.

I'm currently trying to figure out "Defender of the Castle" since that lousy potato machine gun misses so much. I tried blocking the entryway with the go kart, but it doesn't seem to work. I've gotten good at firing it, but I'm still missing between 4 and 6 shots every mission attempt.

Anyways, it's good to be here. I probably mentioned a bunch of stuff that you guys already know, but figured I'd share anyways. Let me know if there are any other masochists who play the game like this.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: "Perfect" Stat playthrough
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 10:35:19 AM »
In defender of the castle I don't think you have to just stand on the gun and shoot down jocks with it. If you go there once and go back down maybe, just maybe you can whack them jocks real good without troubles. I also know Thad (a nerd) will go and help you. Careful though, jocks with football uniform will not fight back, they will just go straight to the gate and if they get there, it's mission failed. The super slingshot will be your best friend in this mission.

The boxing games increase your damage significantly. What's more, they count to 100%. Useful If that's the way you want to do things.

I won't give spoiler but the last mission is nearly impossible to finish without getting hit. Prepare yourself for that pain  ;)

It's good to see new people playing this game. It's really worth it. I hope you enjoy and..... good luck for that thing  :)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 05:05:18 PM »
During "Slingshot" you can just get on the bus and jump to break the windows, Gary doesn't care.

During "Halloween" in order to break the two pumpkins that are on the fence, just grab a baseball bat and whack them.

I am able to angle the egg to hit multiple windows.
Honestly I didn't know this.
This is all an interesting read tbh. I know about the wacky stat tracking stuff but never gave it much thought. Reading that someone else is taking it so seriously is great in ways I can't really describe.
Afraid I don't have any tips for you though ^^; Nice to see a new member enjoying the game after all this time, even while playing in an unorthodox manner lol

Offline Weyoun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 11:06:10 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys...I really appreciate it!

In defender of the castle I don't think you have to just stand on the gun and shoot down jocks with it. The super slingshot will be your best friend in this mission.

The boxing games increase your damage significantly.

I won't give spoiler but the last mission is nearly impossible to finish without getting hit. Prepare yourself for that pain  ;)

Unfortunately, I attempted the super slingshot, but Jimmy has a tendency to focus on hitting Casey and Bo, instead of the football players that run the gate. Physical attacks are too hard to maintain while everyone is charging, and the camera angle doesn't help. One thing I found that works best is to not even bother with the barrier. As soon as you go through the entry way that causes the nerds to charge, I turn around and run back to the potato machine gun. I also park the go kart at an angle near the pillars to help maintain a single file when the jocks run toward me. Now..the only thing I don't know is...does the number of football players who run to the gate correlate to the amount of football players who get knocked out during the barrier part? What I mean is...if there are 12 football players who charge, and say I knock out 3 during the barrier part, does that mean I'll only get 9 during the gate part? I plan to try this when I get a chance.

For the boxing, I did that and a TON of other stuff during Christmas when the clock is "stopped". Unfortunately, any time you load the game, the clock does run about 5 minutes in game, so you can do the boxing, bike races, errands, carnival games, yearbook pictures, rubber bands, G&G cards and such during this time, however both the boxing matches and the hobo fights cause the clock to continue to roll, so I had to race to save my game, then load it again to stop the clock.

As far as the final mission goes, I don't mind if I take any damage, as that isn't a stat that is tracked, just as long as they don't give me an automatic soda.  :D

Nice to see a new member enjoying the game after all this time, even while playing in an unorthodox manner lol

Thanks, it's actually quite a fun challenge, especially when it comes to trying to make the most of each day. You have to start creating strategies to move from one place to another and a lot of time trying to get a mission done while a class is going on, THEN racing back to class to try and get in there before 11:30 or 3:30. It works much better if you unlock the go kart in Chapter 2.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
Unfortunately, I attempted the super slingshot, but Jimmy has a tendency to focus on hitting Casey and Bo, instead of the football players that run the gate. Physical attacks are too hard to maintain while everyone is charging, and the camera angle doesn't help. One thing I found that works best is to not even bother with the barrier. As soon as you go through the entry way that causes the nerds to charge, I turn around and run back to the potato machine gun. I also park the go kart at an angle near the pillars to help maintain a single file when the jocks run toward me. Now..the only thing I don't know is...does the number of football players who run to the gate correlate to the amount of football players who get knocked out during the barrier part? What I mean is...if there are 12 football players who charge, and say I knock out 3 during the barrier part, does that mean I'll only get 9 during the gate part? I plan to try this when I get a chance.

I'm not sure... I would need to check on the scripts. But I think it's not related since they come in large numbers and most of them spawn after you grab the spud cannon.

As far as the final mission goes, I don't mind if I take any damage, as that isn't a stat that is tracked, just as long as they don't give me an automatic soda.  :D

By the way: To get 100% you have to drink at least 500 sodas, 100 of them bought.

Good luck :)

Offline Weyoun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 11:17:07 PM »
Heh. Yeah, I knew about the soda thing. I was probably going to do that after the fight with Gary anyways, just to see if I could accomplish the game with just one soda. So far, it's been rather easy as long as it's not automatically gained after beating an enemy.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 07:55:02 AM »
They do drop sodas sometimes. Just stay away from them after you beat them and you should be fine.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 03:14:34 PM »
I almost had 100 percent of completion of Canis Canem Edit.

Offline BullyRules

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 11:46:33 AM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys...I really appreciate it!

In defender of the castle I don't think you have to just stand on the gun and shoot down jocks with it. The super slingshot will be your best friend in this mission.

The boxing games increase your damage significantly.

For the boxing, I did that and a TON of other stuff during Christmas when the clock is "stopped". Unfortunately, any time you load the game, the clock does run about 5 minutes in game, so you can do the boxing, bike races, errands, carnival games, yearbook pictures, rubber bands, G&G cards and such during this time, however both the boxing matches and the hobo fights cause the clock to continue to roll, so I had to race to save my game, then load it again to stop the clock.

Nice to see a new member enjoying the game after all this time, even while playing in an unorthodox manner lol

Thanks, it's actually quite a fun challenge, especially when it comes to trying to make the most of each day. You have to start creating strategies to move from one place to another and a lot of time trying to get a mission done while a class is going on, THEN racing back to class to try and get in there before 11:30 or 3:30. It works much better if you unlock the go kart in Chapter 2.

Not silly at all.  There's videos on youtube of people playing GTA with all kinds of major challenges, like "most enemy kills" or "pacifist playthrough" where they pass missions by not directly killing enemies but having them blow themselves up.

I did a challenge a while back in an earlier playthrough of this game where I wanted to knock out 2 prefects.  1 hand to hand and 1 with weapons, then took pics of them knocked out to save in my photo album.

And a similar challenge I did in later playthroughs was to have 100% accuracy with errands while passing all 50 of them, usually achieved by saving after passing every few of them.

I also try to do every detention, but the snow shoveling in Chapter 3 sometimes doesn't unlock until after the Tagging mission.

Oh and on a similar note, when I played GTA: San Andreas, I wanted to get all Gold in all the vehicle schools (flying, driving, bike, boat).  The only hard parts on that was parking the car at a perfect 90 degree angle on one of the driving tests, trying to land in just the right spot for that ramp jump with the hovercraft in the boat school and landing perfectly in the middle in the jump and stoppie test for bike school. 

So, I know exactly how you feel.  And there's definitely other gamers that do the same thing, as evidenced by all the players in later and modern games that go for achievements/trophies.  I also even maxed out all of CJ's stats in cycling, flying, driving and biking last time I played.  Only thing that sucks is the game doesn't even tell you on some of the stats when they're maxed.  You only know after a couple of minutes when they stop increasing.  Best way is to pass the tests in the schools for a big boost and then fly/bike/drive back and forth at the airport when it's unlocked.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 05:37:46 PM by BullyRules »