News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Would you please decompile this file!!  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Poters

• View Profile
Would you please decompile this file!!
« on: May 31, 2021, 10:51:25 AM »
Can someone decompile the Bully Anniversary Edition Scripts file ??
because some Bully SE and Bully AE codes are different.
such as MGSumo.lur / MGSumo_data.lur files,
and TextPrintString which didn't work in the Bully Anniversary Edition.

please download the Scripts file here :
https://www.mediafire.com/download/kd7u1p3ghmcaskz

please decompile this file🙏

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: Would you please decompile this file!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 06:07:21 PM »
Decompiling these files is not easy. There is no known tool able to do this reliably.

I have been trying the same thing myself but its a long shot still..... and there is no way I will be able to do this 100% correct!

Just so you have an idea: MGSumo.lur is the script for the consumo minigame, and it took me almost an entire week working on it close to 8hrs a day to get it close to finished. And still, the game crashes when launching it. Keep in mind this is NOT the longest script in the game.

When I'm done I will release this work to the public............. Maybe in 2022  :laugh:

Right now, this is the closest we have to fully decompiled:
https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=24410.0

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 08:35:16 PM »
Poters, please don't make multiple topics regarding the same question.
I moved this from the "forum questions" section to the modding section and removed the other topic that was originally here, since this is the one with an informative reply.
Please keep any modding related questions here and leave the legitimate questions regarding the forum itself to the "forum questions" area.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:47:30 PM by Hayley »

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 02:50:52 AM »
We can't decompile scripts from the PC version, let alone the newer AE version.

Offline Altamurenza

• I love cheat, unique, realistic, & expansion mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
Talking about TextPrintString, i can only assume there are some problem either with TextAddNonLocalizedString function or the .XML files that contain subtitle (.BIN in PC version). Because as far as i observed the TextPrintString mechanism, it was constructed from TextAddNonLocalizedString and TextPrint function in order to print your custom text.

This is a merely hypothetical since i don't find any specific clue, but it works the same as TextPrintString (tested on PC version):
Code: [Select]
-- PC version only!
-- FIRST! You should change 2139111258=3 to 2139111258=~a~ in GENERAL.bin

-- then add this to your script:
if IsButtonBeingPressed(3, 0) then
  TextAddNonLocalizedString("This is my text")
  TextPrint("RACING_3", 3, 1)
end

There should be ~a~ code in the .XML (AE) or .BIN (SE) to add an additional text. And if you want to add an additional number, you can simply put ~i~ code instead and use TextAddParamNum(number) function before TextPrint.

I saw that some people on XeNTaX forum were trying to decompile .XML file that contain subtitle, but there isn't available yet the compiler though to compile it back. It is necessary step to ensure where the problem actually came from, either it was the brokenness of the function or the line that refers to ~a~ did not exist in the first place. Anyway, you can find that decompiling .XML file via this link.

Alternatively i found another way to print your custom text on AE via math minigame, it can be useful to find some coordinates or even making simple mod menu with it. However, it's still pretty much limited and fragile. I wouldn't recommended it for now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 04:31:11 PM by Altamurenza »