News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Ps2 supermod need help if possible  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Syahrie

• View Profile
Ps2 supermod need help if possible
« on: November 23, 2020, 05:21:03 AM »
Is it possible that we can put mod for example supermod on ps2. I already succeed doing changing the ped style like johnny vincent and russel to their boss style.

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
Re: Ps2 supermod need help if possible
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 06:09:52 PM »
I'm no modding expert but from what I heard, it's hard to put mods on PS2 but it's easier on PC because it's easier to access to files.

Offline Syahrie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 12:02:40 AM »
well i heard someone did it on lua like two player mod and i  was wondering if supermod can be on ps2 too

Offline SimonBestia

• Bully-Board's Best Weeb
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 06:49:19 AM »
Short answer:
Super Mod was designed specifically for the PC version of Scholarship Edition. It can't be ported to the PS2 version.

Long answer:
If you want it to run on PS2, you'd have to convert a lot of things (ID-related) to be compatible with the PS2 version.
Even if you went through the trouble of doing all of that, the mod would crash.
It allows you to do many things at once, storing a lot of stuff in the system memory, which the PS2 doesn't have a lot of.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 07:20:49 AM »
Simon said much of what you would run into for issues. Some mods port some don't.

Super mod was not even completed to my knowledge and was still being worked on, so there's a chance that even more content was planned than what exists currently.

The console version doesn't even have some of the added content later ported to pc, so it's technically smaller in size.

Adding too much content will lock up the console, especially a ps2. A ps2 console has basically no memory and is just an improved ps1. Anything prior to the ps3 was mainly just a disc reading device.