News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »
Hi, I played Bully last year and fell in love. Better late than never I guess, I wish I found this place sooner.

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 08:19:02 AM »
Welcome to B-B, Micha! As you can see, it's not very active since most of people probably 'grew up' and moved on. I feel you, I wish I joined this place sooner even though I discovered it in 2009 but never bothered to make an account probably because I was too young and didn't find forums interesting back then. Anyways, if you ever need someone to talk with. I'm always here. I come on here every nowa nd then.  :D

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 04:54:11 AM »
 :cc_detective:
Welcome to B-B, Micha! As you can see, it's not very active since most of people probably 'grew up' and moved on. I feel you, I wish I joined this place sooner even though I discovered it in 2009 but never bothered to make an account probably because I was too young and didn't find forums interesting back then. Anyways, if you ever need someone to talk with. I'm always here. I come on here every nowa nd then.  :D

Thank you Aladdin, I found this site around half a year ago but didn't think about joining until recently. Most of the stuff I learned about Bully, I learned by going through old posts here. Even though most people seem to have moved on it seems like a nice place; I'll probably check in every now and then as well. Nice talking to you and I'll see you around  ;)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 05:35:39 PM »
Nice seeing people arrive  8). Place has been around for at least 15 years. Activity has dwindled down since then.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 03:55:33 AM »
Nice seeing people arrive  8). Place has been around for at least 15 years. Activity has dwindled down since then.

Yeah, I've noticed, which is only the natural order for things I guess. It's nice to see some people are still around though, shows how much of a special game Bully is.

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:14:34 PM »
Bully will always have a special place in my heart.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 03:43:44 AM »
Yeah, in mine as well, there are not many games like it in, especially these days. I normally prefer strategy games, but Bully has such a unique charm to it that I keep coming back to it. No matter how many times I replay it, it never ceases to be fun.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 06:03:55 PM »
Games these days barely have any heart and soul poured into them.
Bully has that charm that games are severely lacking in.
Anyway, howdy.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 05:21:30 AM »
This is so true, many modern games feel shallow in some way. That is one of the things that makes me a bit reluctant about a Bully sequel; because part of me wonders if Rockstar would put the same amount of love and attention into it if they ever bothered to release a sequel.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 04:44:58 PM »
It often doesn't come down to the creators and artists but actually who is financially backing them or even owns them. Time is quality and investors don't like time to only watch money burn away. This is why games always get rushed.

Question isn't so much about Rockstar but actually Take-Two, the owning and backing company of Rockstar. They make the decisions if a game will be made at all.

When Red Dead Redemption 2 mods were being made Take2 filed a lawsuit.

Take2 has become somewhat known for doing this any time major mods are being made for new games. If Bully 2 was made there's a strong chance Take2 would silence modding for it.

Unfortunately, Rockstar Games gets dragged into and blamed for these actions when it's not even their decision to make.

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Very fair point there, I take my statement back. Apologies for my ill-informed assumption. The individuals lower on the totem pole are the ones who get the blame more easily part of the blame since they're more visible. Thanks for telling me, I've no problem with being proven wrong.