News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Any hope for somebody to complete the super mod into version 5?  (Read 5670 times)

Offline DroabYllub

• View Profile
The current beta of version 4 is pretty much a complete in-game trainer at this point, but I guess much more can be added.
For example, the location spawner is slightly limited, some areas such as the chemical plant, etc are not available.
Another interesting feature that I'm wondering about is the ability to unlock doors that are usually not available in other mods, such as those at the boy's dorm, and the locked stairs at the harrington house, among other things, including hidden locations inside stores and whatnot.
Even cooler would be some sort of levitation effect that lets the player fly around, which would enable access to rooftops of some buildings that are otherwise accessible.
And I'm guessing there's a lot more stuff that one can think of,
Is there any plan for somebody to continue working on this? If not as a super trainer style of thing, then at least exploring more of what can be accessed in-game.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:15:31 PM by DroabYllub »

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Re: Any hope for somebody to complete the super mod into version 5?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 09:25:04 AM »
The current beta of version 4 is pretty much a complete in-game trainer at this point, but I guess much more can be added.
For example, the location spawner is slightly limited, some areas such as the chemical plant, etc are not available.

Locations such as this would require the script(s) that load and render the inside of the chemical plant. Without the loading and rendering process the game might crash or you may just end up in an empty void. Loading screens were used for performance in old consoles where rendering too much could lag the machine.

Another interesting feature that I'm wondering about is the ability to unlock doors that are usually not available in other mods, such as those at the boy's dorm, and the locked stairs at the harrington house, among other things, including hidden locations inside stores and whatnot.

Some locations such as the boy's dorm do not have anything that really renders or "exists" behind the locked doors. You would need to manually build rooms into the 3d space of the map and use lua coding to make it function. Not easily done.

Even cooler would be some sort of levitation effect that lets the player fly around, which would enable access to rooftops of some buildings that are otherwise accessible.
And I'm guessing there's a lot more stuff that one can think of,

DaBOSS made a flying mod. This may be what you're looking for. https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=24069.0

Is there any plan for somebody to continue working on this? If not as a super trainer style of thing, then at least exploring more of what can be accessed in-game.

This mod would require DaBOSS since nobody else really has knowledge in how it was coded. DaBOSS has not been around however.

Offline DroabYllub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 06:00:21 AM »
Locations such as this would require the script(s) that load and render the inside of the chemical plant. Without the loading and rendering process the game might crash or you may just end up in an empty void. Loading screens were used for performance in old consoles where rendering too much could lag the machine.

I see. I mainly asked this because other location spawning mods do have several accessible locations, but as you say it needs to be implemented properly.

Some locations such as the boy's dorm do not have anything that really renders or "exists" behind the locked doors. You would need to manually build rooms into the 3d space of the map and use lua coding to make it function. Not easily done.

Yeah, if the room behind it is in a non-standard fashion, it could be quite a bit of work to get it running.

DaBOSS made a flying mod. This may be what you're looking for. https://bully-board.com/index.php?topic=24069.0

I've used a no-clip mod, the unfortunate thing was it having to replace any pre-existing mod already being used, though I suppose it's not that much of a big deal.

This mod would require DaBOSS since nobody else really has knowledge in how it was coded. DaBOSS has not been around however.

I see. I'm wondering actually what would happen if Bully modding got similar interest as do GTA games, there's probably some undiscovered things waiting to be found.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 05:30:49 PM »
Much of the beta content was found. It was never removed from the game. There was even mods made to try and add in some of that content.