News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Phoenix  (Read 11398 times)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 12:23:15 AM »
I... haven't even watched the movie yet LOL. I was debating on seeing it in theaters and when I finally decided yes, they were closed due to covid. I only just discovered I could rent it (it was buy only for a while now), now I'm trying to find the willpower to stop being lazy and do that. I'm still interested in what the sequel will bring though, because I do know certain things were left unresolved in the first movie and I wonder how it'll play out and which characters will be introduced.

Surprised to hear you holding the games in high regards so quickly. I grew up playing both Mario and Sonic and enjoyed them both equally, although my Sonic obsession always dominated because the characters had actual heart and soul, real personalities rather than being mute. I'm of course talking about the 3D games when I say this.

For the record, my personal favourite games are Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure 2. My favorite character is Metal Sonic, I watched this [link] eons ago and it was just... the coolest thing ever... I mean it's weird too but yeah. Sonic Heroes in 2004 isn't a spectacular game but he got a major role in it and basically set off my interest in robots. I find him... sympathetic... I too am an insecure depressed piece of trash.

Which show is on that program? Sonic X is the truest to the games although it has problems. I haven't watched it since it was on air and while I enjoyed it back then, I'm unsure if I would now because I'm more critical of a certain character.

Sonic Boom is the most recent show set in a totally different timeline from the main games, with different takes on the characters and a more comedic approach. I like it just fine.

I can't comment on the 90s cartoons as I haven't watched them outside of Youtube Poops lmao

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »
Yes, that is the program, Sonic X. Honestly, I even liked the animation, although the dubbing here in Brazil is not one of the most incredible.

About the Sonic robot, I found it very interesting, I watched this OVA that you sent me and even I was surprised, it was really cool, he reminded me of Mecha-Naruto, which is pretty cool too. Now I'm going to take a look at this Sonic Boom.

One of my favorite game sagas is Golden Axe. The first time I came into contact with this game was at my cousins' house, because they have a video game earlier than me, so, I went there almost every weekend to play this incredible game, I think it was through this that aroused my passion for the game worlds. Until today I play games like this, all for nostalgia.

I remember playing a mobile Sonic game on my mom's phone, but I can't remember the name, but it was very similar to the old ones.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 03:09:17 PM by DarkHero »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure the only other Sega games I've played are Flicky and Ristar lol I played maybe 10 minutes of Yakuza Kiwami and even less time in Streets of Rage 4 before I refunded it for reasons but yeah that's all from the top of my head.

the dubbing here in Brazil is not one of the most incredible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR8WkK0wkjc
Remembered this and hkakdbglns
Also ugh can't believe posting youtube videos is still broken on this site :|

I've been watching Prison Break on and off, I'm probably only 5 episodes in now but I am interested in it, I'm actually curious why they want this guy executed so bad so I'll definitely keep it up. I am a little apprehensive about it having 5 seasons, seems like overkill on something you can't play with forever ("obviously" they escape) so I might lose interest later down the line if it drags on for an unnecessarily long time.

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2020, 07:56:56 PM »
Digimon, man, I haven't seen this in a long time. My last contact with Digimon was through a PS2 game, and this video is incredible, I have been filled with feelings of nostalgia lately. And it's very old in 2007 lol  :D

Yes, you are right, I think it is unnecessary to have 5 seasons, I could easily give spoilers here and you choose whether to continue or not, but honestly, you are in the best season and you will still be surprised. For me, the best seasons are the first and the third.

You could recommend a series for me too, at the moment I'm not following any.  :D (After I finish Sonic Boom of course)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:02:28 PM by DarkHero »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 09:50:18 PM »
Always enjoyed Digimon....

for the plot of course 👀

The only shows that I liked in recent times is Agent Carter and Transformers Prime. I'm not really recommending them, just more stating this.
Really wish I could find things that REALLY resonate with me, whether it's shows, movies, or games. It's been too long since I've genuinely enjoyed something rather than just feeling like it's simply a thing to play/watch, no more no less.

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 09:35:04 AM »
I'm a big fan of Digimon, too! Lilithmon is a snacc lookin' one. Er--hem, anyways. Have you seen the reboot series? They're going to make a movie, it's about the 01 and 02 gangs all adult, in college. I'm so hyped!

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 05:50:50 PM »
I really didn't know about this reboot series. Is it good?

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 05:56:39 AM »
It's only three episodes right now, it started in April but on a hiatus due to Corona. It's obviously going on a different path from the original series, they didn't start anything interesting plot-wise yet so I can't say anything. Go check it out if you've got time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:25:59 AM by Aladdin »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 11:54:30 PM »
oh hey so this was a bust

also i watched the first episode or two and uhhhh it's bad?

like there's absolutely no buildup for the evolution and why is matt (english names screw you all) there already with garurumon where's the struggle and growth of getting stronger hnnnn
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:02:02 AM by Hayley »

Offline Aladdin

• We goin' wild.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 04:25:20 AM »
I agree but like I said, it's going to be different from the original one so maybe it'll get good in the later episodes? Who knows. It'd be unfair to judge it when it hasn't started anything yet.