News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Phoenix  (Read 11391 times)

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
Phoenix
« on: May 26, 2020, 04:37:14 PM »
Hello

This is one of the forums that I have adapted to the most for a long time, it is sad to see how this community is "dead" lately.

I am creating this topic to post messages every day (or almost) to try to revive this forum a little. The name "Phoenix" refers to the bird, which in this case, revived from the ashes.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:40 AM »
Neat idea. I still haven't moved on and settled into another community because I hate people so yeah I understand your feelings towards this place.

I would be down for doing a post a day but dshkabhklds what can I say oh NO!

I guess I'll just see what comes out of this 👀

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 09:55:37 AM »
Haha very good to see you here Hayley, I know that for many people it is difficult to be active every day, but we will do our best right  :D

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »
Yo.

The difficulty in being active is that there's nobody to talk to. I could post about anything but it would be the equivalent of talking to a brick wall and utterly pointless. There's a handful of people still irregularly posting but in that case wouldn't it be better to message them privately? Words are hard but... you for example, I admit my memories of this place are super fuzzy and selective at times but I don't actually know you. Sure I've seen your name around but there's been no real interaction right? And if I wanted to get to know you, even basic boring stuff like what your favourite games are, wouldn't that best be reserved for PMs, here or otherwise? Forums are meant to be a community effort and asking one person specifically about themselves "in public" doesn't feel right to me lol

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 06:10:38 PM »
it's true Hayley, you're right.

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 12:04:53 PM »
I mean there's nothing stopping us from doing just that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Asking simple questions.

Contributes to posting every day in any case.

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 03:37:33 PM »
very good Hayley, you are a great friend  :)

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 08:25:51 PM »
🤔 are you actually a bot?

I'm not sure you're actually reading my messages  :sleep:

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:44 PM »
Well, I don't know, maybe  :cc_detective:

I'm sorry, so let's ask each other a simple question, what is your favorite series currently? Mine is Prison Break, if you didn't watch it, I recommend watching it, it's simple amazing, it has 5 seasons in total (rumored that 6 is in development)

and yes, I read your messages  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:33:42 PM by DarkHero »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 12:59:41 AM »
Sorry, just felt like a really bizarre reply on your end lol

I've been completely and utterly consumed by Sonic for a while now. It's a shame that the fanbase is terrible, even just lurking is exhausting with all the fighting and drama. I've mostly been interested in fan created content like art and fics, even making my own stuff and generally daydreaming about "what ifs" but I still enjoy seeing other people's creative thoughts on things. If Sega's not gonna treat their characters right then the fans content is good enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(it'snotthoughhkaskhbasobs)

I believe I glanced at Prison Break before? Honestly sounds like something I could get into. I'm interested in crime, true or fiction, so yeah, I'll give it a watch, but I'm VERY hard to please so there's a good chance I won't feel anything towards it lol

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 09:23:58 AM »
I agree with you, it seems that Sega doesn't care much about its characters, because the way they did Sonic was very bizarre. If it weren't for the criticism of the fans, Sonic would be horrible.

And about the series, I am also very difficult to please, Prison Break was one of the series that stuck me to him. I've watched many, but I always lose interest later lol

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 03:41:20 PM »
GOD what an abomination of god lmao though that's more Paramount or the director's choice. At least they actually LISTENED to the outcry and changed the design, which itself is amazing. Wish more companies would listen to people and fix [X].

But no, the games are the problem. It's like Sega has no idea what to do or how to use their characters. For the past 11 years only Sonic has been playable, and the main focus has been him, Tails, and Eggman, with the rest of the characters rotting away, unused and squandered. And let's not even discuss the quality of the games themselves lol. At least the current comic from IDW is treating the characters with respect.... mostly. I still have my problems with it but with the series being in a drought it's kinda like "fine I'll take it."

In any case I actually did watch a bit of the first episode of Prison Break last night before getting distracted. I'll continue and get back to you on it since it's waaaay too early to say anything about it just yet.

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »
I never had the opportunity to play the first Sonic games in my childhood, that is, I can't really give an opinion on that.

I went to play my first Sonic game on my PS2 (that I received in 2011) I played games like Sonic Riders and Sonic Unleashed. Comparing these games to those of the past, the producer doesn't really know what to do with the game anymore, they are totally different styles, of course PS2 was already an advanced console at the time (but there was a Sonic game that was a board race lol)

And it's true, one of my favorite characters is Shadow, just like you said, these characters should be used more in the series. I really wanted a game where Shadow was playable and well played, I love this character

Look, I don't know if you've seen this, but this is just terrible, what do people have in mind to do such a thing?

I didn't play it, but I saw several videos about this modified version.

Haha I'm glad you saw it Prison Break, even if it was just the first episode, keep going, you'll be impressed  :D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:19:13 PM by DarkHero »

Offline Hayley

• Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 05:36:34 PM »
Shadow's dope man, and sadly one of the bigger mishandles in recent years. It's really jarring seeing him become a "lol friendship is for pussies" guy when he DOES care about his allies, just not in the openly cheesy way. Also all the meme-y edgelord shit, he DOES have his own game btw but it's truly awful and left a permanent bad mark on him. The infamous Sonic 06 afterwards redeems him but since that game is also a disaster for other reasons, people dismiss it.

It's really complicated because Sega makes the most bizarre decisions on how they want things to go, even outside of games they're irrational (comics, toys, etc).

Also.... Sonic.exe is the least of the fandom's problems. There's no denying it's super infamously weird, I don't even have an explanation for it, but truthfully you'd see such things in other fandoms and I don't... have a problem with it, satire or genuine. I honestly don't care if people make OCs, Christian art, fetish art, gore, whatever, it's not hurting people and I simply see it as people expressing themselves and having passion for their interests. I might not LIKE or even understand such things, but yeah.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯   no clue what else to say about that.

Offline DarkHero

• Developer
  • Bully Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »
I see that you are really a Sonic fan, today there was a news that the Sonic movie will have a sequel, what do you think about that? And what did you think of his first film?

Today I spent a good part playing the old Sonic games through emulators, since I didn't have a chance when I was a kid, and look, I'm really enjoying it (it's even better than Mario, my opinion of course)

And look, my internet plan, there is something called "NET NOW", it's like a "netflix" (it was where I watched Prison Break too) and I was browsing and looking for something to watch, I came across a Sonic cartoon, tomorrow I will see how it is, I’ve never watched a Sonic cartoon, I hope it’s good.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:33:20 PM by DarkHero »