News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: (THEORY) Would it be possible for scholarship edition scripts to work on ps2?  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Ghostlys Golden

• Ghostlys Golden | Youtuber / Casual Bully Modder
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I think there is more to this then just putting like for example putting the geography class in script.img on the ps2. I think you would have to edit the scripts to call in the assets correctly for that added mission or class (from scholarship edition). You would also have to bring over all the models and textures as well.

I don't know do you think this would be possible?

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Playstation has a proprietary way games are made and put to disc. Such a format is used to prevent damage, as Warfreshs said. If you run high resolution assets on a ps2 it can overheat and cause an emergency shutdown. It wasn't until the ps3 where 1080p was even a thing for consoles, so just think of what little a ps2 can do.

Unless you have a playstation dev system (which is only given to game dev companies) you won't be able to easily test this. PS2 production stopped years ago as well.

Emulators won't really work neither because they are usually designed to ignore most of the limitation of a console.

Modern day consoles have more power, but their operating systems are built and updated to constantly check if anything has been modified. This is because Sony wasn't happy when people were installing Linux on the fat ps3.

Offline TailzFuzion

• I make beta stuff
    • View Profile
I think there is more to this then just putting like for example putting the geography class in script.img on the ps2. I think you would have to edit the scripts to call in the assets correctly for that added mission or class (from scholarship edition). You would also have to bring over all the models and textures as well.

I don't know do you think this would be possible?
PS2 Scripts are coded differently to pc scripts, could be possible to add them but would require alot of rewriting- possible kind of depends
Models-Not possible
Textures-Possible