News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully's Offical Website Archived  (Read 2138 times)

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • GZWN
Bully's Offical Website Archived
« on: March 13, 2021, 06:57:17 PM »
Back in 2011, Rockstar was feverishly updating old game websites to remove certain trailers - presumably because they lost rights to certain elements. At the time, that prompted me to try to archive as much of Rockstar's websites as I could with the plans to create a "Rockstar Games museum". Eventually as my enthusiasm for Rockstar waned due to the constant pushing of Shark CardsTM, this project never went anywhere.

Last year after Flash was killed by Adobe, Rockstar unceremoniously removed all of their game websites that used Flash. Luckily, I still had a large number of the website content I had archived long ago.

Introducing an early version of the RockstarMuseum, with a mostly complete copy of the Bully official website.

The website mostly works in modern browsers without Flash thanks to the Ruffle emulator. Compatibility with later versions of Flash sites is still in development, so you will notice bugs with the Bully site until these are fixed. Any Flash videos will not play due to a combination of Ruffle not supporting FLV files and the way Rockstar hosted these files.

As for the other game websites in the Museum, I'm still working on fixing up broken links and missing files when I have free time.

Offline Razc01na

• Lord Slayer
  • Doom is life
    • View Profile
Re: Bully's Offical Website Archived
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 03:21:34 PM »
So wait, the original bully website by rockstar is gone with flash?

And the fact they didn't even bother to update goes to show how caring they are for an entire fanbase.
Money is a poison, and r* has had a good dose of it thanks to shark cards.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
They got rid of the animations but there is a site. https://www.rockstargames.com/bully/

They had to take down most game sites and rebuild due to flash no longer being supported.

Offline Delsaraf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 01:24:01 PM »
the answer is:no
there is still a version of it with the animations and links to the trailers
https://museum.rockstarnexus.com/websites/2011-05/games/bully/home/