News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: fastman92 processor  (Read 10642 times)

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
fastman92 processor
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:28:59 AM »
fastman92 processor
I have made a very powerful tool for IDE and IPL processing that supports multiple games: GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV, GTA V and Bully Scholarship Edition.
That includes binary files like IDB and IPB from Bully.
For GTA IV both little and big endian binary placement files are supported.
The powerful classes can be adapted to perform various tasks; conversion between game formats is just one of many possibilities.

fastman92_processor.bat contains few examples.

----------------
I put a lot of effort making sure that my projects meet the high quality requirements.
That takes a significiant amount of work.
If you like any of my projects, please consider making a donation. And keep on looking for what projects the future might bring.

Download:
Link: http://gtaforums.com/topic/857375-fastman92-processor/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 09:40:36 AM by fastman92 »

FaZe

Re: fastman92 processor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
Perhaps make a video showing it in action? Others may not have a clue what this is.
Luckily I do, but some people may not quite understand.

Offline Rambo7

• "Awesomely Kick-Ass Troll"
  • #ZAMBess
    • View Profile
    • My ModDB Page
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »
Wow, tx for this great release!
This will be a really useful tool for us

BTW fastman, can you take look at the Act.img files?
In the Act.img, there're .cat files, that cat files actually contain some action node used for animation (fighting, walking, strafe, etc) in the game

All of us from the Bully Community really want to decompile this .cat files, but no one still can decompile it
We usually use the HxD.exe to read the .cat files, but the problem is most of the texts are really impossible to read

So, is it possible to decompile this cat files, so it can be readable using software like Notepad++?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:46:56 AM by Rambo7 »

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
Perhaps make a video showing it in action? Others may not have a clue what this is.
Luckily I do, but some people may not quite understand.
You can it yourself.
I have more serious work to do.

Wow, tx for this great release!
This will be a really useful tool for us

BTW fastman, can you take look at the Act.img files?
In the Act.img, there're .cat files, that cat files actually contain some action node used for animation (fighting, walking, strafe, etc) in the game

All of us from the Bully Community really want to decompile this .cat files, but no one still can decompile it
We usually use the HxD.exe to read the .cat files, but the problem is most of the texts are really impossible to read

So, is it possible to decompile this cat files, so it can be readable using software like Notepad++?
I have taken a quick look into these files and I know few details about the structure.
I am busy doing other work.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:19:50 PM by fastman92 »

FaZe

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »
More important work than helping the community?
Must be an exhillirating life. Shit, man.
Hard nut as fuck.
Gee.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:33:07 PM »
Why are you even posting your mods here if you're not even going to give a fuck about the people who download them? Just in hopes they smash on that donate button right?

FaZe

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 03:34:07 PM »
Intense stuff right here.

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
Why are you even posting your mods here if you're not even going to give a fuck about the people who download them? Just in hopes they smash on that donate button right?
I posted it here, so that advanced users will know what to do and will find it useful, if you don't try you may never will.
Some effort is required from the users as well.

It's not hard to check the .bat file to see how my tool works.
It's pretty easy to use after few minutes. All it does for an user is taking an input file and creating an output file, all the complexity is hidden inside the application.

btw. I also have an unreleased tool for editing the Bully text files.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:05:30 PM by fastman92 »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »
I doubt you made this.
You uploaded MadmaN's bully img tool and claimed it as your own on Sweg's site.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
I doubt you made this.
You uploaded MadmaN's bully img tool and claimed it as your own on Sweg's site.

MadmaN actually made the toolkit using some of fastman92's code. In part what you said is true since MadmaN did make the kit, but it is using some of fastman92's code, which Mad overlooked when releasing the tool because he was simply trying to release a useful tool and forgot about saying it was in part made by fastman. You can still see fastman's mark in the beginning of .img archives made with the tool anyways. I'm not even sure if it was fastman92 that uploaded that anyways, but I did see it up there as well. MadmaN still gets credited in the tool though, so it seems pretty fair.

Regardless of how I feel fastman is treating some of the other members here, I at least can say I doubt he stole this tool, even though I haven't tried it.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 06:01:10 PM »
I will jump in here and make a couple corrections.

First off...the imgtool IS Fastman92's creation and NOT mine. All I did was make a couple additions to it (just a couple additions to the code to experiment with a couple ideas I had at the time) along with the batch files to automate things but I made the grave mistake of not crediting Fastman92 with being the imgtool creator.

Even bothering to release that was a big mistake on my part and it was due in part to the intense pressure I was under to continue helping the community out when there was very few that were at the time. Because of this I removed my customized version of his tool since the last thing I want right now is for a total flamewar to go on and possible accusations of 'theft' by Fastman because I highly respect his work and what he has done both in the GTA community AND the little bit he has done here too.

So...anyone that has downloaded the customized version I did..please just delete it and use the original one by Fastman as everything that both do is exactly the same and I would rather that his name and credits are fully preserved. I refuse to accept ANY credit for that tool as it would be wrong for me to accept something that I don't deserve nor earned. I am sure Fastman would agree with me on that.

The batch files that I created however can still be kept and used and those were only just to as I said above...to automate the process for those that are less savvy about working with the command line and nothing more.

I would like everyone to try and get back on topic here and not bother with any speculation nor insults...accusations or whatever. The point is I made a big mistake and I took the steps to correct it once I realized what I actually did and I would prefer the whole matter to be dropped.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:24:22 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 06:38:38 PM »
I apologise.
I guess this was all due to my lack of knowledge on the subject, due to not keeping in touch with mad for so long.

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
Anyway, back to the point someone should make a tutorial on how to use my file processing tool.
For those who aren't that advanced modders and can't figure it out.
Let's focus on what's necessary to make a progress.

This tool can process IPL/IPB, IDE/IDB as far as Bully SE is concerned.
If you want Bully modding to grow up, you need to know how to use this tool.

Also, there's a limit adjuster for Bully SE: http://gtaforums.com/topic/733982-fastman92-limit-adjuster/

--------------------------------------
This should be seen by a forum admin:

An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

You should chmod the directory with the value of 770.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:41:10 AM by fastman92 »

Offline fastman92

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »
No one is modding Bully SE these days, it seems.
Even though it's now possible to do a lot more:
IDB - item definitions
IPB - item placements

these files can be edited, which couldn't be done for many years.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:37:21 PM by fastman92 »

Offline thephapper

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
W0t