News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: CHARACTER HEIGHTS  (Read 10475 times)

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
CHARACTER HEIGHTS
« on: September 23, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
Have I talked about this before?? ... eh whatever.

I've tried to analyse this before and come up with some believable numbers after comparing the characters to each other and drawing clues from the real world:
Short (Jimmy, etc.): 5'4/5'5 (162.5/165cm)
Average (Trent, etc.): 5'8 (172.5cm)
Tall (Norton, etc): 6'2 (188cm)

(I forgot where I placed Petey, I haven't played in a long time now but 4'11 (150cm) sounds okay, right??)

Now the problem was adults. They're really tall. Taller than the tall students who were already pretty tall. Pining all of them at around 6'7 (200.6cm), maybe even an inch or two more, and then seeing that Russell was even taller than that...? Sure it's not impossible in the real world but... yikes. This is too much.

The only way to make the adult heights more believable was to bring them down to 6'2 or so (and even then that's pushing it as too tall), but then that causes all the students to be shorter, thus causing Petey to be "unrealistically" short.

I don't even wanna look into where the young students come into all of this. I don't even know how old they are to start comparing to Real Life. Why are these kids in the game aaaaa so dumb.

I know it's a video game. But knowing that it does take place in the states, and looking at the numbers of the average height in real-world America, these numbers are insane. Maybe in fictional Bullworth Town/America everybody's just taller than average.

But goddamit I like logic and trying to make this game feel more realistic. So lemme ignore the fact a short squinty bald guy can beat the shit out of trained boxers without becoming winded, or he can take a bottle rocket to face numerous times and be okay, just drink some cola and he'll be better in no time.

Yeah, headcanon ftw :')
There's just no way every adult would be this damn tall, especially the women. Heights in this game are meaningless. No wonder I've accepted Bane's smol Gord and tall Duncan.

But what do you think? That I'm overthinking this? 'Cause I'll agree with y'all on that one.

Offline Mattsy

• View Profile
Re: CHARACTER HEIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »
It never made sense to me how ALL the adults are taller than the teenagers in this game. A lot of teenagers tower over adults in real life.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
Exactly. There's 5 main heights in the game with just two exceptions (that I recall anyway), and lumping all the adults in their own special "Tallest With The Exception of Russell" category  is pretty dumb. My only guess as to way it is this way is to give the adults a sense of superiority.

Also after re-watching the video I posted in the other thread, it looks like the adult females are categorised as "Tall." While that's better than the 6'7 I thought they were, 6'3 is still very tall for a woman. I guess I could blame heels. Do all of them wear heels though? ... meh.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »
Ya not over thinking it, it is sort of ridiculous. It makes it almost seem like they're all middle schoolers rather than high. At least we have Russell to tower over everybody, which that may of also had something to do with why R* did this. They wanted Russell to really shine in comparison to the other students, even the jocks.

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »
Jimmy is a bit short