News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Looking for a scripter that can implement my new delilah model.  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Fritz

• Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
    • View Profile
So... My mind has always had this disconnect when it comes to the process of scripting --- simple enough, I just can't do it, never have been able to... But I've always been open about admitting that. With that said, I'm looking for someone who can script peds that can implement my schoolgirl delilah model (pictured below) over the cut character Nate. This won't really be the easiest of tasks as I have some high standards. Here's pretty much what I'm looking for:

-Make her kissable.
-Put her in the prep clique, although make her friendly towards everyone.
-Make her spawn in the following areas at the specified times of day: School during class hours, Harrington House during the afternoon, the theater and carnival at night, the girls' dorm during sleeping hours. (if possible)
-Implement some of her dialogue, but only certain lines. (if possible)
-Make her able to hold hands.(if possible)

Here are pictures of her model (Click for full size images):

As you can see, I've had her in-game once, I had replaced pinky just to make sure I could get her to work.

In return for doing my scripting, I offer my services in return, models, conversions, textures, texture mapping, rigging, access to my mods that are still in their test stages, special requests, just name it. :)

Either hit me up here, pm me, or get ahold of me on steam if you think you're up for it.  ;)

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a scripter that can implement my new delilah model.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:09 AM »
-Make her kissable.
Duhh, how could I not want to kiss that fine piece of perfection? I think as long as she is a female and a student faction she'll be kissable, BUT there may be other things. I know there are certain things that prevent you from kissing certain models, but we'll see. Might be able to figure something out.

-over the cut character Nate
Simple enough, we'll replace Nate's model (not sure if we can add an entirely new model as I think other info we can't quite change is binded to the model name).

-Put her in the prep clique
Real simple to do this, simply edit default.idb (aka ide.img) to change Nate's faction to PREPPY. I'd also figure you'd want to change her unique model status to 1 so she spawns so this is where you'd do this as well. You could also change her style and stat, or even add a new stat in pedstats.dat (I think I've had a friend add an entirely new stat before... so you should be fine I think).
OR... preferably, we can use a real simple script function that'll override default.idb. This'll be easier though it's up to you. We'll need to use scripting for the next part anyways so might as well.

-make her friendly towards everyone.
This should be possible by finding all occurrences of her and making her friendly to all factions in a script.

-Make her spawn in the following areas at the specified times of day: School during class hours, Harrington House during the afternoon, the theater and carnival at night, the girls' dorm during sleeping hours. (if possible)
I think being a female student will do the dorm part, though I'm not sure. Her being a prep should do the Harrington house like the rest of the preps. I don't know anyway to give her specific locations that aren't defined by faction though, but the places you're describing sound like normal prep places so we'll be good (or tell me if I'm wrong).

Reath has discussed this being possible here but I haven't personally looked into it, not too sure on this one. Oh and I also have no idea how to change her voice... she gonna be sounding like Nate!

Does being a female do this...? I don't know, if so then she should be fine... I know I've said that to a bunch of things now, sorry about that.

Sorry if I don't have all the answers but there's what I do know. Anyways just made the script and here's the results:
He didn't seem to spawn with the other preps for some reason, but he is a prep and is kissable.

You certainly will still have some work to do but, here's the script with what I managed to do: http://pastebin.com/cewf3T6d.

Offline james004

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 07:04:59 AM »
I think for the voice is okay if Delilah used Nate's voice, just make her a heavy smoker girl.

Offline Fritz

• Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:14 PM »
-Make her kissable.
Duhh, how could I not want to kiss that fine piece of perfection? I think as long as she is a female and a student faction she'll be kissable, BUT there may be other things. I know there are certain things that prevent you from kissing certain models, but we'll see. Might be able to figure something out.

-over the cut character Nate
Simple enough, we'll replace Nate's model (not sure if we can add an entirely new model as I think other info we can't quite change is binded to the model name).

-Put her in the prep clique
Real simple to do this, simply edit default.idb (aka ide.img) to change Nate's faction to PREPPY. I'd also figure you'd want to change her unique model status to 1 so she spawns so this is where you'd do this as well. You could also change her style and stat, or even add a new stat in pedstats.dat (I think I've had a friend add an entirely new stat before... so you should be fine I think).
OR... preferably, we can use a real simple script function that'll override default.idb. This'll be easier though it's up to you. We'll need to use scripting for the next part anyways so might as well.

-make her friendly towards everyone.
This should be possible by finding all occurrences of her and making her friendly to all factions in a script.

I think being a female student will do the dorm part, though I'm not sure. Her being a prep should do the Harrington house like the rest of the preps. I don't know anyway to give her specific locations that aren't defined by faction though, but the places you're describing sound like normal prep places so we'll be good (or tell me if I'm wrong).

Reath has discussed this being possible here but I haven't personally looked into it, not too sure on this one. Oh and I also have no idea how to change her voice... she gonna be sounding like Nate!

Does being a female do this...? I don't know, if so then she should be fine... I know I've said that to a bunch of things now, sorry about that.

Sorry if I don't have all the answers but there's what I do know. Anyways just made the script and here's the results:
He didn't seem to spawn with the other preps for some reason, but he is a prep and is kissable.

You certainly will still have some work to do but, here's the script with what I managed to do: http://pastebin.com/cewf3T6d.

Thank you so much, Boss!, This's a lot of help. :) I think I figured out how to implement her voice using the audio ripper. Just need to refrain from using the dialogue that wouldn't make sense with her acting as a student when I replace nate's audio files.

Also, as I said, if you need anything, just hit met up. I'll put it near the top of my priority list, and do my best to get it done for you.

On another note:: This still has a lot of work to be done to it, but if I get it working right I might replace Ian with the evil twin Jezebel in student form as well, with the big differences being a different model/outfit, she's the only female in Russell's crew, and hates everyone. Although that's a stretch and thinking way too far ahead right now.

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 01:45:33 AM »
BIg bump, but is it available yet?