News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Logging in  (Read 5839 times)

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
Logging in
« on: March 16, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »
So I've got a problem that started some weeks ago. I have to log in twice, that is when I try to log in, it says that the password is incorrect, although it is correct, and I have to enter it twice. Does anyone experience the same problem?

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
Re: Logging in
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:31:21 PM »
I only use BB on my phone and I stay logged in so I have no fking clue

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
Mmhm. It's been a problem for... forever.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Somewhat relevant, but since the downtime we're having to log in every time - even when choosing to stay logged in.

It would be nice to get this sorted, but given the suspicious activity the hosts picked up I can see why it's been removed for now.  Here's hoping we're sorted soon.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »
Well...I know that the cookies for BB are controlled mostly via the SMF forum software that is used here and since AJ had to quickly put something back up for us...it most likely has not been properly setup yet and is probably last on the list. AJ has a bit of work to do before things will be back where he wants them so...for now if you want to have something similar just have your browser save your login name and password so it just auto fills the fields and all you have to do is just click login. This is similar to how cookies function only you have a single step you have to do instead of everything being done for you. I have my browser set to auto fill teh fields so I can login.

I personally have no issues otherwise and have not needed to login twice. But then...most of the time I just simply leave BB open in a tab in my browser and since my rig is on 24/7 and is rarely ever shut down....I don't usually have to worry much.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 03:10:39 PM »
Somewhat relevant, but since the downtime we're having to log in every time - even when choosing to stay logged in.

It would be nice to get this sorted, but given the suspicious activity the hosts picked up I can see why it's been removed for now.  Here's hoping we're sorted soon.

"Stay logged in" is a feature to choose whether you want your session to require only one login or multiple. If you check that box and leave, you will have to login again when returning. The "stay logged in" feature is based upon your session on the website and the time before you need to login again. If you don't check that box and login to B-B, B-B will put a timer on your session before it asks for another login.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 05:49:42 PM »
I don't seem to be having any problem staying logged in, strange for you guys I guess.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 05:38:23 AM »
It's just whenever I launch a new browser session that I need to log back in since the downtime - I tend to peek in before & after work.

Before the downtime it would stay logged in happily - now I need to re-log every browser session.