News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: The differences between the PC models and PS2 models  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
The differences between the PC models and PS2 models
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
First of all, I don't know if this is a right section to post this. For those who don't know yet, I found out that PS2 models didn't use .nif and .nft models, but they use .dff and .txd instead. ((Same file as GTA III-SA models))

Here are some screenes:

The PS2 version also has multiple World.img which is

-World_1.img
-World_2.img
-World_3.img
However, you can't access all these multiple files, since they don't have .DIR files. (shit)

Damn, I'm so curious to know what inside those multiple world.img.
Also, every files in the PS2 folder were in Capslock (I know its nothing)

Sorry bout the pictures, not my fault anyway ;)

Yes, that's everything that I could find.  Thanck for ur attention ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:01:20 PM by Dannysters »

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
Re: The differences between the PC models and PS2 models
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »
I found this a while ago. Not really sure what it means BUT I know (if you can get past the encryption)you can mod all these files. But if your going to do skin/script mod the file needs to be the same size (or smaller) than the one it is replacing

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
I found this a while ago. Not really sure what it means BUT I know (if you can get past the encryption)you can mod all these files. But if your going to do skin/script mod the file needs to be the same size (or smaller) than the one it is replacing

Hmm.. I don't get size part.

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »

I got that error when trying to open up Nemesis_Gary.txd

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 01:21:06 PM »
Well, on PS2, there is a limit on the amount of space left. There is NO space left. You could fit another KB in. So if you put something bigger in, it won't be able to write to disk because there is no space left

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
About the Nemesis_Gary.txd thing, I'm not sure. Not many do PS2 modding here so you may need to figure it it yourself

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 01:27:30 PM »
Well I just found a conversation... (I don't understand this convs actually)

It leads me to a software site and I downloaded it, and I successfully opened that PS2 textures without any problem.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 01:39:08 PM »
Different engines, different file types.

My guess with there being multiple files is perhaps the PS2 has a max file size for one file (or the game engine does), so this was the work-around Rockstar thought of.

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
Different engines, different file types.

My guess with there being multiple files is perhaps the PS2 has a max file size for one file (or the game engine does), so this was the work-around Rockstar thought of.

In ps2 files, the audio folder has 3 subfolder (Same as the PC) except the "xact" folder (from the PC) were changed to "SCREAM" folder, which has multiple files just like World.img. In SCREAM.img contains game files in .bnk types of files which I believe the sound effect of this game.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »
The differences are because the ps2 version used the Renderware game engine and the PC version uses the Gamebryo engine. That is why there are differences.

You can technically use much larger textures as far as dimensions goes but you have to either have the ability to overburn the game disc you are modding (along with a modded console to even read the modded copy) or use an emulator instead.

This is the reason why I prefer PC gaming vs Console.....you can mod PC games far easier and there are far less limits placed on you vs strict limits put on you for console modding due to limitations of the hardware itself.

Offline Dannysters

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 08:35:37 PM »
The differences are because the ps2 version used the Renderware game engine and the PC version uses the Gamebryo engine. That is why there are differences.

You can technically use much larger textures as far as dimensions goes but you have to either have the ability to overburn the game disc you are modding (along with a modded console to even read the modded copy) or use an emulator instead.

This is the reason why I prefer PC gaming vs Console.....you can mod PC games far easier and there are far less limits placed on you vs strict limits put on you for console modding due to limitations of the hardware itself.

Yep, PC is far more easier to mod but I like the ps2 atmosphere, while in PC everything is fogging

Offline Allen White

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »

Yep, PC is far more easier to mod but I like the ps2 atmosphere, while in PC everything is fogging

I totally agree with Dannysters, ps2 atmosphere were always the best!

anyway good info m8