News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Complete Mayhem - Unused Plot(with removed dialogue)[CONTAINS SPOILERS]  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
In early versions of the game, the mission "Complete Mayhem" was originally supposed to be not just where Jimmy and Russell leave the areas right after the fights. At the end of the fight in the girl's dorm with Johnny and the greasers, Johnny(and POSSIBLY the greasers) helps Jimmy fight the other cliques.

Jimmy: What the hell are you doing Johnny? Why are you taking orders from Gary?
Johnny: Shut up Jimmy! You left us and everything went down the toilet.
Jimmy: I beat you once, I'll beat you again.
*fight takes place here*
Johnny: Alright Jimmy, you're the boss. Sorry, I forgot.
Jimmy: It's alright, Johnny. Now help me get this under control.
Jimmy: On one condition. You get your crew to stop fighting.
Johnny: No sweat Jimmy, I got it.

I discovered this listening to some of the speech files. That's not all however. The fight with the Jocks had some unused lines as well:

Jimmy: Ted.  I need you to help me.
Ted: Get lost Jimmy!  You ain't nothing!
Jimmy: You're just asking for it.
Jimmy(during fight): Had enough Ted?
Ted: Alright Jimmy.
Jimmy: Good. I need you to calm your boys down.

^ That is some more dialogue.

There is also another speech file from Ted in that same mission, which I don't believe was used. "You better let him in!" it sounds like.

There is some more unused dialogue. Keep in mind not EVERY line is unused, but some that go together with it is. Here is  the one from the fight with Darby and the preps:

Chad: Hey Derby, someone's here to see you.
Derby: Oh...  it's the thug.  Don't worry boys, I'll deal with him.
Jimmy: Hey Derby. Would you please tell your boys to stop fighting?
Derby: Oh I suppose. Since you asked so nicely.
Jimmy: Stop your boys or I'll smash your face!
Derby: Alright Jimmy. Alright.
Jimmy: You're getting really tiresome Derby.  Cut it out.
Derby: Yes sir.*dramatic tone*
Jimmy: I trust you remember who you're working for, Derby.

I'm guessing Jimmy didn't have to fight Derby in that one. Also something that still has me scratching my head, is Derby's name. Is it Darby? or Derby? Or did they just change it in later releases?

Anyways, here's the Earnest fight. It's not really that detailed:
Jimmy: Earnest you nerd. What were you thinking?!
Earnest: You fool!  You don't see it.  Gary's got a plan.  A great plan.
Jimmy: You idiot.  Gary's plans are all a load of crap. I should know.
Earnest: You don't get it. With my brains and his lack of morals nothing can stop us.
Jimmy: Whatever.  I'm going to stop you both.
*at this point I'm guessing they had the fight here*
Jimmy: I trust I've cured you of your megalomania Earnest.
Earnest: Completely. But why didn't you get Gary?
Jimmy: I'll get to him. But you've gotta get your clique back in line.

There is also a line(which I believe is unused) where Edgar says "We'll get that weasel!"

Here is the fun part. Gary. During the part of the mission where Jimmy is in the building, and Gary speaks on the intercom, he only speaks 1 line. But according to the speech files, he had more:

"Your attention please, Jimmy is complete human trash."(used)
"Jimmy. You know your mother never loved you, don't you?"
"Why do you try, Jimmy? You think you have a chance?"
"It's too late, Jimmy. Everyone hates you."
"Give it up, Jimmy. You're pathetic!"
"Jimmy. Beating up people doesn't make anyone like you."
"It was laughably easy to manipulate you. Does that bother you, Jimmy?"
"I'd tell you what people say about you Jimmy  but I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings.  Hahaha."
"So is it true what they say Jimmy?  About you and those animals?"
"You're sick in the head Jimmy, and everybody knows it."

Those are all the intercoms I could find from Gary. Here's the rest of the dialogue from that part:

Jimmy: Gary you little bitch!  Come out!
Gary: James, I've been waiting.  Let the games begin!
*during this part in the beta, it's believed you had to chase Gary to the Rooftop Access door, which of course led to the school roof*
Gary: Slow as always, eh Jimmy?
*later on*
Gary: Pinky told me you were a horrific kisser, Jimmy.
Jimmy: That's not how I remember it.
Gary: Awh, did I hurt your feelings Jimmy?
Jimmy: Do you think you're manipulating me right now?
Gary: How does it feel to be expelled for the last time Jimmy?
Jimmy: You really are full of yourself.
Gary: I told you I had a plan Jimmy.

Then you just have to obviously chase him up ladders. During that chase, I don't think I've ever heard this one from gary:
"Does it hurt? Looking back at all the time you wasted over the last year? All the time you were working for me."

Once you got to the edge of the rooftop, I'm guessing this took place:
Jimmy: No where to run now, eh Gary?
Gary: After you're expelled from here for your antics over the last few weeks, you wont have anywhere left to go.
Gary: No school would take a child with your history. No prospects. You'll end up begging for money on the streets if you're lucky.
Jimmy: You're an idiot, Gary! A power hungry idiot. You went about this all the wrong way. Look where your plans have put you.

The rest of Gary's quotes from that mission I think are just the usual ones he uses during a fight and chase. But some were still unused. Feel free to explore for yourself too.

and POSSIBLY later I'll upload a video of all the dialogue together, so you can hear it for yourself.
the fight with Gary probably had the most interesting dialogue out of all of these.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:35:02 PM by Unknownsoldier »

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
With that Darby/Derby,I think the thing goes like this:It's Derby,but pronounced Darby.

Btw,nice find!

Yeah,I remember hearing Johnny and many of the quotes between Gary and Jimmy,but I didn't know about the rest.
And I remember hearing one about Johnny,I think it was "Don't tell Lola about this",probably referring to his trespass to the Girls Dorm...
But I don't remember ifit was from C. Mayhem.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:08:08 PM by DahCobra33 »

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
Yes it was from complete mayhem. Though it doesn't seem to fit with any of Jimmy's other speech files. But he said "us" i think. Probably meaning he was with another girl? I dunno lol.

deadpoolXYZ

It was planned that you caught Johnny hanging out with Mandy in her dorm room during development but I think that it was never added. They were probably alternate plots when you had to fight the greasers in the girls dorm since the audio files have names like "036A" and "036C".

I can confirm this because there is an unused test script called 6_02gdorm.lur, which explains the audio files. Although the script doesn't crash, it is very buggy... Jimmy suddenly follows the female teacher walking pattern and the mission peds don't even spawn.

Also there are unused lines of female students fighting over someone who is never mentioned.

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
Heh your back, and yes all of this is true. Gary maybe had enemies fight Jimmy during the chase to the rooftop or some type of instance. Gary also has unused missing fail qoutes and fighting qoutes.

I thought that Gary would be a tougher fight and he has an unused dodge in the boss fight I might've beenthe first to discover it, when I increased the Dodge frequency he would dodge and evade all of my attacks.

Gary was also not the original ending boas and was maybe added later into development. You can tell by how some of the story is completely different in some parts of the game. How did Jimmy know about Edgar before he was even introduced. Russell was introduced but wasn't given a complete introduction we just later fight him with no recollection of why we are even fighting him.

Think about it we fight him inside the hole because of Gary's antics but they could've put a bit more development then that. Like we had a mission where we do a prank Russell  and that makes Russell want to fight him.
Even though he is slow he can still comprehend certain things. With Earnest the nerds never really have a distinct reason for going against Jimmy even though he did most of the work for them and made sure the jocks wouldn't kill them. Actually I think Earnest betraying Jimmy wasn't part of the story and just thrown in.

The greasers have Jimmy working with the preps but he helped Johnny all throughout the story missions but he did steal Lola. The preps never had any real reason all and just had scrambled wanna be oh we hate hate Jimmy syndrome.

The dropouts and jocks are the only two cliques with real reason to advance against Jimmy. Edgar not liking school kids and Ted and the jocks knowing he helped the nerds. The could've done a much broader and more interesting story explaining why Davis would even make it a plan to attack Jimmy. Which his unused dialogue explains this. How he notices Jimmy and plans on attacking him.

Same 

Offline ShadowRageEX

• AKA ShadowCorn
    • View Profile
Gary has an unused dodge? Mind uploading a video about it? And johnny was supposed to hang out with Mandy during Complete Mayhem LOL! :wacko:

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Well, the whole premise is that the Bullies just attack and bully a new kid, or really anyone they can get away with...They really don't need a reason.  Russell is purportedly lied to by Gary about Jimmy to set the stage for the Hole Fight, as he also lies to the other Cliques as well (all off-screen).  Unknown just why the Cliques would allow Gary to hang around with him, as he is Non-Clique himself.  Another premise is that Jimmy must fight every Clique Leader in turn to gain the Clique Respect, so that even includes the Nerds.

Just why they put the Hole Fight at the end of the first chapter is anyone's guess....I seemed so backwards to me.  Same goes for Gary's betrayal of Jimmy so early in the game, and then his virtual disappearance for the remainder of the game until the Bell Tower....(Was Gary Smith even going to class all this time ?).  I suppose they couldn't have Jimmy beat Ernest first as they didn't want to give Jimmy a Spud Gun so early in the game.  Another thing that bothers me is, that outside of Russell, Clique leaders are never released to free roam, even after Jimmy beats them.

Through Missions and Errands, Jimmy helps some Clique members, seemingly to no avail.  Another thing is the boy to girl ratio, that is absolutely unrealistic.  There is a token bi-sexual or 'gay' member of each Clique also, and Jimmy is made seemingly bi-sexual himself.....But there are no bi-sexual girls, you won't see 2 girls kissing anywhere in the game.  Then, Jimmy is allowed to get 'Panty Trophies' to hang on the wall in his room, which is ridiculous, since no sex is shown in the game.  And what of the Clique leaders who's girlfriends (Mandy, Lola, Pinky) are cheating with Jimmy ?

Offline Shrimp

• your official b-b's chav. wag wan.
    • View Profile
The Trophy Panty thing is obviously Lola as she alway's acts sexual and wants to give a honk honk to Jimmy's cock along with Johnny.

deadpoolXYZ

Gary has an unused dodge? Mind uploading a video about it? And johnny was supposed to hang out with Mandy during Complete Mayhem LOL! :wacko:

It doesn't have any animations, he just stands in a T pose. However the invincibilty effect still works.

Just why they put the Hole Fight at the end of the first chapter is anyone's guess....I seemed so backwards to me.  Same goes for Gary's betrayal of Jimmy so early in the game, and then his virtual disappearance for the remainder of the game until the Bell Tower....(Was Gary Smith even going to class all this time ?).

Madman said that the story was different during development. In fact Gary made an appearance in all the chapters.

Chapter 1: Most of the missions
Chapter 2: The eggs
Chapter 3: Wrong part of town, the deleted "young love" and "spank me" cutscenes, and possible missions.
Chapter 4: The deleted paddle mission intro cutscene.
Chapter 5: Complete mayhem and final showdown.

Offline ShadowRageEX

• AKA ShadowCorn
    • View Profile
Someone posted about this mission that the school main building was supposed to be locked by the prefects and the jock's was supposed to break it! It would be cool if this happen in the final version!

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
*cough* I did a lot of these years ago :P
http://www.bully-board.com/index.php?topic=14127.msg148857#msg148857

Though it's nice seeing some stuff I apparently missed. :)

Don't even want to talk about Gary... just ugh.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
I found some more:

Line 397:     TextPrintString("Jimmy: Maybe we can steal that bike and crash it against the barricade!", 3, 2)
   Line 399:     TextPrintString("Russell: Sure, I like crushing!", 3, 2)
   Line 401:     TextPrintString("Jimmy: I'll distract the cop, you drive the bike!", 3, 2)
   Line 410:     TextPrintString("Get to the Bike", 5, 1)
   Line 432:     TextPrintString("PLACEHOLDER: Russell crashes against barricade", 3, 2)

This is pretty interesting now.

And about that thing with Johnny:

Line 182:   TextPrintString("Objective: Find Johnny", 4, 1)
   Line 212:   TextPrintString("Greaser: Hey it's Jimmy, Johnny's going to like this...", 4, 2)
   Line 220:   TextPrintString("Norton: You got some nerve showing up here...", 4, 2)
   Line 235:   TextPrintString("Jimmy: What's going on in here loverboy?", 4, 2)
   Line 237:   TextPrintString("Johnny: Oh man... Don't tell Lola, I'll do whatever you want.", 4, 2)

I'll post anything I find here.

It seems like there were a lot of unused minigames, and some tests that were most likely tested on the PS2 version because it says ~L2~ and other buttons from PS2 controller.

Line 16:   TextPrintString("Hold L2 and press LEFT or right on the D-PAD to select a car", 4, 1)
   Line 18:   TextPrintString("Press UP on the D-PAD to spawn said car and release L2", 4, 1)

Line 49:     TextPrintString("Press ~L2~ + ~x~ to create peds again or ~L2~ + ~t~ to quit", 30, 11)
   Line 62:   TextPrintString("", 1, 2)

Line 14:     TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 22:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 24:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Grafitti Cleanup!", 10, 1)
   Line 26:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Lawnmower!", 10, 1)
   Line 36:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 38:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Grafitti Cleanup!", 10, 1)
   Line 40:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Snow Shoveling!", 10, 1)
^^ wtf

BMXRumble I believe was also a minigame.

Line 191:   TextPrintString("Take Out Enemies On Bikes", 3, 1)
   Line 209:   TextPrintString("This is the BMX Rumble, last man standing wins.", 3, 2)
   Line 211:   TextPrintString("Stay on your bike and knock out the other contenders!", 3, 2)
   Line 231:   TextPrintString("That's it, the Rumble is over", 3, 2)
   Line 234:     TextPrintString("Jimmy Wins!", 3, 2)

No idea what this is:
   Line 43:   TextPrintString("LOLA: Wow Jimmy, you really are FAST.", 3)
   Line 45:   TextPrintString("LOLA: Here's your reward...", 3)
   Line 47:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 61:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 73:   TextPrintString("JOHNNY: What do you think you're doing?", 3)
   Line 76:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 81:   TextPrintString("JIMMY: Don't hate the player, hate the game.", 3)
   Line 83:   TextPrintString("", 0)

Soccer minigame?:
   Line 55:     TextPrintString("Objective complete!", 4, 2)
   Line 61:   TextPrintString("Press ~o~ for instructions, ~x~ to continue", 1000, 1)
   Line 66:       TextPrintString("Let's see your soccer skills!", 2, 1)
   Line 68:       TextPrintString("Power up your kick, aim your shot and let 'er rip. ", 3, 1)
   Line 70:       TextPrintString("Hit all 6 red squares before time runs out to advance to the next stage.", 4, 1)
   Line 78:   TextPrintString("", 0, 1)
   Line 119:     TextPrintString("You win!", 4, 1)
   Line 122:     TextPrintString("You lose!", 4, 1)

wtf:
   Line 37:   TextPrintString(l_3_3, 4, 2)
   Line 41:   TextPrintString("Going into scripted cam in 3 seconds", 4, 2)
   Line 76:   TextPrintString("Take a picture of Gord or the fire", 2, {id = l_0_1, type = 2})
   Line 79:   TextPrintString("Color Upgrade", 2, 1)
TPhotoGlass
   Line 36:   TextPrintString(l_3_3, 4, 2)
   Line 48:   TextPrintString("Take a picture of Gord or the fire (you cannot see the fire through the glass).", 2, {id = l_0_1, type = 2})

LOL:
   Line 17:       TextPrintString("HOLYSHIT", 3, 1)
(That's really a line in TPath. you can Hex edit it to see)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:02:23 PM by Unknownsoldier »

deadpoolXYZ

Some of them are cut minigames and other ones just test scripts.

The first one is from bustin' in part 1.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:38:31 PM by The Dream Is Dead »

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
I found some more:

Line 397:     TextPrintString("Jimmy: Maybe we can steal that bike and crash it against the barricade!", 3, 2)
   Line 399:     TextPrintString("Russell: Sure, I like crushing!", 3, 2)
   Line 401:     TextPrintString("Jimmy: I'll distract the cop, you drive the bike!", 3, 2)
   Line 410:     TextPrintString("Get to the Bike", 5, 1)
   Line 432:     TextPrintString("PLACEHOLDER: Russell crashes against barricade", 3, 2)

This is pretty interesting now.

And about that thing with Johnny:

Line 182:   TextPrintString("Objective: Find Johnny", 4, 1)
   Line 212:   TextPrintString("Greaser: Hey it's Jimmy, Johnny's going to like this...", 4, 2)
   Line 220:   TextPrintString("Norton: You got some nerve showing up here...", 4, 2)
   Line 235:   TextPrintString("Jimmy: What's going on in here loverboy?", 4, 2)
   Line 237:   TextPrintString("Johnny: Oh man... Don't tell Lola, I'll do whatever you want.", 4, 2)

I'll post anything I find here.

It seems like there were a lot of unused minigames, and some tests that were most likely tested on the PS2 version because it says ~L2~ and other buttons from PS2 controller.

Line 16:   TextPrintString("Hold L2 and press LEFT or right on the D-PAD to select a car", 4, 1)
   Line 18:   TextPrintString("Press UP on the D-PAD to spawn said car and release L2", 4, 1)

Line 49:     TextPrintString("Press ~L2~ + ~x~ to create peds again or ~L2~ + ~t~ to quit", 30, 11)
   Line 62:   TextPrintString("", 1, 2)

Line 14:     TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 22:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 24:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Grafitti Cleanup!", 10, 1)
   Line 26:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Lawnmower!", 10, 1)
   Line 36:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Garbage Pickup!", 10, 1)
   Line 38:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Grafitti Cleanup!", 10, 1)
   Line 40:       TextPrintString("==>> Next Punishment Mission will be: Snow Shoveling!", 10, 1)
^^ wtf

BMXRumble I believe was also a minigame.

Line 191:   TextPrintString("Take Out Enemies On Bikes", 3, 1)
   Line 209:   TextPrintString("This is the BMX Rumble, last man standing wins.", 3, 2)
   Line 211:   TextPrintString("Stay on your bike and knock out the other contenders!", 3, 2)
   Line 231:   TextPrintString("That's it, the Rumble is over", 3, 2)
   Line 234:     TextPrintString("Jimmy Wins!", 3, 2)

No idea what this is:
   Line 43:   TextPrintString("LOLA: Wow Jimmy, you really are FAST.", 3)
   Line 45:   TextPrintString("LOLA: Here's your reward...", 3)
   Line 47:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 61:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 73:   TextPrintString("JOHNNY: What do you think you're doing?", 3)
   Line 76:   TextPrintString("", 0)
   Line 81:   TextPrintString("JIMMY: Don't hate the player, hate the game.", 3)
   Line 83:   TextPrintString("", 0)

Soccer minigame?:
   Line 55:     TextPrintString("Objective complete!", 4, 2)
   Line 61:   TextPrintString("Press ~o~ for instructions, ~x~ to continue", 1000, 1)
   Line 66:       TextPrintString("Let's see your soccer skills!", 2, 1)
   Line 68:       TextPrintString("Power up your kick, aim your shot and let 'er rip. ", 3, 1)
   Line 70:       TextPrintString("Hit all 6 red squares before time runs out to advance to the next stage.", 4, 1)
   Line 78:   TextPrintString("", 0, 1)
   Line 119:     TextPrintString("You win!", 4, 1)
   Line 122:     TextPrintString("You lose!", 4, 1)

wtf:
   Line 37:   TextPrintString(l_3_3, 4, 2)
   Line 41:   TextPrintString("Going into scripted cam in 3 seconds", 4, 2)
   Line 76:   TextPrintString("Take a picture of Gord or the fire", 2, {id = l_0_1, type = 2})
   Line 79:   TextPrintString("Color Upgrade", 2, 1)
TPhotoGlass
   Line 36:   TextPrintString(l_3_3, 4, 2)
   Line 48:   TextPrintString("Take a picture of Gord or the fire (you cannot see the fire through the glass).", 2, {id = l_0_1, type = 2})

LOL:
   Line 17:       TextPrintString("HOLYSHIT", 3, 1)
(That's really a line in TPath. you can Hex edit it to see)

Good thing someone posted it I never got to posting the test scripts and other beta script lines of code. I thought I could'nt release any information on the scripts due to Madman releasing them soon enough but I can be at ease.

Some of the scrapped mini games were actually scrapped further into development but maybe removed due to them not being fully completed. That is awesome though Snow Shoveling, Garbage Pickup, and Graffiti Pickup. I was messing around with the weapon ped test, I set the ped to be Tethered and set a weapon to them, you also have to add the code so they won't be pushed back from their placement. Kind of works like Davis during The Setup. Hope we can find more though since theirs lot's I know people still don't know about.  :-X

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
There's also some unused lines of greasers mocking Jimmy as he cleans up the graffiti.

It would've been cool if graffiti were more permanent in the game. You see some greaser spray something on the wall, and you know that if you get caught then you'll have to be the one who cleans it up.