News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully 2 News!  (Read 4827 times)

Offline Jessie-Le

• View Profile
Bully 2 News!
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

I came across this article, posted only yesterday! (18th December 2014) It mentions the possibility of a Bully sequel (along with possible sequels to other Rockstar games...)
www.mcvuk.com/news/read/red-dead-redemption-2-or-bully-2-the-issue-is-bandwidth-and-timing-rockstar-says/0143146

Basically, for those who can't be bothered to take a look at the article, Rockstar has recently been asked about a Red Dead Redemption sequel, and they took the opportunity to also mention Bully, saying "we don't always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won't get to them eventually...We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what's to come from Rockstar Games."

I know it's not much, but it's always super encouraging when new quotes from Rockstar even mentioning Bully crop up - shows they're still thinking about it, and that they are aware of the level of fan demand for a new Bully game.

I hope this has raised your hopes somewhat,
~Jessie.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
Re: Bully 2 News!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »
Thanks for bringing it to the board. It's great they are still at least mentioning Bully, but the more successful game RDR is probably what would get done first since they'll make more money from that :/

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
Interesting.
Looks like 2015 will have something neat in store for us. I know that they're porting Red Dead Redemption over to PC, but it is probably more than just that.  :cc_detective:

Offline Jessie-Le

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
RDR is probably what would get done first since they'll make more money from that :/

Unfortunately, I agree. :( I love RDR too - it's a quality game. But I'd treasure a Bully sequel much, much more. More than a lot of games, in fact.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
IDK, with each passing year it just seems less likely to me that there will be a Bully 2 or a Manhunt 3.
Really sad, considering there are games that are much more violent out there.

Offline Reebok

• Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 02:50:55 AM »
I guess I'm one of the few that stands by my opinion when I say Bully is ten times better than Red Dead. Red Dead got boring fast.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
I guess I'm one of the few that stands by my opinion when I say Bully is ten times better than Red Dead. Red Dead got boring fast.

I actually agree with you.
RDR was fun, but it doesn't have much replay value when you've explored everything and completed the main story.
Undead Nightmare was terrible in freeroam without anything to do. The population decreases and it just feels like continuing on is pointless. I also didn't like the little surprise character you get by the end of it. I got bored of that pretty quickly.

Bully just has a certain charm to it that not a lot of other freeroaming games have.

Offline Reebok

• Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »
I've found that a lot of the ones who claim RDR is better than Bully use the argument that the graphics are better. Sure, I don't want to play with an ugly and old game but I'd much rather be on a game with mediocre graphics and high re-playability than a game with awesome graphics and no re-playability. Look at the GTA series for example, while I loved GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas for the fact that I could play them over and over again — GTA 4 and GTA 5 were one time plays for me. I messed around in free roam on both of those titles and then finally beat the story and never played 'em again.

Offline madnesscombatfan212

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 11:39:24 PM »
Thanks for bringing it to the board. It's great they are still at least mentioning Bully, but the more successful game RDR is probably what would get done first since they'll make more money from that :/
It is all about money, these days.
So, we will be waiting a long time for Bully 2, as the Bully fanbase is not as large as that of most other Rockstar franchises.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 12:37:27 PM »
Manhunt 3 confirmed?