News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer  (Read 348061 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
I want a strict roleplay-only game mode. Something like that of LS-RP.

@SWEG — What language are the servers going to be scripted in? Sorry if I've overlooked it in this thread already.

I'll aim for just plain old English. Haven't really thought much about that, to be honest.

Offline Reebok

• Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

@SWEG — What language are the servers going to be scripted in? Sorry if I've overlooked it in this thread already.

I'll aim for just plain old English. Haven't really thought much about that, to be honest.
Lol. I'll take that, seeing as how my question was loosely worded in that direction. What I meant was — what programing language will be used to script in Bully MP? For example, SA-MP uses PAWN.

FaZe

« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
I would guess it would be done in LUA... Although I'm not sure if LUA has online scripting capabilities...
We'll wait for Sweggy to come along..

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
I will host a DM server, Who will be the best of them all?

Offline johnny1248

• ''Ain't no making a fool of Johnny Vincent''
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Can we expect some characters customizations such as changing the name of a character,changing colours of their hair and changing clothes ?

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2014, 12:26:02 PM »
Can we expect some characters customizations such as changing the name of a character,changing colours of their hair and changing clothes ?

This might be really hard since Jimmy is the only customizable ped in the entire game (clothes, hair, tattoos, etc).

If you play any server of multi theft auto where you can choose a ped, cj will be the only character that can be customized. However there is a server in samp (a totally different san andreas online client) that allows you to place "objects" like clothes over your character, which is kinda like customizing but you would be still using the same clothes (since you can't modify the model in-game).
Another method would be to allow custom models of modified peds (again, like mta) in the game, but I don't know if this will be supported.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »
I would guess it would be done in LUA... Although I'm not sure if LUA has online scripting capabilities...
We'll wait for Sweggy to come along..

I imagine Lua would be the most ideal one to use.
I really can't speak for p3ti or Pabloko, but that's my guess.

Offline P3ti

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »

This might be really hard since Jimmy is the only customizable ped in the entire game (clothes, hair, tattoos, etc).

If you play any server of multi theft auto where you can choose a ped, cj will be the only character that can be customized. However there is a server in samp (a totally different san andreas online client) that allows you to place "objects" like clothes over your character, which is kinda like customizing but you would be still using the same clothes (since you can't modify the model in-game).
Another method would be to allow custom models of modified peds (again, like mta) in the game, but I don't know if this will be supported.
Yes, you're right, the only customizable ped is Jimmy and the clothes system only support equiping stuff to the local playerped.
It's possible to tweak the clothes system and put clothes on remote pedestrians (only Jimmy), but we're focusing to other more important things now.
For sure you will be able to use your model and texture mods, but only you will see it.

Wow. This mod will be super amazing. I haven't noticed until now that P3ti is a Hungarian just like me :D

Someone earlier mentioned Freeroam, is it possible to implement NPCs (Peds), that are walking, doing crimes, just like in Bully? I think It would be funny 3-4 Prefects chasing 2 players at the same time :D
Glad to see you here.
I've already talked about it, it takes too much effort to implement. We're making this mod without any support from the developers of the game.

It would be pretty badass. I thought about making a mod where you can enter different houses, but they all lead to apartments in the Tenements, making Jimmy able to roam around in people's homes. Shabby homes.
You will be able to enter all of the interiors what is enabled in Endless Summer mode, but we will disable all singleplayer logic we don't need, for example the shop system, prefects, etc..

The pickups won't give you any item while you're playing Bully Multiplayer and every reward when you pick up a pickup will be disabled, it will just disappear and trigger the scripting event in the server.
Related to server scripting, we're using lua 5.1.4 most of the functions and events will use namespaces and we will start documenting the scripting functions and events on our wiki pretty soon.

I think there should be an option for the admin to enable or disable time (like in samp, where some servers freeze the time) and change the season and weather. But what will happen after 2:00 AM? Suddenly all players fall asleep?  :laugh:
I'm sure there should be a way to make Jimmy stay awake between 2:00 AM and 7:00 AM.
Falling asleep is disabled, setting time, weather, chapter (season) will be possible.

Anyone know about the day to be released ?
When it's done. We need at least a few months, but we will keep releasing screenshots and info.

I hope that every player has the mod to your liking without downloading anything to enter the server, as well as SA-MP.
Yes.

P3TI just felt like giving him a red blip. Enemy blips and ally blips are both assigned the same way, they aren't different functions, it's just a different argument for the blip icon used. There is like 30 icons, some are ally ones and some are red enemy ones.
In the latest build that arrow you've seen over the players is disabled and we're planning to implement player colors like in SA-MP, so the player's blip would have that color too.

Offline Reebok

• Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
Thanks for answering my questions speedy fast everyone.

Offline Douglas8756

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »
Wow, what a genius mod! I can not wait to be playing Bully-MP!

When is the release date ? I'm crazy to play haha... Its It's nice to play bully again! (Sorry my english...)

(Wooow Brazilians here!)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:27:55 PM by Douglas8756 »

Offline Mizok

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
Sure.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
Yes, you're right, the only customizable ped is Jimmy and the clothes system only support equiping stuff to the local playerped.
It's possible to tweak the clothes system and put clothes on remote pedestrians (only Jimmy), but we're focusing to other more important things now.
For sure you will be able to use your model and texture mods, but only you will see it.
It's nothing unusual for ONLY the player to see their texture mods. Most online games are the same.

Offline P3ti

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2015, 08:47:04 PM »

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube