News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer  (Read 349681 times)

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Bully Multiplayer
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:45 PM »
Didn't the original devs say there isn't an official release date?
Can't remember. Maybe. Anyways, that's what I'm going with.

This is a very big project and difficult to accomplish. So it's to be expected that it will take a long time.

Meanwhile, let's keep throwing ideas around.
What do you guys think about Snowball Wars? 10 VS 10 in a big team deathmatch, but with snowballs.
Imagine nerds VS jocks where the jocks have to reach the observatory, but the nerds have occupied it.
hmm New Coventry sounds like a fun place for that.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2014, 05:22:35 AM »
Rooftops on New Coventry? Interesting.
Maybe have a big hide 'n seek in the asylum?

Offline Pabloko

• Bully Multiplayer Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
Well im going to try to ask most questions on this post.

We dont have a release date (short answer). The development is going as we understand how bully and the different systems on it works. We also take some time to rewrite some of the code to make it more stable. So we cannot give any date, but i can tell we dont want this lasting forever, its consuming the most of our free time and we want be as quick as possible. We will post here the release date when we think we can give any, but were aiming to open some kind of testing rounds before release. Will announce more in the future.

Triying to reply to those funny game modes suggested, most of all will be possible to develop with server scripting API, were looking on the suggestions to make sure we exposed enough api to develop these gamemodes will be possible, we expect massive gamemodes as P3ti could incrase the pools up to 100 peds and 200 vehicles the servers will work in MTA like scripting, using lua 5.1.4 (this lua engine has nothing to do with lua scripting present on game, for those who asked). We're working now on a wiki documenting all functions/callbacks server will have.

To reply the most modding questions, we have no plans to redistribute modded game stuff by server like MTA does, we aim to keep it simple at the beggining. Modifications on game scripts will be disabled, also all modifications that give the player advantage on other players will be blocked too. I think texture/skin modding would be acceptable, but we didnt made any decision on it yet.

Offline dimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2014, 06:18:08 PM »

We dont have a release date (short answer). The development is going as we understand how bully and the different systems on it works. We also take some time to rewrite some of the code to make it more stable. So we cannot give any date, but i can tell we dont want this lasting forever, its consuming the most of our free time and we want be as quick as possible. We will post here the release date when we think we can give any, but were aiming to open some kind of testing rounds before release. Will announce more in the future.

Triying to reply to those funny game modes suggested, most of all will be possible to develop with server scripting API, were looking on the suggestions to make sure we exposed enough api to develop these gamemodes will be possible, we expect massive gamemodes as P3ti could incrase the pools up to 100 peds and 200 vehicles the servers will work in MTA like scripting, using lua 5.1.4 (this lua engine has nothing to do with lua scripting present on game, for those who asked). We're working now on a wiki documenting all functions/callbacks server will have.

To reply the most modding questions, we have no plans to redistribute modded game stuff by server like MTA does, we aim to keep it simple at the beggining. Modifications on game scripts will be disabled, also all modifications that give the player advantage on other players will be blocked too. I think texture/skin modding would be acceptable, but we didnt made any decision on it yet.
That'S Perfect!
You can be sure that Bully-MP will be a success as SA-MP and MTA, it is a very good game and that marked the childhood of many people, I want to be here for the beginning of this great Mod!

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2014, 10:09:05 PM »

That'S Perfect!
You can be sure that Bully-MP will be a success as SA-MP and MTA, it is a very good game and that marked the childhood of many people, I want to be here for the beginning of this great Mod!
Marked mine. :D

Offline Damon West

• One day I wanna fight a gorrilla !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2014, 06:19:06 AM »
This is absolutely amazing guys I'm totally having cafeteria food fights ! And brawls  :D lol but I hope I get to play with you guys when everything is officially done  :a-cheer:

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2014, 06:23:29 AM »
This is absolutely amazing guys I'm totally having cafeteria food fights ! And brawls  :D lol but I hope I get to play with you guys when everything is officially done  :a-cheer:

Oh, yes. You will!
I bet more than half of the active B-B members will be on. This mod is huge and I'm even getting Gerry Rosenthal back into my videos again to promote it.

Offline Damon West

• One day I wanna fight a gorrilla !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2014, 06:40:57 AM »
Good idea ! Also you guys should make a video of how to install it for everyone as well

Offline Davidlam

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2014, 05:25:28 AM »
Oh, yes. You will!
I bet more than half of the active B-B members will be on. This mod is huge and I'm even getting Gerry Rosenthal back into my videos again to promote it.
It is cool to see gerry rosental want to promote this mod
But I hope, he wouldn't get sued by rockstar because of it
Cause Gerry don't own any contract with rockstar anymore, since even this MP mod created by modder but it is still rockstar propety and they can still sue someone if they wanted to
But since this is a free mod (no advertising in it & no cost to play it), it should be fine, if gerry help us

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »
Rockstar has no reason to sue Gerry. All he's doing is using freedom of speech to TALK about something someone else made.
Suing him over that would be a violation of his rights and flat-out pointless.

Rockstar has also never sued anyone in the past for making a mod. In fact, mods are what keep their old games fresh and alive.
It'd be very unwise to attack their own community for something that has been working just fine over the years.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2014, 07:54:40 AM »
Rockstar won't sue.

They're aware of modding, hell when GTA IV: San Andreas was released, they put it on the newswire apparantly and that was a big mod.

Offline Potato soup

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:52 AM »
Wow, multiplayer. There will be an opportunity to buy a house?

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2014, 05:30:29 AM »
If you make the mod yourself that would be possible i think.

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
  • A Place for Hope and No Pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
Wow, multiplayer. There will be an opportunity to buy a house?
It's kinda useless dude.. except for Territory Purchase (Autoshop, Harrington House, Northen Vale, Southern Vale, etc) That would be interesting..

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
It would be pretty badass. I thought about making a mod where you can enter different houses, but they all lead to apartments in the Tenements, making Jimmy able to roam around in people's homes. Shabby homes.