News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Just a question about me finding the code or he find it.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Just a question about me finding the code or he find it.
« on: October 25, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
I'm making this because c00l said he talked to other modders about or little "fight"... And for some reason he did not want to name the one he talked too.  And i dont know why he dont want to, lol.  So where else should i ask this?

But please, let me ask my question without starting a fight. 

Back in 2013 i talked to Boss very much, when we was not on B-B so much.  He and i talked about modding, and then he found the player swap code.  He gave it to me because we was friends then. And he know that i wanted it. 

Soo until now, i have known the code and kept it secret because that was the rules that everyone said to me. 

I kept it a secret until i saw every newbie having that code in his/her mod(s).  Soo i asked in a topic if the swap code was released.

Lemon told me that it was released and everyone already knows about it.  So i answered someones question what the code was. 
Then c00l and sorta Lemon attacked me because i did say the code.

---

I have seen Rise in some posts that he says if you find the code on your own then he cant say if you can release it to anyone.  And rise is the finder of this code from the start.

To the question...

I decompiled the bully.exe a while ago (like 2 - 3 months) and i found the swap code. (i got proof of this) And then i said to c00l
While we had our "fight"  That i indeed find this code myself. He asked me "How did you decompile the exe?" And then said that i didn't found the code myself.

Madman wanted people to find stuff on their own instead of begging, and that is exactly what i have done.  So i think i have the right to claim that i found it myself now. Not then, Only now when i have founded it.

What do you all think?  Serious reply's please.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:02:29 PM by Mick3Mouse »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
Re: Just a question about me finding the code or he find it.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
It doesn't matter now.
The code is out there and you should all sort this out outside of the forums.

People want help and topics have been turned into flamewars, with the original topics completely ignored and left behind.

And no, I'm not taking a side.
Sort this out somewhere else.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »
Right now, It doesn't really matter WHO found WHAT first middle or last. Yes Rise found the code at about the same time...however Rise was the first one to figure out exactly how it worked. he then showed me how it worked...etc and not long after that the demo for the player swap mod was released.

DaBOSS then located the function by looking in the demo and later looking thru the disassembled sources for the bully.exe and after a while he figured out how it was used too. While he did use a method that did irritate me a little bit.....to find the function....the function however is not much to go off of unless you either have good lua experience or know how the function code structure is for that particular function and then can figure it out easily enough.

@Mick

I do know that you have disagreed a lot in the past with the methods Rise, I and some others have employed about NOT sharing certain codes with the general public. There is a VERY good reason for all of this. 3 years of hard work went into the PSMM and finding out the code for swapping player models and we noticed a disturbing trend happening here on BB. A LOT of members just simply begging for ALL of the answers to be just handed over to them just like that basicly....we are doing ALL of the hard work and NOT charging a single bit for it, while someone else EXPECTS us to DO all of the work and just hand them the results just like that every single time.

I DO NOT want anyone to ever publicly reveal this code nor do I ever want anyone to publicly reveal any code dealing with manually getting the fighting styles working. I actually want the community to WORK TOGETHER as a friendly unit and discover all of those bits on their own and actually learn something in the process instead of always expecting every single answer to be just handed over like that.

I know this may seem out of character for me....since I am all about sharing code...ideas...projects...etc, but this specific subject is a bad subject for BB and causes way too many conflicts due to how bad people want this bit of code.

Even though the PSMM is cancelled ....I will still stop anyone in their tracks that tries to publicly reveal those bits of information since it will just cause our little community to fall apart and I really do NOT want to see all of my hard work...plus the hard work of the others to be all for nothing in trying to teach the community the value of real teamwork and learning about things rather then just taking the easy route all of the time.

From this point forward...I am enacting a forum wide rule to please NOT discuss the subject of the player code swap unless its a team effort by people to FIND out how this code works on their own and plan on the forum how to go about it. Anyone here that does know this code is asked to please NOT reveal anything about it to anyone and let others find it on their own....once someone finds it on their own they will learn the simple value of doing something on their own or maybe learning how to work with another person instead of all of this senseless conflict.

I and the rest of the staff will from this point forward be basicly handing out some pretty harsh punishments to those that try to cause conflict here about this particular subject.

I am unlocking this topic and I want everyone to THINK carefully before they post in here because I already have warned everyone here about how sensitive this topic even is.

I really don't want to step out of character and turn into a nazi admin here on people that I like a lot and care about. We all are what makes this community a fun place to be and I want to keep it fun....not have constant war zones pop up here due to this or that subject.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:26:51 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
This entire thing should be left alone.
Let it pass away.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
I agree.

If anyone feels like burying the hatchet, then please do so in private.
You don't have to get along, but teamwork is still a very strong factor in the success of this great board. Do we really want to waste it?