News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Enough is Enough / IMPORTANT NOTICE  (Read 12510 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Re: Enough is Enough
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
I dont think "The community was destroyed before i even knew Bully existed"  means that. 

How could you lie to me like that?   

Answer me 明日香明日香明日香

I dont think "The community was destroyed before i even knew Bully existed"  means that. 

How could you lie to me like that?   

Answer me 明日香明日香明日香
Well, it's not like we're friends, so lying to you could be justified

I am going to ask that both of you to PLEASE not argue here or try to start a flame war. If you must argue...then maybe it would be best to do so AWAY from BB since I do also have a job here of trying to keep the peace. Other then AJ I am currently the only active admin who can be here every day and I really don't want to have to spend all of my time diffusing arguments that are plain silly. They never solve anything and just create even more tension between the two or more people involved in arguing...and eventually spreads over to everyone else.

Just asking nicely here.  :blank:

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
mmmokay,  Im sorry i had this fight with you in this topic.    I should done it privatley. 

Sorry everyone. 

Apology accepted M8. :)

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »
:)

Actually this is a topic about the community dieing but.  Anyway

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 12:24:10 AM »
Calm down, Mick.  :neen:

Offline AlphaTech

• LostInSpace
  • The name's AlphaTECH, whatca need help with?! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »
I am not on much but I guess I'll add my two cents to the discussion. When I started their were plenty of mods to look threw at the downloads section plenty that I liked. Modding was never supposed to be about who is better or who can make a already made mod look better then the next one. As for me and Reath we both created mission mods I studied from him onto making my mod which is a nice mod overall but can still be improved in some areas which I already did. I don't think my mod is better then his nor does he think his mod is better than mine it is all about what we can work on together and what team work really creates.

From team work my first custom mission mod was created. Instead of trying to make some strafe look better than the next boring strafe mod try doing some team work and making a custom style or some sort of thing. All I see here now when I come to the community is the same boring mods not to bash peoples mods as I respect they make them and it looks nice but instead of showing it off release how you created it. I will release a source code for my mission mod since others asked for it and I understand why.

I understand where not releasing mega mod source codes because you don't want leechers to steal and take credit. At least try to release a little code from time to time. I hope to see a better community one day where everyone can share codes freely and try to help others. I started from learning from Reath into making more mods from that. He wasn't trying to keep the codes for himself he gave me a code to begin with and let me put in codes by myself kind of like a teacher and student type of relationship. Students can't try to be teachers as to teach you must no more than the teacher kind of like a good fighter teaching a non skilled fighter but the non skilled fighter develops a big ego and thinks he can beat everyone which is same here at this community. A non skilled or starting modder creates a good mod then thinks they can beat the other modding members in creating something better.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I want to see everyone succeed but some people need to learn that they aren't the best. A teacher will always be better than a student, until that student learns everything a teacher knows and can teach others then that student is still a student. Life is about succeeding over your successor in a way that is to help the teacher not try to become the teacher and think your better or more skilled. That is what can get you hurt, thinking your better than everyone until someone says other wise will get you hurt mentally and sometimes physically. It is better to think your almost close to or coming close to your successor instead of thinking your better.   
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:33:02 AM by LostInSpace »

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »
I see so many newbies that are completely unwilling to even attempt to learn ANY of this on their own merits
Based on past experience I can't really blame them. I noticed a problem years ago where the modding community speaks in jargon and makes assumptions that newbies can automatically understand what the hell they're trying to say and getting frustrated when newbies can't understand what to do or what they did wrong. It was no wonder to me why newbies much rather take the easy way and have others do X for them. Yeah, it's not the "right" thing to do but I can completely understand it...

I've avoided this section for years so I haven't any clue if the above as improved or stayed the same (or worsened). But I can say that this section does leak into other parts of the site and it's very annoying to see "who is the best modder??", bragging about being good or better than others and big-headedness in general. Having an ego and acting like a douche makes me (and others I'm sure) shy away from modding (and for me, the site as a whole). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't have much else to say since as mentioned I don't hang around here (I don't mod) but I do know that this section used to be about helping people out and sharing discoveries and NOT being a giant, stupid, petty competition. :euro:

I do realize that a lot of our members are kids or at least still under 18 and most of those members are not mature enough to understand all of the things that are required for a community to really stand out and be great.
The age/maturity remark bugs me for some reason. Maybe because those are skills that many should have been taught or known about early on in one's life?
Apparently people don't know though...

... gonna echo what's already been said: go read Madman's posts as he has very good points and please actually make an effort to make a change. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:36:54 PM by 🐢 »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 05:21:45 PM »
mmmokay,  Im sorry i had this fight with you in this topic.    I should done it privatley. 

Sorry everyone.

It's okay, Mick.
We all lash out at times, but if shit hits the fan then try to play the more mature part. It often works out better that way.