News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Pink Textures  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
  • A Place for Hope and No Pain
    • View Profile
Pink Textures
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
So I've done a lot of retexture in the game, it worked fine for a a while, then after i restart the game, it has pink texture! I followed every step on SWEGTA's skin editing tutorial, but I got pink texture! please help..

Summon the B - B Gods lol

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: Pink Textures
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 02:46:27 PM »
You probably didnt replaced the nfts  right.

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 03:05:51 PM »
I did all these steps:

- Extract .nft folder
- rename it to .nif
- open it with NifSkope
- right click the first line
 -> Texture
     -> Export
-Edited the .tga files
- Save As (I clicked default just like Swegta's tutorial
- Go to nifskope again
- Right Click the first line
   -> Texture
       -> Choose
- I choose the .tga files I just edited
- Save As .nft folder (replace exsisting)
- Deleted the NifPixelData (or something like that. Just like Swegta's)
- Save As again. (Replace again)
Rename it to .nft file
- Moving the .tga files inside Texture folder
- Move the Texture folder to C Drive
- Replace the .nft file in world.img
- Rebuild Archive
- Done

Result : Pink ...

Am I doing something wrong?

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 03:09:22 PM »
Pink textures are caused because the stored paths for where the textures were imported from are all messed up and as a result the textures cannot be found/loaded. If you give me a few days...I will outline a detailed tutorial to explain how to do texture modding without even editing the world.img constantly as I have figured out how to run BULLY "unpacked" as it were when it comes to the world.img. I also know how to edit the textures without even messing with the world.img constantly but this also requires the steps of unpacking the entire world.img....editing EACH of the .nft nifs and then repacking a brand new world.img using my bully img toolkit and then you can simply just edit the actual textures directly and then simply go ingame to see what you edited....this is a great way to do testing first....to make sure any and all textures are working flawlessly...before later on repacking them the normal way in the .nft nif containers.

I can explain every step of this since I know every single step of editing textures files perfectly in BULLY......heh.

I also need to upload my archive of every stock texture already organized neatly in the original folders rockstar used as well as their original .dds format.

Due to how nif containers reference the textures....I have a special explorer plugin I wrote a couple years ago that lets you double click on a .dds file and it instantly makes you a brand new .tga in the proper format. TGA files are tricky to mess around with because of the way the header stores the color and bit information dealing with the texture and if you don't save these a certain way....they simply will not load at all.

I also have my own version of the .dds photoshop plugin that I have in turn edited and fixed so that it works perfectly for editing BULLY .tga texture files without screwing all that information up.

I just never got around to releasing this stuff for everyone to use.......chalk that up to too much going on in real life for me to remember...hehe.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:15:48 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Gerry Vengeance

• RSK the First
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »
I just need help for my pink texture problem

Offline Bellic19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 04:23:53 AM »
basicly when you put the textures in the .nft file the game will find the texture in whatever folder it was in originally. When you move it to the "textures" folder the game cant find the texture. Thus, it shows up pink. To resolve this problem, just DON'T move the textures to the textures folder