News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: How do Action Nodes Work?  (Read 12716 times)

Offline Reath

• View Profile
Re: How do Action Nodes Work?
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
You don't really read it, you just have to see what goes in what order and try different paths.
If you look around you can see things  like /Offense/Special/SpecialActions/ExecuteNodes/DashLoco . The actual move won't have Executenode path. But this example will make him run. You just have to figure out what needs to load before you load something else, etc...

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »
You don't really read it, you just have to see what goes in what order and try different paths.
If you look around you can see things  like /Offense/Special/SpecialActions/ExecuteNodes/DashLoco . The actual move won't have Executenode path. But this example will make him run. You just have to figure out what needs to load before you load something else, etc...

So, you just keep looking until you find a path like that one?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I gave up.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:08:10 PM by Screenracer »

Offline Reath

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »
They won't always be full paths. But that one should give you an idea. Once you find a path that includes a move name at the end, you have to see what would be loaded before it. If the path were just Special/SpecialActions/ExecuteNodes/DashLoco I could try adding the offense path to it, and see if that works. You know it should include /Grapples/ for both his throatgrab and probably his axekick. Since they are special moves, it'll need probably /Special/SpecialActions/

And his axekick might require heavyattacks

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
Hold up, I just realized that the throatgrab I gave the script is actually the one used in the cutscene to The Rumble mission. Thats why my victims never get up after it. Does anyone have any idea where the non cutscene one is?

Offline Reath

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
You can find other nodes in scripts.img with a hex editor. I'll PM you on the throatgrab node