News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: on bully ps2 is there anyway i can get gary in free roam?  (Read 6342 times)

Offline asdfghjklh12

• View Profile
on bully ps2 is there anyway i can get gary in free roam?
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
I was just wondering because he's one of my favorite characters.

Offline Nanomachines,son

• i feel good mmmmmmmm
  • i feel good mmmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: on bully ps2 is there anyway i can get gary in free roam?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
no. you need to have a pc and hack him into the game

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:25:42 PM »
you can, but it's harder...

I suggest getting the PC version instead, easier to mod + it looks better then PS2 (even on minimum settings, due to it using a different game engine)

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
I heard of a glitch in the PS2 version that causes Gary to sometimes appear in the School and in Blue Skies, but in all my years of playing the PS2 version, I never saw this glitch occur.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:13:40 AM by PainTrain »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
I heard of a glitch in the PS2 version that causes Gary to sometimes appear in the School and in Blue Skies, but in all my years of playing the PS2 version, I never saw this glitch occur.

From bully wikia:

In Bully, Gary could be seen occasionally on campus or at Blue Skies Industrial Park. This glitch was fixed in later copies of the original game (Greatest Hits) and the enhanced Scholarship Edition.

Maybe you don't have one of the older copies of the game.

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:34:28 PM »
I have the PAL "normal" copy of the game (not the "Greatest Hits" - or "Platinum", as they were known by in the Uk - version), and I've never spotted Gary round there either.

In fact, the only times I actually see Gary about are in the scripted encounters.  Same with Petey.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:43:46 PM »
The bug appears in the original bully which was called: Canis Canem Edit...which Rise and I both have actually.

I actually at some point plan to see if I can decompile some of the files from that since the files for the beta boys dorm are actually still intact in that version of the game.....at least from what I was able to find when I explored the copy Rise sent to me.

At any rate....even tho I am not yet back to modding...I did start work on restoring the beta boys dorm manually to teh game and have the dorms loaded up at this minute in 3ds max and will manually reconstruct the beta dorm using the girls dorm files and just reskin it with the boys dorm textures and pop it back into the game.

The ps2 version however can be modded on almost the same level as the pc version provided you have access to or own a modded ps2/ps3 that can play home burnt game discs and also depends on how well you understand how to mod the ps2 format of the game discs.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »
Glad to hear that the Beta Boy's Dorm is still an active project.
Didn't Hal also have some lines where he mentions Russell, but this was removed?

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »

From bully wikia:

In Bully, Gary could be seen occasionally on campus or at Blue Skies Industrial Park. This glitch was fixed in later copies of the original game (Greatest Hits) and the enhanced Scholarship Edition.

Maybe you don't have one of the older copies of the game.

Yes, I have read that, and I own the "normal" version of the game.

Didn't Hal also have some lines where he mentions Russell, but this was removed?

I'm almost sure the Russell line is just a mishearing. I could had swear he was saying something around Russell when I was new to the game, which always made me wonder "What does that guy have to do with Russell?" After finding out what he really says ("After I'm done hitting you, I gonna sit on you") and improving my english, I never  "heard" him saying Russell again. I also always thought he was saying "I gonna shit on you".

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 12:54:04 PM »
The bug appears in the original bully which was called: Canis Canem Edit...which Rise and I both have actually.

I actually at some point plan to see if I can decompile some of the files from that since the files for the beta boys dorm are actually still intact in that version of the game.....at least from what I was able to find when I explored the copy Rise sent to me.

At any rate....even tho I am not yet back to modding...I did start work on restoring the beta boys dorm manually to teh game and have the dorms loaded up at this minute in 3ds max and will manually reconstruct the beta dorm using the girls dorm files and just reskin it with the boys dorm textures and pop it back into the game.

The ps2 version however can be modded on almost the same level as the pc version provided you have access to or own a modded ps2/ps3 that can play home burnt game discs and also depends on how well you understand how to mod the ps2 format of the game discs.

When I started playing bully I noticed that the loading screens in my game had the B U L L Y letters spinning in the corner of the screen but my friends game had the bullworth academy logo spinning instead. The version with the logo is the first version of the game?
Does it also have the removed fighting moves like the belly bounce?

Offline Vaidas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »
Yeah, that's not big deal. some copies are like that. Bully (ps2) Part 1 You can see his game B U L L Y logo is spinning too in 2:16

Offline Bigfoot

• Public alias - Gunbladelad
  • I can't afford a razor...
    • View Profile
    • Freelancer : Mostly Harmless Forums
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
I know on my copy of Canis Canim Edit for the PS2, it's the bullworth logo, while on the Wii Scholarship Edition, it does spell out "bully"

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 09:59:51 PM »
The logo differences are primarily different just due to the game release itself being for a different country/console and really have no special impact.

I can actually give the pc version of bully teh same spinning logos the console versions have. All of the code that makes that possible is fully intact in the pc version.

The pc version is just basicly a quickly ported version of the console edition and while messy retains almost all of the same code with canis canem edit being the one with the most features and code.

I was actually considering at one time taking the best stuff from teh console versions and adding them back in to the pc version to make a hybrid version of the game which would give the same feel as the console editions of bully.