News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: World.img backup  (Read 15721 times)

Offline Craig Tucker

• We,ve drawn a blank
  • I suck at creating scripts
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
Re: World.img backup
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
why does it take 1 day?

Offline Mick3Mouse

• Obam3mouse
  • Bullworth Junkie
  • Major Mick3Mouse Algie Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 03:26:34 AM »
Cuz its a big file.  it contains evry texture in the game.  well most of it, liek   97% of the textures

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »
I re-installed Bully entirely, went faster then the download rofl.

Also with the piracy discussion, I think it's only illegal when it includes the Bully.exe

Sorry for the bump, guys.
But I'm really interested in seeing what you guys think of the fps cap remover. It is a Bully.exe file after all.

Offline Ky

• <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »
Thanks dude , You help me .

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
If you want to be technical about it all....sharing ANY stock file from the game can be considered piracy since all of it is copyrighted material. However, since we are modding various things...that puts it into sorta a grey area and as such is open to interpretation.

I know of some companies that consider modding to be a big copyright violation...(can anyone say ea games?) where others embrace it as a way to make more money since it gains them far more dedicated fans.

Rockstar has been back and forth about modding due to the whole 'hot coffee' mod from the san andreas modding community which made them tighten down all of their games to make modding much harder...but NOT impossible.

This is just like the mega mod that I am working on. This will be modding nearly every file in teh game and to get around the whole copyright violation/piracy part I will be distributing the mod most likely in the form of one giant patch system that will patch a completely stock bully (steam or retail) and 'install' the entire mod since distributing the entire world.img can be considered a form of piracy since if you think about it....if someone was to download each of the 'file backups' one at a time from here that many others have posted long before....and put it all together...they would have a nearly complete and full working game.

I may have to talk with the staff to revise the rules regarding what files can be distributed and if they can't then work out with everyone here a very friendly method for distributing certain mods. This will make sure that anyone downloading certain files has at least a full copy of the game on their system and well...if it IS pirated...then it is their choice and I actually can understand why piracy exists....it doesn't exist for the intention to harm the companies...but rather because most companies put their stuff so out of reach of most people that piracy is the only way to even get things.....even though I have not pirated anything in ...probably 20 years now....and can get nearly anything I want free of charge or at a very good discount....not everyone can do the same thing.

Offline boyser

• Wazzzuuupppp
  • THE REAL G IS ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
YO this doesn't finish my internet is done >:(

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
YO this doesn't finish my internet is done >:(

You can make a request for an individual backup for the file you fucked up n' someone may send it to you.

With the piracy discussion. I'm pretty sure the 60FPS patch was released by some guy at Rockstar that worked on the RAGE engine right? If so, he could release it since he is indeed part of Rockstar. I'm not saying this as fact because I'm not a genius with how copyright technically works with this but just a thought since he is part of Rockstar.

Offline Mistha_J

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 11:34:53 PM »
does anyone have a World img cause i fucked up mine :(

Offline Micha

• Intelectual Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2021, 04:02:12 AM »

I think the easiest thing in your case at this point if you have Bully on Steam, is to delete the world file and verify the integrity of your files for Bully.  This option is located in options once you select Bully in your library under the section properties. If everything goes right this should restore your world.img good as new. If you do this make sure to have a backup of your mods though since I'm not sure if doing this might end up deleting them.

Offline Cat_N_Flammen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 10:20:16 AM »
I can give you link to yandex.disk with file if this needed.