News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: New Bully-Board theme!  (Read 27046 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
Re: New Bully-Board theme!
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »
Oh, there are some features I do like (such as the Calender, never had that before, that's really neat).  Not having any problems with 'slow-loading' myself, seems about the same as before.  The letters in the posts seem 'skinnier' somehow, not as 'fat' as before.  Not sure if this is font size or not....I don't know what the default size was before.  The darker text screens are easier on the eyes, to be sure, I did like the blue of the 'Classic' site a lot.....Could be because the rich blue invokes a more peaceful feeling (?). 

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:23 AM »
Looking good AJ.

Glad you tried my suggestion on changing the text around. You are right that it does seem a tad bit off. Try this color in the theme stylesheet and see how this looks: #021a32 as this is the actual color code itself that is used in the majority of my bully artwork and I have used that color with .css stylesheets with pretty good results.

Otherwise the theme is well done and gives BB a much more modern feel to it.

Never experienced slow loading ever on BB since I have a very good connection, as far as the avatar settings goes...this is pretty much what I did on every forum I hosted or was admin on since sizes larger then that can cause things to slow down for some users...namely on threads that have 100's of posts..etc.

btw AJ....I hope you did not take offense at my feedback earlier since I was not complaining or anything like that. I just cant help myself when it comes to giving feedback whether it is on art or on forum themes.....since I happen to be a web designer myself (more years then I care to mention) and I just have a critical eye for little details like that....lol. Just ask anyone here who knows me well how critical I am on details and they will tell you a good bit  :biggrin:

I will state that I am very glad to see activity from your corner since that shows that you care a lot about keeping BB going and that is one of the marks of a good admin. So keep up the good work m8 and if you ever need or want help on anything regarding any possible work on BB in the future (providing I still have a internet connection by that time and am still around) I am more then willing to offer my services to you as a friend, staff member and coder. I just cant help but try to contribute as much as I can to the forum and community while I still can make a difference.  8)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
One thing I did notice missing is the Flag (country of origin) that shows up with the posts.

I believe it to be important, as there are certain cultural differences that sometimes makes understanding what some members are posting difficult.  I usually take note of the member's country as I post answers to them, as knowing where they are from is helpful to me in understanding what they might be posting, and helpful in making my response. 

It's also a nice showcase that we are a Global Board of Bully.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:01:59 AM by BloodChuckZ »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:53 AM »
^Billy?

Also I noticed the "Hide from Suspicious Visitors"-option when posting. Is that new too?

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:47 AM »
Oh....Ha ha.  "Billy, Don't A Hero....."
Damn U and I are too close together on dis keyboard.

What suspicious visitors ?  Where dey at ?

Offline KING DP

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
Alright,this site is great but 1 question
Who is the leader and second in command of B-B?

Offline Mohamed The Kowalski

• I'm too cool to be a dork, and I'm too dorky to be anything else.
  • Elitist
  • Peter Kowalski, headboy of Bullworth Academy
    • View Profile
    • Arabic Bully Wikia
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
AJ, you've done a perfect work. The board looks very modern and cool in this new look, but I'd have to go with the old one. Don't take me wrong, I LOVE the new theme, and you're a great designer, but I just don't like changing things and it takes me a long time to get used to new things, so I'll still use the old theme as it's available, although I will use the new theme sometimes to get used to it if anything happens to the old theme. Great work, AJ!

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »
Google could learn a thing or two from AJ.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
Alright,this site is great but 1 question
Who is the leader and second in command of B-B?

Since AJ is the leader....Chrissy technically would be the second in command. That would make me third in command if you go by staff positions and such with the rest of the staff following in their respective slots...

Tho if I have that wrong...then please feel free to correct me.  :biggrin:

Offline Phap

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
Facebook > Bully Board

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 05:04:23 AM »
^Bully-Board > Facebook.
This website is free from annoying trolls, teenage brats bragging about getting pregnant, unfunny jokes, "Like this to support this child who has cancer"-posts, stolen jokes, etc etc etc...

Bully-Board is by far one of the best communities I have ever been on, if not THE best.

Offline KING DP

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:21 AM »
^Bully-Board > Facebook.
This website is free from annoying trolls, teenage brats bragging about getting pregnant, unfunny jokes, "Like this to support this child who has cancer"-posts, stolen jokes, etc etc etc...

Bully-Board is by far one of the best communities I have ever been on, if not THE best.
no its seriously the best,it changed my life,it gave me friends but FB is full of crap people

Offline Walter20210

• I keep loving the old things :P
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
AJ you did a really good work, It looks pretty awesome. also and i'm glad you're back.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:29:55 AM by Walter20210 »

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »
Every time I got a private message there was a number like this [1] next to "my messages" that allowed me to know.
Bring this back! D:

Offline GaryHarrington

• A Guy Who Likes Open World and FPS Games
  • Just Love Bully and GTA ...Nothing Interested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 11:02:22 PM »
Cool