News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Poll

What Should I do After The Never Ending Story Is Done ?

Start writing another long story that will take 4 years to finish.
0 (0%)
Take a nice long vacation in the new Bullworth I created.
5 (62.5%)
Campaign to have RockStar make Bully 2 based on my story.
1 (12.5%)
Call my Alien friends to beam me up.
1 (12.5%)
GTFO and never come back.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: After The NES  (Read 8244 times)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
After The NES
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:19:47 AM »
Hello there, Peeps.  It's come to my attention that I've never made a poll in all the time I've been here, and since I dislike zeros on my stats (unless they come after a higher number, like 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, et al), here a a poll for everyone to enjoy. 

Since I actually (this time) am slogging to a finish of the NES after 4 years, I'm sorta at a loss about what to do afterwards.  I wanna get done by the end of the year, so we'll see how close I come.  Unlike the last time I 'finished', I'm NOT gonna write any more chapters, like I stupidly did after I was good and done in July 2012.  I thought then that I'd just maybe attach a short chapter that I could bang out in a couple months or so.  But no, I hadda go hog wild and make a big production out of it.

Well, no more.  The only way to break my addiction to an Endless Story is....To End It !!  So, I thought, why not solicit some opinions on what project I should take on next (if any).  Not that I'm gonna have the slightest intention to do as this poll suggests, as I'll probably get obsessed on some other thing, cause that's just the way I am.  Still, it would be fun to see what you all think.  If any of the above choices doesn't appeal to you, just pick something else and tell me about it below. 

Have Fun, and keep those suggestions coming.   

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
Re: After The NES
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »

And never come back.

Nah, in all honesty, I think you should take a well deserved break at first, and then stick to writing short stories. (So long as they don't turn into another NES....)

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »

Pretty much describes what I think about this.
How can the NES come to an end?.....
Its the "Never Ending Story" after all.
Anyway I chose "Take a break at bullworth" or smth.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:36:54 AM »
It seems the people have spoken, and thank the spirits that no one picked option 1.  Since this is the first time I have written such a horribly long story, I'm glad it will be the last time I write such a horribly long story.  Not that I think the story is horrible, you understand, just the length of it.

I've been sort of living in Bullworth these past few years.  You can see that early on, I wasn't as descriptive about the places where events were taking place or the people doing those events.  It wasn't until about Chapter 3 that really started doing that.  I do have some re-writes of Chapter 1 & 2 that I hope to post up when I'm finished, there's an extra 9K words in them, as I attempted to repair the discontinuity of those early chapters.  However, I wrote those 2 years ago, so I'll have to review them first.

But I digress.  What I meant to say is that the story itself has forever altered my view on Bullworth.  I'll never again think of "Bully" without thinking of the story, and in fact I often intertwine the two as if all of it was fact.  I believe this stems from my ability to remember the written word much more than the visual experience.  And that comes from the vast amount of reading I've done over the years of the old Sci-Fi, Horror, and Mystery-Detective masters of the past (and a few that are still around, like King).  The written book has much more effect on me than does a movie or game about that book, and that's due to imagination.

It seems to me, more than any other thing, that a true writer actually 'lives' his stories.  I think of the Vale Valley as almost a real place, just like somewhere I have been and lived at over time.  It's really weird, cause I know it's not, but that is how it is.  I think that the combination of the Game (visual) and the story (imagination) have made it so.

An author also exhibits God-like powers over his characters, and although I've put my characters (inherited and created) through a lot, all will be well in the end, for most of them (Others, well, let's just say I believe in Karma & Payback).  So, I've broken down a few and provided a glimpse into their lives and feelings, for what is a story about unless you get to know the characters ?  Love them or Hate them, it's always so much easier when you know them.   

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
I actually would prefer to translate my visions directly into a moving picture of some sort. In other words, having visuals to compliment my story.

This is where MadmaN has the advantage over us.

Btw, I voted you take a break. On one hand, you wouldn't want to get into an obsession.

But on the other hand, if you feel that you still have a lot of ideas, why stop writing? After a nice break, you can continue writing.

Why else are series divided into different books?  ;)

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:05:42 AM »
Well....I will probably always write.  But not to the extent as I did here.  Shorter, smaller stuff, to be sure. 

But when the NES is done, it's done for sure this time.  To make sure, I'm gonna attach an Epilog to erase any doubt.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »
It's occurred to me that I never wrote about Betty Breast, which I meant to do to compliment my short story about Tommy Testicle.  However, there is a problem....While I do have Balls, I don't have Boobs (yet), so it's difficult to know how they might react to life, like Tommy did.

In short, I know some of the problems Betty would have to face, but certainly not all of them.  So, while I actually wrote about Tommy quickly over the course of a couple of nights, it would take far, far longer to fashion a story about a body part I don't have. 

I'm thinking it should be about a Breast who is pissed off at the kind of life she must have to lead, all the stupid shit she has to put up with, both internally and externally.  Since I don't 'own a pair', this will be difficult to write about.  But, I might be willing to try, after I finish the NES.

Anyway, suggestions might be helpful.   

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 04:57:07 AM »
Or....I might write about Jimmy's summer between Bully and the start of the NES.  Maybe.
It's just something I've been kicking around.  Might be fun to write about that big badass ex-Punk Darrell and just how he gained control of the Townies after he Murdered Gary and Edgar (a crime that got pinned on Jimmy)....And how his warped mind obsessed over Zoe and drove him to rape her (described in Chap. 2 of the NES), which led to her final revenge on him, with the help of Trent.  Story would be sort of a "Prequel" to the NES, and while I usually loathe prequels, I might do it.  Might.

But then again....I look at this 'short' attachment to the finished NES, after I was done with it the first time (which was originally going to be just 5 chapters), and how it was only intended to be a 'sequel' of 1 chapter about Tony's summer after Bullworth, and what a monster it's turned out to be.....I had to split it into 2 chapters, and together they alone are going to comprise more than 1/3 of the total NES.

So, I don't know.  I'd have to go into a lot of side stories, like Russell leaving the Bullies in Trent's  control, and what made Johnny leave Lola behind and go to Detroit, and what happened to get Ernest sent to a sex-addiction clinic, why Karen had to seek the protection of the Jock's Clique, The departure of Beatrice to a Prep Med School, and much more.

So, that would be a commitment of about another year of writing, me thinks.
So....IDK.  Betty Breast seems more appealing right about now.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 04:58:40 AM by BloodChuckZ »

Offline Nanomachines,son

• i feel good mmmmmmmm
  • i feel good mmmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:18 AM »
you should take a break

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »
Maybe.  I should.  There IS other projects I should be doing in RL. 
Not as exciting as a made-up story, to be sure....But something I was working on for years before the NES that was never fully finished.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
Well, here it is, the next summer later, and I'm still not finished.  Bummer.  And worse, I've slowed down on my posts to the story.  Unforgivable.  I should be shot.

Already, Chapter 9 is just about as long, wordwise, as Chapter 1.  And I still got about 4 sub-plots to resolve.  I know, I just can't help it.  Maybe a Chapter 10 would cure my Bullworth Illness.  But I doubt it.

The Thread keeps piling up numbers, so there is SOMEBODY still reading (probably robots).  I've decided though, for sure this time, NOT to set up any more plots, past what there already is.  Although, it is tempting to do so with many of the characters I've neglected. 

Anyhow, the end is coming soon, I hope to promise.  Soon Enough......Soon Enough.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
Well, that was funny, wasn't it ?
What I wrote last year, and the year before it.
Goddam hilarious.

Even funnier now that the NES is finally done.
Only ten months ago, I was gonna be done soon.  What a laugh.
Wasn't gonna create any more plots, and then I went and created another plot.
If I were actually doing this for a living, I'd been fired a long time ago, since paid writers have to work on a schedule.

Anyway, it's going on three weeks now, since I put the last post in place.  And you know what ?
I'm gonna take the Summer off.  Seriously.  Have some fun.  No more agonizing over getting the Story done.

Doubt if I'll ever get famous for it, like some magical kinda story in seven volumes, but hey.....It was a real blast.
I still wanna put in the upgrades for the early chapters.  But right now.....I'm just gonna enjoy myself.
Recess.

Offline DahCobra33

• Decepticon
  • I don't deal with psychos,I put em' away...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:24 AM »
Well,enjoy your vacation! But don't leave the Board mate!
At least for us you're famous! Never stop doing your amazing job!!!
But fortunately,I haven't read much at all since a lotsa time(yeah,school is tying my patience),but well,I have a lot to read,so don't spoil me or.................Say farewell to your cookies

Offline Owais Qadri

• Gerjaffers
  • I Love Sunny Days.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
Enjoy

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 05:46:16 AM »
Ok, I been doing the Re-Writes, Edits, & Additions, and they have been added to Chapters 1 & 2 of the NES. 
These are taking about 2 weeks each and are a real drag.  It'll get easier after Chapter 3, as the story started to smooth out about then.

Anyway, I'm up to Page 22, or about Post 315, as Nick has shown up at the School.  I'll be a couple weeks smoothing out Chapter 3 before moving on. 
Read the reworked text so far and see what you think.