News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully 2 With MP?  (Read 5390 times)

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
Bully 2 With MP?
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »
As we all know, most developers today are implementing online multiplayer features into their games, including R*. Some find this feature to be a selling point for games, and some find that it deteriorates the quality of games.

I think it would be interesting to have such a feature in Bully 2 if done right. To have some form of co-op would be nice. What do you folks think it would be like if R* was to add MP to the next Bully title?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:34:40 PM by King Cobra »

Offline residenteviloutbreak

• Go away.
  • "Did someone crap in your bed?"
    • View Profile
Re: Bully 2 With MP?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 06:00:19 PM »
I personally would rather them NOT. They should focus on making the game one of their best games. Leave multiplayer to other franchises. MP ruins good single player experiences imo.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
I personally don't care for multi-player games.....And certainly not for Bully. 

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
I have high expectations for the next title, especially after all of the time we've waited. I wouldn't mind if any form of MP was added or not, long as the overall experience is good.

I think co-op could be a good thing to have. Bully can be a really fun game to play alone, but I think it would be even more fun to play with others.

Offline Hopking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
CO-OP would be the only multiplier that'd fit with such a game, in my opinion. If they do co-op, i just hope that doesn't water down any missions.

Offline Duxfever

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:25:29 AM »
It's going to happen. Especially since Bully is an open-world game, I'd imagine R* would want to take full advantage of that.

I'd expect the usual. The least we'll get is an online free roaming experience, and even able to have our own customizable characters. I think what they're going to do is basically make the singleplayer portion multiplayer, which might be what they're going to do with GTA V's online MP. Their calling it "Grand Theft Auto Online" which sounds pretty big.

And with competitive multiplayer, I'm not really sure how it would work, but it could.

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 04:26:53 AM »
Bully 2 would be a free roam game, and at this time most free roam games have a multiplayer mode.

GTA IV executed this feature HORRIBLY. But R* may have hopefully learned their lesson.
Again, I really hope for a Bully 2 free roam mode. Or a Bully 2 at all.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »
Most of the open world games from R* have MP in them, the GTA series and Red Dead Redemption are two. It's become a popular trend for most open world games in general have MP features. I somewhat expect to see MP in the next Bully, whether we want it or not.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:37:54 PM by King Cobra »

Offline perfectozzyozborne

• -Bully_Forever-
  • Hello, My name is Yes-Man,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »
I would hate to see Bully have MP. It was ok with the GTA Series but with bully. they would focus on the MP instead of the single player. Making the game horrible.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
I don't think it would make the game horrible. Some games out there are great with both MP and single player. I trust that if anyone can make a good balance of MP and single player it's R*.

Having MP featured in a game can sometimes detract from the focus on single player, so adding MP is something that should taken into consideration before doing it. MP can seem like a great feature on paper but give different results when applied to the game.

Offline residenteviloutbreak

• Go away.
  • "Did someone crap in your bed?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
Seems to be a bit mixed on this.

Rockstar DOES always make good MP, but i would not risk it. Bully is perfect and is single player. Rockstar is starting to show their "Greed" with GTA V with the exclusive dlc and pre order DLC.

I mean... they are now doing clothing and gun DLC... just wow.
Those type of DLC are the pinnacle of stupidity.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50:10 PM »
The GTA series has been around far longer than Bully. Bully 2 has yet to come and the GTA series is still getting games. GTA is where R* makes a lot of their income from.

GTA V is the biggest game of that series yet. It has been getting hyped up along with the new GTA Online. This series has a big enough fanbase and reputation that they know people will buy the DLC for it. I myself will be getting the collector's edition.

They might go along the same lines for Bully, but Bully can't even be called a series at this point. I think the reason they're doing these things with GTA V is due to the magnitude of the game and the series. It gives an opportunity for R*. Bully wouldn't really give that same opportunity, but with how long people have waited, I wouldn't be surprised if people fell for anything.

Offline KirbyOlsenLikesFeet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »
NO MULTIPLAYER! Leave that to GTA V. I think Rockstar should focus on making an unbelieveably realistic game with a great and realistic story. I think it should keep the same premise, and focus on the a single-player game that is very realistic and has a very interesting story to it.

GTA V Multiplayer is going to be amazing though... Actually the whole game itself is going to be amazing. Hopefully it can be sort of a stepping stone as to what type of features we can expect in Bully 2.

Offline DaBOSS54320

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »
2 words to simply reply to this.

HELL YEAH!

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »
Seeing what can be done with GTA V it makes you wonder what can be done with the next Bully. GTA V is a current gen game though. If we were to see another Bully, I don't think it would be on current gen.

If anything it would be next gen, which means R* will need to figure out how to get the maximum potential out of the upcoming consoles. If anything they would be doing that already since dev kits for next gen were distributed quite a while back.