News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Why the Greasers?  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Parker Ogilvie

• "Derby says I'm cool, so it must be true!"
    • View Profile
Why the Greasers?
« on: August 05, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »
Honestly, I promise that this thread is in no way intended stir up arguments, but I just don’t really understand why the Greasers get so much more stock than the other cliques.

As far as I can see, the game is completely unbiased towards each of the cliques. Sure, some characters are portrayed in a better light than others, but the cliques seem to be in relatively equal favour. So why are the Greasers so popular, and consequently, the Preps so disliked?

I don’t hold a massive grudge against the Greasers aside from their outrageously unfair fighting style, but as far as I can see, they’re just a bunch of messy throwbacks. Johnny is obviously completely unstable and his reputation as a good fighter is demolished by the fact his girl treats him like an utter tool, causing even the non-clique students to laugh at him behind his back. It makes a pretty good plot but I don’t see what makes them so particularly likable.

While the Preps just to hold an amused and contemptuous view on them. The Greasers behaviour back towards the Preps seems to be fuelled on pure hatred. I mean, don’t you actually find them a little threatening? ...walking around campus carrying wooden 2 by 4’s and bricks, they’re nearly as bad as the townies!

As for the Preps, obviously no-one likes a stuck-up attitude, but they’re just so much more than that. Most inherently wealthy people are complete snakes, but the Preps actually box, they get out there and face the world with a pair of fists rather than lounging in their garden. Why are they so unpopular with the majority?

Again, I’m honestly not trying to start a conflict, I guess I’m just curious after seeing all the “What’s your favourite Greaser” and “The life of Johnny Vincent” threads. What is it you like so much about the Greasers over the more every-kid cliques like the Bullies and the Jocks?

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
Re: Why the Greasers?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
Let me explain :

Johnny Vincent is popular by bully fans for his amazing and effective fighting styles, also his personality.

The greasers themself are popular since they are the "Bad Boys" type of guys, but with a soft side along the story.

Johnny Vincent and his group are considered "Handsome" and "popular" by school girls.
Even tho, the Jocks are the most popular in the school, most of the fans seem to like the greasers more, for their bad boy attidute I'd guess.

Offline Reu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
Aren't the Greasers the only Clique that wasn't really...manipulated by Gary to hate Jimmy in the first place?

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
Although that is true, they still DID get manipulated by Gary, joining the riot and fighting Jimmy, therefore helping Gary in his goals. I guess they just didn't get manipulated as outright as the Nerds did, or the Townies.

Offline Hayley

• _( :⁍ 」 )_
  • Global Moderator
  • I Live Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
herp

I just don’t really understand why the Greasers get so much more stock than the other cliques.
I don't either although I would guess it's their appearance. :mellow:
Insert "people are shallow" comment here then brace self for arguing.

Offline BloodChuckZ

• Bullworth God
  • Original Member
  • Define "Life" For Me Again...
  • Are You Insane ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
How on Earth do you think the Preps, or any rich people, get, keep, and amass their wealth ?  By running over other human beings.  Money is their 'God' and they will do anything to keep it and get more, up to and including murder.  They are no better than the Mafia, even worse since their entire personalities are centered on greed.  Their contemptuous attitude towards others, even their own in some cases, speaks volumes as to just what kind of despicable people they really are.