News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Important message regarding newbies......  (Read 5996 times)

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
Important message regarding newbies......
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:30:32 AM »
I am going to add to the modding section rules here and also post a brief message due to recent events and as such everyone should take this seriously.

If I am out of line for doing this Chrissy...feel free to let me know.

• NO bashing newbies.

There are some members here that have been getting more then a bit harsh with the newbies and I realize that newbies can irritate or annoy people with the numerous questions they have even if it is the same question over and over.....The one thing I DO NOT tolerate is harsh treatment of new modders/members because it is not justified and in a lot of cases will just scare them off. I always try to help everyone that asks for help and I always am patient. I would like to see others try to do the same thing. We were all newbies once and I have a feeling that some have forgotten that fact.

Any further harsh treatment of newbies will be swiftly dealt with by the staff since this is one of the main things that has caused the GTA community to be a rather horrible place for any new modders...and one of the reasons why I forever left it. I do not want to see the bully community have the same thing happen.

Please consider the above a extra rule added to all of the modding section rules that have been posted thus far.

I am leaving this topic unlocked so anyone can post their thoughts about this but any harsh posts will be deleted without warning.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Important message regarding newbies......
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:31:11 AM »
Definitely agree with this. Certain members need to stop with the mocking "plz help" and quit acting like they're authority on this board, when they're doing is making things worse.

Even if someone's being annoying, you don't try to tackle the situation yourself. What you should do is report it to a mod.

I've been more than lenient now on this. But I am starting to reach my limits.

Offline King Cobra

• Admin
  • I Live Here
  • TGSWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »
I myself have been seeing this behavior and won't continue to tolerate it. Our community was never like this and why we are suddenly acting like this is beyond me.

The modding section provides a majority of this forum's activity and is the reason a lot of members join. By being harsh on the new members this will scare them off and possibly deter them from continuing in modding. In the long run that will hurt the activity we have here.

As Madman stated above, this behavior is bringing us in the direction of a GTA community, which is the opposite of what we want to be.

Something that has been said many times over and is being said again now, is to not take a situation on yourself. Don't hesitate to ask for help from the staff. We will help you. By trying to fix a situation yourself you may cause more damage than good.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:02:57 AM by King Cobra »

Offline Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »
I'm late here (since I'm not a modder, I don't often check this section).  But I'm glad that you guys addressed this.  Part of why I fell in love with this community is because the people here were so friendly to me when I first arrived and then forgave me when I got out of line.  No one is perfect and we all need to support each other.   :jajaja:

Offline Chrissy

• Admin
  • My Butt Is Permanently Glued To This Chair
  • Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
Mmkay, my two cents:

Everyone, stop acting like dicks when I'm not around.

Offline xXxNarumi

• Apprehended (Captured)
  • xNarumi wont be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »
Be nice to Chrissy everyone
Never be an idolninja and bash newbies.
Just making them think the site full of jack asses.

Offline speed

• Don't disrespect people or I will disrespect you.
  • I don't have anything 2 hide but I keep my privacy
    • View Profile
    • HostileHacks - specialized in games/hacking
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 02:32:11 AM »
patience is the heaven
rude is the hell
members must be the angels
bullies the devil

angels stays and wins
devils goes and loses

what are you?

I am an angel to people UNLESS I see them being disrespectfull to someone or myself ;)

(there is a DEVIL inside (robby williams but angel replaced with devil XD))

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:52:59 AM »
Hey guys c00ld0c here. I just want to say that I really love this community and I will support the anti bashing in any way.
As a modder I will help newbies with lua as far as I can.
Back then when I was 13 I left the GTA community.
Why?
Cuz I asked where is a download for a map and the map maker bashed me with curses. When I reported him to the staff, guess who got banned? Me. Why? The admin is the map makers best friend.
Since then I searched for a better community.
A cimmunity with pure and good people͵ and kind modders. A place where the admins are not corrupt.
And 1 year ago I found this place.
Thank you B-B. I am here forever

FaZe

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 01:28:45 PM »
I have had a lot of people come to me, and say, CAN U MAK HACKZZ FOR ME PLZZ, and i have had to say no, because first they arn't hacks, and second, i just wanna get on with my own mods, to please the community, im not just gonna make it just for you.....I'm not being mean, im just aying, i'm getting tired of people asking non-stop, It seems to have calmed down a bit now.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »
I have had a lot of people come to me, and say, CAN U MAK HACKZZ FOR ME PLZZ, and i have had to say no, because first they arn't hacks, and second, i just wanna get on with my own mods, to please the community, im not just gonna make it just for you.....I'm not being mean, im just aying, i'm getting tired of people asking non-stop, It seems to have calmed down a bit now.
I've been getting that a lot lately too.

FaZe

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »
It's just some people who think they are in capable of doing it them selves, I thought that when I first came into modding, but I put my head down and carried on trying, because I knew that I had the power to succeed, and I did.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
It's just some people who think they are in capable of doing it them selves, I thought that when I first came into modding, but I put my head down and carried on trying, because I knew that I had the power to succeed, and I did.

THIS is the message I have been trying to teach to everyone. Very happy to see that some visitors here do in fact pay close attention to what some of the more experienced members here have to say and I am very glad that there is still hope yet for this community to turn out the way I have envisioned since the beginning.  :biggrin:

The two best things a person in this community can do is to 1. pay attention to what others here have posted and try to learn from all of it. and 2. work together as a team and not just as lone wolfs like the gta community is and in the end....everyone will win as well as learn a lot from the experience.

Everything learned while part of a solid modding community can be carried over into real life and used in the same fashion. Teamwork is always the key here since not only do you get a much better chance of pulling off that one mod you always wanted to make...but you will also make some new friends in the process which in this day and age....is a very good thing since there is just too much hatred amongst various communities anymore and personally....I have had my fill of it. It does not help us out in the end and usually just makes things much worse for everyone involved as well as others not involved. Heh.

Offline chuckyyes

• KFC forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »
I am going to add to the modding section rules here and also post a brief message due to recent events and as such everyone should take this seriously.

If I am out of line for doing this Chrissy...feel free to let me know.

• NO bashing newbies.

There are some members here that have been getting more then a bit harsh with the newbies and I realize that newbies can irritate or annoy people with the numerous questions they have even if it is the same question over and over.....The one thing I DO NOT tolerate is harsh treatment of new modders/members because it is not justified and in a lot of cases will just scare them off. I always try to help everyone that asks for help and I always am patient. I would like to see others try to do the same thing. We were all newbies once and I have a feeling that some have forgotten that fact.

Any further harsh treatment of newbies will be swiftly dealt with by the staff since this is one of the main things that has caused the GTA community to be a rather horrible place for any new modders...and one of the reasons why I forever left it. I do not want to see the bully community have the same thing happen.

Please consider the above a extra rule added to all of the modding section rules that have been posted thus far.

I am leaving this topic unlocked so anyone can post their thoughts about this but any harsh posts will be deleted without warning.
i will try not be annoying

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
ill try my best not to be annoying.