News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Act edits  (Read 12626 times)

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Act edits
« on: December 12, 2012, 05:28:00 AM »
I modded the effects of DO_Striker_A and G_Striker_A. I won't bother with changing moves for Jimmy until the cat archives are extracted.

The third punch of both styles now knocks people backwards similar to the uppercut of P_Striker_A.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Just a dood doing dood things.
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
Re: Act edits
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
WOW! That looks awesome. Does that mean that you or Mad was able to rewrite Act.img?
When I opened it in hope to understand whats written in there so I can edit the prefects grapples to make it harder I didnt understand shit. Its all written in some kind of IDK.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:50:04 AM »
Well, you'd have to define "rewrite", since that can technically mean two things here. But all I did was hex edit a couple of files in Act.

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:20 AM »
Ah......... well when you open act all u can see is some kind of symboles.... So I asked if you could rewrite this into english.... I mean C++ or any other scripting languge there is... IDK, I dont know a lot of this stuff....

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
Gotcha. Thing is, those symbols are all actually just memory, since you're hex editing it (hex editing is basically replacing memory). But to strip it to its bare bones...that's something we haven't figured out how to do, yet.

All we know is that the cat files are archives. But what their syntax/programming language is...no clue.

deadpoolXYZ

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 01:46:33 PM »
What is supposed to be the beggining of the code of an especific attack and what the end?

I mean, I see something like .../.../ before "heavy attack" or "execute attack"

Offline c00ld0c26

• The D0c
  • Can't Get Enough
    • View Profile
    • My channel.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »
Cant wait till the lua scripts will be fully rewriten all the stuff pepole can do with this :D

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
What is supposed to be the beggining of the code of an especific attack and what the end?

I mean, I see something like .../.../ before "heavy attack" or "execute attack"

Some of the moves seem to be archived and not visible while others are. That's one thing I haven't messed around with, nor do I plan to until the cat archives are extracted.

I just know how to edit the effects of attacks.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
All of the  .../.../ that you see in any .cat file when loaded in a hex editor is actually folder paths stored in it.

Think of a rar or zip file with folders inside it...but in this case....its a bit different. All I have been able to determine from my own exploring of the .cat archive structure is that there are a series of files for each attack or attack combo.....or any action such as moving around...jumping..etc. And those files are stored inside of the .cat files and referenced by ide. Thats where you get the terms ActionTree and Animation Group which I am sure some of you have already seen but wondered what those were.

Here is an example of how this basicly works:

Lets take Jimmy and use him as a example.

/Global/Player is Jimmy's ActionTree Root. where Act/Player.act is the ActionTree File.

Then you have the AITree Root which is /Global/PlayerAI and the AITree File which will be Act/PlayerAI.act.

Bully is coded with some code that tells it which .act file is which .cat file. In this case the .cat file would be Player.cat which will then hold certain actiontree paths and actionNodes which are specific single actions.

You CAN however map any move to any button using LUA...however Red and I have not had time to properly test this out on any of the actiontree paths in the .cat files because in hex....they are a nightmare to make any sense out of.

I have only figured a few of them out and not enough to really be useful to anyone....

Hope that sheds a little light on this subject.  8)

Offline Xavier the vampire

• Vampire is dark gift you really become vampire.
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »
The problem is I am not sure to try ide or act editing from HXD maybe you would created with ide or act show me how Johnny fighting style with his boss style? (Greaser Leader)

I already have Russell Boss Style Fixed (Bully Boss) You can run or ride a bike
I already have Derby Boss Style Fixed (Preppy Leader) You can control on Jimmy without keeping attacking bug been fixed
I already have Preppy Full Fighting Style Fixed (Gord or Bif styles) You can now full preppy style on Jimmy
I already Prefect been fixed on Jimmy without torch prefect as Seph?
I already have Russell Semi Fixed
I already have Johnny Semi Fixed
I already have Johnny Boss Style fixed you can control act on Jimmy been fixed.

Offline WhenLifeGivesYouLemons

• xfire: 1emonthatsme
  • 波動バースト
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
The problem is I am not sure to try ide or act editing from HXD maybe you would created with ide or act show me how Johnny fighting style with his boss style? (Greaser Leader)

I already have Russell Boss Style Fixed (Bully Boss) You can run or ride a bike
I already have Derby Boss Style Fixed (Preppy Leader) You can control on Jimmy without keeping attacking bug been fixed
I already have Preppy Full Fighting Style Fixed (Gord or Bif styles) You can now full preppy style on Jimmy
I already Prefect been fixed on Jimmy without torch prefect as Seph?
I already have Russell Semi Fixed
I already have Johnny Semi Fixed
I already have Johnny Boss Style fixed you can control act on Jimmy been fixed.
If you want to be able to use Full styles it's going to have to be done in Lua. Hxd Hex can only get you so far.

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »
good work red

Offline Davidlam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 02:47:52 AM »
He is a good modder, but he mod no more

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 02:29:46 PM »
Thanks, and yeah, I've more or less retired from modding, since I got bored of the game and lost interest when MadmaN ran into his problems. But if he comes back to modding full-time, I'll also come out of retirement.

I do want to shift my focus to machinimas, though. But for that, I'll need a new desktop first to get solid framerates on my footage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:35:14 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline Unknownsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
Thanks, and yeah, I've more or less retired from modding, since I got bored of the game and lost interest when MadmaN ran into his problems. But if he comes back to modding full-time, I'll also come out of retirement.

I do want to shift my focus to machinimas, though. But for that, I'll need a new desktop first to get solid framerates on my footage.
I don't blame you for getting bored of this game. I'm getting bored of it since I've modded it alot and got like 98% completion.
You also do good in machinimas like the Pete Show: Field Trip. There is actually a wierd method to boost your FPS on Bully, you can whatch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLex4nquiZE. Plenty of ppl want MadmaN to come back to modding so the PSMM can b finished, which will be in about another 9 years(jk). It would also be cool to see someone like you make a return. Just one question tho. Did u learn most of your coding from MadmaN? Just asking cause you seemed almost like you didnt know how to code, on mad's 1st topic.(no offence RB)