News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: what you find annoying in bully  (Read 39554 times)

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
Re: what you find annoying in bully
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
How the game spawns the same people over and over as you walk through areas.

Here is Angie near the fountain, now I'm walking past the library and here's Angie again, now I'm in front of the school entrance and oh, there she is again.

Offline BullworthChampion

• The Champ
  • Straight up awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2014, 11:47:09 AM »

Here is Angie near the fountain, now I'm walking past the library and here's Angie again, now I'm in front of the school entrance and oh, there she is again.

It's like that when video games give everyone in the game a distinctive look and feel. Ever played Shenmue or Shenmue II? It's a dreamcast/Xbox brand game( GREAT ASS GAME ) every character has a voice file so it would be hard to not have them repeat. Only problem is Sega put everyone in Shenmue on a routine, meaning that what they do at 1:00 pm is what they are going to be doing at 1:00 pm everyday as long as you play the game. Bully didn't do all that except for like classmates running inside the building when the bell rings. So all in all, I'm guessing they didn't want all their characters to feel robotic, but at the end of the day, they wound up doing something that frustrates a load of players-CONSTANT RESPAWN-. But, I'd rather have the constant respawn over 200+ characters who have absolutely nothing to do with anything, like GTA.

Offline BullworthChampion

• The Champ
  • Straight up awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
What I found most annoying was that my imagination is limited to a degree of how I want Jimmy to look.

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »

It's like that when video games give everyone in the game a distinctive look and feel. Ever played Shenmue or Shenmue II? It's a dreamcast/Xbox brand game( GREAT ASS GAME ) every character has a voice file so it would be hard to not have them repeat. Only problem is Sega put everyone in Shenmue on a routine, meaning that what they do at 1:00 pm is what they are going to be doing at 1:00 pm everyday as long as you play the game. Bully didn't do all that except for like classmates running inside the building when the bell rings. So all in all, I'm guessing they didn't want all their characters to feel robotic, but at the end of the day, they wound up doing something that frustrates a load of players-CONSTANT RESPAWN-. But, I'd rather have the constant respawn over 200+ characters who have absolutely nothing to do with anything, like GTA.

This could had been avoided if only the game kept track of who they spawned, and avoided spawning the same people two times in a row. Or at least taking a while to respawn a ped after despawning.

Also, it would have been sick if there was a bigger  "spawn range", so that there are people doing things in places where Jimmy is not. For example, people fighting in the library and near the fountain while Jimmy is standing near the front gates.

Tech limitations of the time didn't allowed this, but I hope Rockstart implement this in Bully II, if they ever make it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:21:50 PM by PainTrain »

Offline AkematLynn

• How May I Be Of A Disturbance To You?
  • Nothing to see here people, move along!
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »

Yeah that can be highly annoying but it's even worse when the game spawns the same people at the exact same time making it look like everyone has an identical twin and in some cases are identical triplets all standing around talking to one another.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2014, 03:37:42 AM »
Mostly due to the lack of students that would be in a normal school. If they didn't respawn everywhere Bullworth's inhabitants would disappear. Lol

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2014, 08:05:09 PM »

This could had been avoided if only the game kept track of who they spawned, and avoided spawning the same people two times in a row. Or at least taking a while to respawn a ped after despawning.

Also, it would have been sick if there was a bigger  "spawn range", so that there are people doing things in places where Jimmy is not. For example, people fighting in the library and near the fountain while Jimmy is standing near the front gates.

Tech limitations of the time didn't allowed this, but I hope Rockstart implement this in Bully II, if they ever make it.

The game DOES keep track of who spawns where.

The problem you are talking about is actually not a game bug or a problem exactly....It is actually just due to overuse of the same random ped spawning code which can easily be overridden and all without lua...since all you have to do is just edit the many .dat files inside of trigger.img. Very easy to override this and force specific peds or specific sets of peds for certain areas.....with lua however you can tie specific peds down to spawn only where you want them and only at specific times according to the ingame clock.....not that hard.

But for those of you that do not mod or have any interest in modding or using any mods....that will be a unsolvable issue sadly......

Mostly due to the lack of students that would be in a normal school. If they didn't respawn everywhere Bullworth's inhabitants would disappear. Lol

Very true....however I will add that there IS quite a few UNUSED slots for more peds that are atm reserved as special slots...but still unused but can be re-enabled without too much work. This gives the possability of us extending the "ped population" and creating far more peds for much more diversity inside the game and allowing for better random ped generation.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:08:07 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
Another very annoying thing is that when you mod the game, the characters glitch and they keep repeating the same line for every situation over and over again until your brain can not take it anymore.

"I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid!"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:36:50 AM by PainTrain »

Offline riki2cool

• The most festive member
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2014, 05:32:14 AM »
Another very annoying thing is that when you mod the game, the characters glitch and they keep repeating the same line for every situation over and over again until your brain can not take it anymore.

"I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid!"

Well, it happens because Johnny was never meant to be seen in free-roam, therefore they recorded an abysmal amount of voice lines for him.

Most of his voice lines are from the greaser missions. For example: he shouts "Eat dirt Jimmy!" whenever he does the axe kick on anyone. (He also says "Hey Kid!" as a greeting line to everyone, including adults)

Same thing happens for all clique leaders. There's a lot of missing audio, which is really noticeable when you conversate with them. (Try pushing them or insulting them)

Offline PainTrain

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »

"I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid! I'm just toying with you, kid!"

Well, it happens because Johnny was never meant to be seen in free-roam, therefore they recorded an abysmal amount of voice lines for him.

Most of his voice lines are from the greaser missions. For example: he shouts "Eat dirt Jimmy!" whenever he does the axe kick on anyone. (He also says "Hey Kid!" as a greeting line to everyone, including adults)

Same thing happens for all clique leaders. There's a lot of missing audio, which is really noticeable when you conversate with them. (Try pushing them or insulting them)

That is not the case. I have extracted Johnny's audio files, as well as of other character's that weren't meant to appear in free roam, and they still have lines recorded for situations that were never meant to happen to them.

And that has nothing to do with it. You mod one single thing in the game, and the same thing happen to characters that appear on regular free roam. After a while, the game doesn't randomly choses between the lines recorded for every situation, it only picks the first one.

Offline Screenracer

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:52 PM »
That you can't return to some areas after you complete a mission.  The funhouse, the junkyard where you beat up Johnny, the roof of the school, the observatory, etc.

I was working on a mod to do this for about a week or two now and I managed to spawn the roof, but thats all. :L

Anyways, I hate how you get busted for truancy on your way to class. Then you gotta get all your weapons back. >:O

Offline Sphinx

• The one and only Sphinx
  • Long-Titted No Nippled Bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »
It's annoying that I can't get the pipe Johnny uses during his boss fight.

Offline Craig Tucker

• We,ve drawn a blank
  • I suck at creating scripts
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:15 AM »
I think the preps invades are annoying

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
The Super Mod solved most, if not all of my Bully-related problems all but one.

The oh-so-painfully-cheesy ending.

Oh and also the fact that Jimmy doesn't have a sleeves down version of his uniform. It's why I hate winter in the game.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:48:45 PM by Scum »