News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: RAGE Engine: Would It Be Great?  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
RAGE Engine: Would It Be Great?
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »
I was wondering, would RAGE engine be good on Bully 2?

Bully had probably the best physics, even better than IV.

IMO IV's physics were too sensitive IMO I mean even running into a ped makes them fall over.
I really don't want them kind of physics in Bully 2. Unless a push down feature was added.

I want the anims but definatly NOT the over sensitive physics.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
Re: RAGE Engine: Would It Be Great?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
I would like a System similar to the RAGE one, but with some edits.

And I think I explained but I want the fighting system to be a cross between The Warriors, GTA IV, And the original Bully. I think it would be cool.

IMO Bully 1 was amazing, but if we got that same engine in Bully 2 I would get bored of it very quickly, so like I said I want it like RAGE but with some edits.

And yeah, I agree with the statement you made on GTA IV.

Offline Scum

• I'm Scum.
  • Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »
I'm sure that it'll be the RAGE engine. Maybe with some modifications made, but still. And I think that the fighting style and moves will be completely different, because fighting is one of the main things in the game, so I doubt that they'll just throw a mix of previous styles.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »
After doing some thinking I came up with this:
PROS AND CONS

PROS
The fighting styles would be more realistic.
Getting KO'd would result in a realistic stance. (Bully 1 kinda did well on it, but was awful sometimes, like kicking a guy in the kne would make them put there hands on there head)
It'd be easier/harder to knock down bigger/small people. Russell and Bif would near impossible to knock down while Sheldon would go down like a piece of paper.

CONS
Chasing would be unrealistic. All you have to do is run into a prefect and they'll go down like a domino. Then you'll get in trouble.
Occasionally fighting would be too messed up. By punching someone they'll get KO'd down and then get back up.

Also we'll see if R* made improvements to RAGE in GTA V.

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
Umm...it's not like game engines are so restricted, you know. The knocking down of peds depends on how it's scripted. They can be set to stumble and not fall down.

Also, while I agree some ways of being knocked out is weird, I don't agree with what you said. Whenever I kick someone in the leg, he/she holds his/her leg. But my favorite knocked out position is when their left hand is on their chest. They just look so helpless.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:35:17 AM »

CONS
Chasing would be unrealistic. All you have to do is run into a prefect and they'll go down like a domino. Then you'll get in trouble.
Occasionally fighting would be too messed up. By punching someone they'll get KO'd down and then get back up.

Also we'll see if R* made improvements to RAGE in GTA V.

Like I said, they should do edits for that.

The KO'D down and getting back up is realistic, what chu talkin bout Willis?

And yeah, I guess we'll see how GTA V goes.