News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Bully's Data Findings.  (Read 7371 times)

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
    • My Official Youtube Channel
Bully's Data Findings.
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »
Yo.

1.) Handling.cfg?
I found this in C:\Programs and Files\Rockstar Games\Bully Scholarship Edition\Config
If you open it, it is the default handling.cfg from GTA San Andreas!!!
If you read the file, you'll see lines like
REGINA             400.0   1.9   4.0   1.6   0.00   0.10   -0.50   75   1.10   0.90   0.40   4   95.0   28.1   F   P   18.00   0.45   0   31.4   1.50   1.00   0.25   0.60       1   0.15   -0.15   0.50   0.3   0x3   1   1   25.00

As GTA SA players know, the Regina isn't found in Bully.
Nor is the maverick or the rhino. It'd be fun if it was though.

By stumbling across this I think Bully IS GTA SA just stripped down and rebuilt.
I don't think modding this will make a effect on Bully but make a backup incase it does.

2.) Was sweating planned??
I found this in cloths.dat (Found in C:\Programs and Files\Rockstar Games\Bully Scholarship Edition\Config\Dat)
It says at the top of the file "Warmth Factors" and below it reads 0 Bare   2 - Cold   4 - Warm   6 - Hot
Juding by this I think Bully was gonna have a "sweat" thing where (Say) in summer, If Jimmy wears all winter clothes he'll sweat. If in Winter he wore his underwear and nothing else, he'd start to freeze.

(NOTE: This is my guess)

3.) Attitudes towards others.
Found in C:\Programs and Files\Rockstar Games\Bully Scholarship Edition\Config\Dat

The list is like this, It's hard to explain so here is a picture.

Nothing odd to be found here but if you prat around with this, you can make new rivalarys. Or make gangs hate their own members. :D Very useful for making Machimna. Or however you spell it.

4.) Pedstats.dat
This I believe lists the stats for special actors like Gary or Damon's "boss" appearance.
I believe this because it doesn't have stuff like "GRGirl_Lola" etc. But it does have stuff like "B_RUSSELL_A" and stuff like "STAT_BIKECHASE" so I think this is .dat file is for special events that happen once in the game. 
I do not know if these are boss stats but don't modify this without a backup.
I think modding this might screw up boss fights.

5.) areabbox.dat
I believe this file is for the invisible walls to stop you getting out the aera without the door.
Because at the top it says
# This file sets out the parameters for the area bounding boxes.
# [Left,Top, Base] [Right, Bottom, Height] reference using Max Script
# Anything zeroed out is not currently in game.

Mod this at your own risk.

6.) clthopin.dat
This data file is what the NPC's think of your clothing.
It's layed out Like the attitude one, but you can edit this so the prefects won't yell at you for wearing different clothes.
Here is a picture of the entire file.

I'll be browsing more of Bully's data files soon. :)

Chrissy

Re: Bully's Data Findings.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »
#2 is actually a really interesting find. Wouldn't it have been fantastic if they managed to integrate that into the game?

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:04 AM »
Hey how do you edit or mod the Attitude file for bully? What stats do you change? And the pedstats.dat isn't a boss style changer it's a health changer also it modifies different blocks,running,aggression, and other stuff. But How do you mod the attitude.dat I see the attitude's but where do you place or replace.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:15:52 AM »
I can explain how when I wake up. Heading to bed atm and too tired to think straight....lol

It is actually very easy.
The attitude does not just control what the peds say about clothing...etc. It also controls the various attitudes of each faction towards eachother and to the player. You can make factions hate eachother to the point that they attack one another on sight without so much as a insult first.

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:06 AM »
I changed all of those to the disspasionate one, but it seemed they just acted normal, real bugger.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »
Hey how do you edit or mod the Attitude file for bully? What stats do you change? And the pedstats.dat isn't a boss style changer it's a health changer also it modifies different blocks,running,aggression, and other stuff. But How do you mod the attitude.dat I see the attitude's but where do you place or replace.
Too modify all you have to do is replace one word with one of the following words: Adore, Dig, Dispassionate, Averse, Abhor or your game will crash.

ADORE: I think this means they'll fight for, speak kindly too and won't fight unless prevoked.
DIG: I think this means they like the facton/player but won't fight for them.
DISPASSIONATE: This means they don't like the faction but won't attack them on sight.
AVERSE: I myself don't know what this word means so here is Google's definition.
Having a strong dislike of or opposition to something.
So I think it's the rivalary between Preps and greasers kind of dislike.
ABHOR: Something that is hated. Oddly only the Prefects are abhor to the Townies.

I'll list the layout in a bit. I'm just browsing some more of the files.

#2 is actually a really interesting find. Wouldn't it have been fantastic if they managed to integrate that into the game?

It'd be odd.
"You are starting to sweat. Take off your clothes."
Me: O_o

I can explain how when I wake up. Heading to bed atm and too tired to think straight....lol

It is actually very easy.
The attitude does not just control what the peds say about clothing...etc. It also controls the various attitudes of each faction towards eachother and to the player. You can make factions hate eachother to the point that they attack one another on sight without so much as a insult first.

Attitude.dat doesn't control what the NPC's say about clothing. It's the clthopin.dat does that.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:18:24 AM by Johnny Vincentfan1 »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:32 PM »
I stand corrected m8. Thanks for correcting me on the clothing opinions part as I was very tired when I wrote that post and didn't bother to check it closely.

You do have things pretty well defined and I will say good job because you saved me the work of doing the same thing....heh

Adverse btw does in most cases mean attacking on sight if say its the nerds clique and the jocks....which is due to ingame mechanice that we cannot change. But jimmy is also affected too. I have done a lot of experimentation with this file and can elaborate more if you would like, or I can let you have the fun of figuring it out in your own way...whichever you want....I have no problem with.

It is good to see other modders taking a active interest in somthing other then fighting styles...since the fighting styles seems to be a right obsession with most the bully players....lol

Offline UltimateGamer1

• BullyLeecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
Well controlling how peds attack is what I am trying to do. I'll try to look into this and @Madman in your post on ped spawneer I never said the BlueBalls was called BlueBalls in trigger. I knew it was called IGreaser lol, but how do you override the IGreaser everytime I do this it just crashes and says that the game encountered an error and needs to close. This usually happens when the mod isn't completed right do you know how to fix this.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »
Yea, I can fix that.

I will get a tutorial together for ya a bit later today.

Offline Al Arlington

• 101A
  • Money Handler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
I've uninstalled Bully now cos it was laggy and I had very low disk space.
I have kept the data and stream folders though. :D

Adverse btw does in most cases mean attacking on sight if say its the nerds clique and the jocks....which is due to ingame mechanice that we cannot change. But jimmy is also affected too. I have done a lot of experimentation with this file and can elaborate more if you would like, or I can let you have the fun of figuring it out in your own way...whichever you want....I have no problem with.

I believe the Attitude.dat will only effect Jimmy in the very beginning of the game.

GTA SA has a simmilar data file BUT with GTA SA you can make Grove hate CJ.as Madman Stated the "everone hates Jimmy" can be done through script/exe modding only.