News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Saurabhb47 MIXING FIGHTING STYLES.  (Read 27508 times)

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
Re: Saurabhb47 MIXING FIGHTING STYLES.
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
I'll have to PM you that info.

oh sorry about that red wasn't thinking, didn't mean to highlight anything personal for you their mate, back on topic i do think scripted styles would be a way forward

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »
@Steman Yes that would giv us a huge clue

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:49 AM »
what i mean by scripted styles is having the style given to you by a script, ie like when you go boxing it gives you the "boxingplayer" style but then instead of it giving you back "player.act" when the mission ends, have it give you something else completely different instead.

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
oh omg now i know wat u mean i thought u meant fighting style swapping in scripts.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »
well it is technicly fighting style swapping in scripts, except its not code-swapping its manually edited in, personally i think this script style thing is a descent idea

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »
when saurabhb47 said srew up act and scripts maybe he means copy a boss style from scripts in to act:D

EDIT: wat do u think?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:27:07 AM by DBOWNZZ »

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »
im not entirely sure matey

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
wat do u think he means?
Also if u tell me how to do that script style swapping i can try it:D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:35:24 AM by DBOWNZZ »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »
Like everyone has said....the style swapping just takes some time and patience since you have to do a bit of trial and error to figure out what works...what doesnt.....take note of what works and doesnt and basicly go from there. If you really carefully look over the structure of the files in a hex editor....you will start to see that there are a lot of editing possabilities there and really, not to piss anyone off or anything...but anyone that gives up after a little bit of time should just walk away from that part of modding for a short bit...then come back and give it another try since if you keep at it...you eventually will succeed.

If you take a look at some the things I have done and released....the mods I and others have done do take quite a lot of time to come up with and get working....so modders that do this level of work really hate to be pestered by someone begging them for a complete handout as this is basicly the same as letting someone copy test answers from you during school as that person will never really learn anything from doing that....they will jsut get a easy way out of things and continue down that road. The new modders that DO try to learn modding the game without asking for any handouts...but just a hint or two however will usually get some help in the form of a hint to steer them in the right direction but not give a complete full answer. I have been doing that on my end with releases I have released....rather then just give a polished up solution that noone can learn from. Plus I have lately been helping a new modder via xfire with a few mods since he genuinely is willing to learn how to do this and he does try pretty hard which makes me quite proud as he has read the tutorials I have released and actually learned a lot from them....which makes me happy that someone is learning on their own how to go further with somthing that was already released.

@RedBlasterI hope the move went well and that you are settling in your new place ok since moving can be a pain....as well as moving out...lol. Not sure which is harder since I have experienced both. But I will be getting in contact with you soon via pm since I will be needing someone to help with testing some things for me since I will be hand picking testers atm and only a few since I will be releasing some pretty groundbreaking stuff for bully very very very soon.
@saurabhb47I hope that you are still willing to do some teaming up soon and sry for not getting into further contact with you since the last pm as I have been rather bogged down with way too many projects going on at once and have had little time to spare to even be here on the forum lately but that will change soon since I am whittling down my list of things do do and things that must be done...lol

Hopefully I didnt derail this thread too much but I just had to insert my 2 cents worth and if it actually means somthing to someone...then cool...if not....then oh well. No modding community is perfect and there will always be some that beg for handouts...and others that genuinely want to learn on their own with little help....and others that prefer full tutorials to learn from before starting their own mods based on what they have learned....but in the end....this is what game modding is all about. To learn from and go further and further with each new mod.

The GTA community is a prime example of everything I have said and I have considered that a model for this community to build upon as long as we can all cooperate with eachother and not piss current modders off to the point where they refuse to ever release anything. That will just end up to be a downfall of the community and will bring bad opinions to not just the general community...but to the modder(s) themselves and that is somthing I really do not want to see.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:33:26 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 11:54:01 PM »
Thanks saurabhb47, DBOWNZZ, Greasers, Bullyimod, Steman, MadmaN for all your great work, can't wait for your new mods! KARMA GIVEN TO ALL :) Keep up the good work guys!

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »
Thanks Greenom, but you can't compare me to Stem or Mad, no way lol

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:34 AM »
yeah sorry Mad and saurabhb47 could 1 of u guys tell me how scripts works then ill continue my search of mixing styles:D

Offline Evolution

• Elitist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2012, 04:15:03 AM »
Er, I doubt Sarubh47 will help anyone as of now, but maybe later. He is not going to tell us how to mix styles which is completely understandable though.

Anyway 360hackmaster, Just another tip.. Their is no point hanging around this thread if no one is online, u may wanna look at that so you don't waste time :P

Offline DBOWNZZ

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2012, 06:53:05 AM »
Just found out how scipts and act work so i'm gonna get modding. Act has the attacks in. And scripts has the boss styles and missions in.

Offline Prosecute

• View Profile
    • NewDayStudios
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2012, 09:09:15 AM »
Er, I doubt Sarubh47 will help anyone as of now, but maybe later. He is not going to tell us how to mix styles which is completely understandable though.

Anyway 360hackmaster, Just another tip.. Their is no point hanging around this thread if no one is online, u may wanna look at that so you don't waste time :P

Thank you very much GreenOmni, your shoutout and input is greatly respected and well appreciated so thanks for that, allthough I must say I am taking a short break from making mods and generally experimenting sadly for the forseeable, as far as Alex's comment goes DB, I would have to say that I don't personally think he will release it full stop, people like him are common sadly and they need people like you and others to pester them on youtube and elsewhere because this boosts their fragile ego in their seemingly insignificant lives, the best thing to do would be to just ignore them as you wont be filling their tanks with the fuel that is vitaly needed for this, this is why these people will never release anything sadly. I do have to agree with Alexs' second observation about hanging about when noones online, these things can't be rushed i'm affraid matey, so Alex is right when he says that your hanging around like a bad smell, sadly the number of people online doesn't change by doing this