News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: Character skin selector  (Read 8365 times)

Offline darthvaderroxs

• View Profile
Character skin selector
« on: November 26, 2011, 11:54:56 AM »
I saw on youtube with this guy who can look like anyone without exitting the game or going to the closet, like some toggle, I want to look like Zoe with the drop out outfit anyone have that?

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
Re: Character skin selector
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »
Aparently this is not going to be released, the guys just uploaded the video to make people want but will not get it

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 01:09:44 PM »
Bruno, he's not doing it to show off. It's an unfinished product and he has absolutely no time to finish it. He's busy on Call of Duty projects.

@darth: The files that control skins are over 1 GB in size, so I'm afraid posting it isn't easy...it'll take less time doing it yourself rather than downloading the file.

I posted a tutorial if you want to see it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:59:05 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline GreenOmnitrix

• XFire: jedijosh920
  • 欺負改裝是真棒
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
I hope when BullyImod123 releases his in-game console, we get to easily change skins and fighting styles by typing a few words only!

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
I hope when BullyImod123 releases his in-game console, we get to easily change skins and fighting styles by typing a few words only!

You may want to give credit to MadmaN and Steman since they're working on that as well.

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
Bruno, he's not doing it to show off. It's an unfinished product and he has absolutely no time to finish it off. He's busy on Call of Duty products.

@darth: The files that control skins are over 1 GB in size, so I'm afraid posting it isn't easy...it'll take less time doing it yourself rather than downloading the file.

I posted a tutorial if you want to see it.
Red u made a tutorial of how to make a character skin selector or just make skins?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
Just swapping skins.

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »
Do you know how to make Jimmy have full prep style? not just the uppercut ?

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »
Yes, but it's buggy. I can only say this much.

And I can't release it to anyone either, because: A) It's not my mod, and B) the modding team NEVER releases unfinished mods.

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
Yes, but it's buggy. I can only say this much.

And I can't release it to anyone either, because: A) It's not my mod, and B) the modding team NEVER releases unfinished mods.
You can't even make a tutorial for me? give me ur msn plz

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
Dude, read what I said:

A) It's not my mod.

In other words, it's not my work. So it would be unfair to the guy who found the mod for me to release his work.

B) The modding team never releases unfinished mods.

In other words, we're going to release it when it's finished. Right now, it's buggy. So we're not releasing it.

Now please remain patient until it's done.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:17:51 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »
Okay, because my last post may have sounded mean-spirited, I'll tell you this:

If you can prove your modding skills in finding something that nobody else has found before, and that you're a trustworthy person, we can discuss letting you in on what we know so far, and we can work together in cracking mods.

But we can't just hand out mods if they're not 100% complete to everyone...we've had problems with leechers before. The people who just keep asking for everything without doing any work, and then end up using it for themselves and try to take all the credit. We're not repeating that mistake.

I hope you understand this, and please don't take it personally.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:34:23 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline Brunoneves99

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
So this forum is not for me ok

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
You're welcome. I actually taught you how to mod, and this is your thanks, eh? I was even being nice in my last comments...un-fucking-believable...

Listen, kid. Nobody in this world owes you anything. You want something, you have to work for it either yourself or WITH others. That's how life works.

I already told you: It's not my mod, and we will release it to everyone, including you, when it's done. I can't violate the trust of the modding team, especially for a newbie like you that I barely know.

If you want to join our little modding team, prove that you can do your own mods (something you have yet to do) and not copy-paste stuff other people gave/taught you, and we can let you in on our work-in-progress. Because frankly, at your level, I KNOW that all you're gonna do if we were to give it you is just use it as it is, without developing it further. That's not how we work, and I still remember how you posted all of JimmyAliff's work without giving credit until I told you to and saying "it's easier than doing it yourself". We don't like that attitude.

So if you're gonna throw a temper tantrum like a child and leave because we won't release an UNFINISHED mod to you, then go right ahead. My stance will not change.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:11:25 PM by Red Blaster »

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »
Nor will mine since releasing unfinished work also will cause several times more ppl asking for help and or support with the unfinished mod and it can lead to a literal nightmare for the modder in question to help everyone so that is also a big factor too....everyone here is doing this free of charge in their own limited spare time so its better to be polite to the modders and just work with them and not against them since this will just lead to modders refusing to release anything at all and tell ppl to just do it themselves.

That is why some modders in the gta community have left completely or have bad reputations with newbies constantly asking for a copy of said mod....it does get annoying after a while.

@Brunoneves99

What Red says is 100% true and I also share all of the same opinions since ...well think of it this way.... Imagine a game developer shows everyone early screenshots of a game they are working on and due to public pressure gets forced to release it early because of public demand.....but once its released its full of bugs and ppl start complaining or they just say the game is crap and leave for good to play somthing else. This scenario has happened in the game industry many times.

Even tho a mod is taking a while to release does not mean it will never be released...it just means that the modder or modders that are working on said mod are just trying to make sure its as bug free as possible before release so that the ppl that want it will enjoy using it and not instantly start making forum posts bickering about its quality or complaining that it does not work for them...etc.

The only mods that anyone will ever see me release early for testing purposes wether its closed testing or public testing will be any bully editing tools I create since that is a little different then a game mod per say and that usually requires more extensive testing to work out as many bugs as possible so that it works for as many ppl as possible. But a game mod that lets you change skins, models, weapons, etc will never be released early even tho a lot of the public will whine and beg for such a thing...it is in the modder's best interests to be as careful as possible before releasing anything, that is why some of us modders have not yet released any new mods due to rather intensive testing and bug fixing going on.

As far as ntauthority and other modders of his caliber goes, He is a busy guy and cannot concentrate solely on bully and nothing else so everyone whining about him will just push him that much further away from our modding community when he finally comes back and reads some of the older posts and current ones and to be honest...that would push me away too since it goes to show that  while the public in general really likes and wants these mods, they really have no idea just how much work goes into them or how hard modding really actually is since not everyone has these skills. I myself am working on finishing three very big mods with steman to avoid them being released early even tho I am working hard to make his early retirement from modding deadline...at the same time those mods might end up being released a little earlier then they should and I really do not wish to see that happen. The reasons for that are already up above in this post and other more personal reasons that are not fit for a public post since that would not be appropriate to discuss in detail here.

@Everyone else that may beg or complain about noone releasing anything

You all may want to just be patient while the modders work on finishing things...they will be released as soon as they are ready and not before. Remember....patience is a virtue and patience is often rewarded in the end and its a lesson I have learned the hard way having once been one of the whiners that I am  talking about in this post....long before I became a game modder and I have as of now modded a rather large list of games. Besides....bully is still in its infancy as far as modding is concerned and none of us is getting any help from official channels and we are all on our own and being forced to make things up as we go along....making new rules that we all go by in creating our respective mods. So as Red says...just have a little patience instead of running off in a snit and getting all mad because we are all trying to do this the right way...if that is not good enough...then like Red said....you are free to go elsewhere....noone is twisting your arm forcing you to be here at all.

Rant over  8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:42:08 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »