News: Welcome back to Bullworth! If you haven't already, you will need to reset your password..

Author Topic: [HELP!] Website for Bully Mods [HELP!]  (Read 4877 times)

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
[HELP!] Website for Bully Mods [HELP!]
« on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
Aaaiiight, so I'm making a website for bully mods only. No forums or talk about anything else and I need YOUR help. If you have any experience/knowledge in html, php or whatever please help me out. The website:    http://bullymods.webs.com/   ... yeah It's webs.com , I know I know...
I haven't paid for a webhost nor have I paid for a doman due to the fact that the site isn't officially up yet.
Anyway... As I said, I need your help.
Please help me out.

But until then:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cEzz_XSYH5w

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP!] Website for Bully Mods [HELP!]
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »
MadmaN is working on a Bully modding website.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
  • Biblio-Techa Mods (retired)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 04:04:45 PM »
aye and it is basicly done and just needs content added....not to mention that for now I will be hosting it since I am my own host anyways. no sense in having half a million sites with the same thing since that just defeats the purpose. My site has download as well as full tutorials...videos...etc basicly everything it should need and it also is written in html5 so its fully compliant too...or at least should be with most browsers out now. Sry if I sound harsh but I dont mean to be...just that I have been working on this on my end for some time and have things literally ready for use....just have to get some things added to it properly and fix a couple missing sections and it will be usable by the community.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:13:51 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
Could you possibly help me?
I really need your help with my site and I would really appreciate it if you could help a fellow modder out.

aye and it is basicly done and just needs content added....not to mention that for now I will be hosting it since I am my own host anyways. no sense in having half a million sites with the same thing since that just defeats the purpose. My site has download as well as full tutorials...videos...etc basicly everything it should need and it also is written in html5 so its fully compliant too...or at least should be with most browsers out now. Sry if I sound harsh but I dont mean to be...just that I have been working on this on my end for some time and have things literally ready for use....just have to get some things added to it properly and fix a couple missing sections and it will be usable by the community.

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:31:27 PM »
well...no problem at all with helping but how about we just combine what you want to do with what i already have created.....since you wish to have downloads...etc on your site for bully, and I already have done the code layout on my setup...in all honesty....pooling both ideas into a single site would really be better in the end for everyone rather then having more then one that does the same thing....thats just my 2 cents worth there. As far as helping....I have had my own design for the site on hold for a small bit due to trying to help steman get the last few mods out before he takes a leave of absence from modding to concentrate on more important matters so I have had very little time to spare with other things....considering that I am also working on three tools for modding bully along with finishing my other two beta releases up as well as trying to do my job as a mod here too....so its a lot to deal with all at once  8)

How about you at least check out what I have for mine and we just go from there? since I have on mine a downloads section, tutorials, videos, credits page for each mod, will be hints and tips, hex editing tutorials...etc. Steman and Red have both seen that site and personally what I would do is just hold a majority vote on this with the forum members and see what they would rather see done and move from that...this way its fair to both of us and that way neither of us is competing or stealing the thunder of while doing these sites  :biggrin:

Here is the link to what I have been working on: http://www.x-fire-clan.com/bully/index.html

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:56:24 PM by |XF|-MadmaN[AR] »

Offline Red Blaster

• The BB Arab
  • More Than Halfway There
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
I was going to say, what's the point of creating another modding website when you can simply lend a hand to a website for Bully modders?  ;)

The point is to work together, not create competition.  :D

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »
My point exactly!  :biggrin:

Offline Xavier the vampire

• Vampire is dark gift you really become vampire.
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 04:28:32 AM »
Jimmy with girl fighitng style are gay?

Offline SWEGTA

• Da Forum Luffs Me!
  • Swee Gee Tee Ayy
    • View Profile
    • Bully & GTA videos
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
Indeed it is!  :euro:
But I wasn't quite aware of that until I read through the responses.
Still, I wan't a website with some of my mods on it so that I can easily share them.
But I would be glad to work together.

The point is to work together, not create competition.  :D

Offline MadmaN

• Bully-Board Admin Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »
Well this website I am in the process of coding is for the whole community to share their work on. For the time being it will be in html since I just dont have the time to code up a proper php based cms system specifically for bully modding but will do so soon as I have proper time and once that is finished I will talk with AJ and see if he is willing to host it. I also considered adding a mini wiki that the contributing modders in the community can use to share ideas mods and other things regarding bully modding without much need for a full time site admin since it is hard to just pick ppl that are not only willing to be a site admin but trustworthy enough as well since it is too easy for someone to just simply take advantage of their power on a site and I have seen that many many times and I am sure other regulars on bullyboard have also seen the same elsewhere. I am also willing to share my cgi based fileserver scripting and have that used as a way to download bully mods and other files related to bully (not the full game since I have no desire to be nailed for anything that would look like software piracy since the laws regarding that are getting stiffer and stiffer anymore..not to mention I believe that being against piracy is also a part of the policy here too so that part I will not do on my end either) but I have been working on a web based upload system to allow anyone to upload whatever they want which then can be moved to teh proper area by myself or another admin if I choose one and basicly just go from there......pardon if I sound like I am rambling but I am kinda operating on autopilot atm due to only having 2 hours sleep the past two days....so I am a bit wore out....lol